Author Topic: Trump: I would rather have presidential election based on the popular vote  (Read 10159 times)

Offline RoosGirl

@Wingnut You've got some experience; I think you might agree that I'm a fairly forgiving kind of girl.  Lying is a bridge too far for me.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@Wingnut You've got some experience; I think you might agree that I'm a fairly forgiving kind of girl.  Lying is a bridge too far for me.

I promise I will never lie to you.  And those pants don't make your tush look .....  :cool:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

I promise I will never lie to you.  And those pants don't make your tush look .....  :cool:

Well, if you're sure....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, if you're sure....

Do you save ALL the pictures I post?  :silly:

And your forgiving nature is the stuff of legends.  (Cough, cough)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

Do you save ALL the pictures I post?  :silly:

And your forgiving nature is the stuff of legends.  (Cough, cough)

Hah, I've posted that picture before.  Speaking of legendary, it's the first one that comes up on a search of "fat woman in yoga pants".

I said "fairly forgiving".  People who lie are not included in "fairly".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hah, I've posted that picture before.  Speaking of legendary, it's the first one that comes up on a search of "fat woman in yoga pants".

I said "fairly forgiving".  People who lie are not included in "fairly".

Yeah, that's exactly the same phrase I searched on to get that picture from The People of Walmart.  That's one famous derriere.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat.  I mean like seeing reality.  War is not peace, freedom is not slavery, etc.
That's not what I was talking about at all.
The fact is that even though one thing might not be perfect, it can certainly be far better than another thing.
That is just common sense.

OK, @Emjay .  Help me out here.  Explain how a Republican espousing Democrat ideas "a far better thing than" a Democrat espousing Democrat ideas.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline WingNot

derriere.

The old "Glutinous maximums".   888high58888

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
When you tire of me doing so, say the word, I will move on. @MOD3

The very sad thing is, you cannot discuss the foundations of liberty itself without discussing the bible, religion and morality.

Discard that, and we have nothing but the politics of men to banter about.

Which is why we are now stuck having arguments with others that our inalienable rights are not rights at all, but government-granted privileges that can be "reasonably regulated".
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:49:12 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
OK, @Emjay .  Help me out here.  Explain how a Republican espousing Democrat ideas "a far better thing than" a Democrat espousing Democrat ideas.

@Hoodat   If you cannot see the difference between Trump's presidency and an Obama or Hillary presidency, I don't think anybody can help you out.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Hoodat   I posted this article earlier on the forum.  It's just one example of Trump doing things better. 

http://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/02/19/trump-immigration-policy-gets-jobs-higher-wages-600-african-americans/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The very sad thing is, you cannot discuss the foundations of liberty itself without discussing the bible, religion and morality.

Which is why we are now stuck having arguments with others that our inalienable rights are not rights at all, but government-granted privileges that can be "reasonably regulated".

In defense of the Mod, there were plenty of the Christian roots of our Republic being allowed, but at some point  it crossed a line.  I wouldn't change a thing about the discussions you're had around here, and I'd hate it if you had to clip your language in any way.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 02:21:45 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Yeah, that's exactly the same phrase I searched on to get that picture from The People of Walmart.  That's one famous derriere.

Believe me I have seen worse at Walmart.  I saw a fat woman with see through top. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Amen
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

My two cents worth: yes, the Bible and morality have to be included in any discussion of our nation's founding, but hitting other posters over the head with "you're going to Rochester because you don't believe exactly the same way I do on the finer points of religion" kinds of comments shouldn't have any place in our discussions.  Heck, the FFs didn't agree on a lot of religious things. 

Offline Hoodat

@Hoodat   If you cannot see the difference between Trump's presidency and an Obama or Hillary presidency, I don't think anybody can help you out.

@Emjay  - Ah, but that's not the issue here.  This thread is about Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution of the United States of America.  So again, what is the difference between a Republican espousing Democrat ideas and a Democrat espousing Democrat ideas?  Trump may do a lot things better than Hillary or Obama, but that doesn't automatically make him right here.  He isn't.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Aw, man.  That's exactly what I thought of as soon as I saw edpc's crack, er, pic.

They say great minds think alike.  Now I'm very concerned.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
My two cents worth: yes, the Bible and morality have to be included in any discussion of our nation's founding, but hitting other posters over the head with "you're going to Rochester because you don't believe exactly the same way I do on the finer points of religion" kinds of comments shouldn't have any place in our discussions.  Heck, the FFs didn't agree on a lot of religious things.

No one was talking about denominational doctrines and myriad catechisms.  No one was saying anyone was being consigned to Rochester for referencing Isaiah or Ezekiel.

If posting a scriptural reference or discussing biblical concepts is verboten, then discussing liberty or Conservatism itself is a non-starter.  We would be limited to simply discussing the politics of men and government, which is how our society got into this entire mess of a declining culture to begin with.

Liberty as was intended for us is wholly dependent upon a foundation of shared basic Judeo-Christian Biblical tenets agreed and adhered to by a whole people.  The entire concept of self-governance when you read the Founders was predicated on the fact that the people had little need of an all-powerful monarchy presiding over every aspect of life that required a 'by your leave' grant of rulers.  This people, unlike any other in the written history of man were already governed by a set of principles and morals found in their religion that negated a need for monarchy or dictatorship to keep order.

A people who personally refused to be governed by the God our Founders rendered obeisance, are a people that will be ruled by the tyranny of corrupt and vain men.  Conservatism void of foundational (and yes Biblical) principles, is simply become a belief system whereby discussions will be limited to empowering government and men in power to be the ultimate authority in order to give us what we demand.

Which makes us no different than Democrats.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No one was talking about denominational doctrines and myriad catechisms.  No one was saying anyone was being consigned to Rochester for referencing Isaiah or Ezekiel.

If posting a scriptural reference or discussing biblical concepts is verboten, then discussing liberty or Conservatism itself is a non-starter.  We would be limited to simply discussing the politics of men and government, which is how our society got into this entire mess of a declining culture to begin with.

Liberty as was intended for us is wholly dependent upon a foundation of shared basic Judeo-Christian Biblical tenets agreed and adhered to by a whole people.  The entire concept of self-governance when you read the Founders was predicated on the fact that the people had little need of an all-powerful monarchy presiding over every aspect of life that required a 'by your leave' grant of rulers.  This people, unlike any other in the written history of man were already governed by a set of principles and morals found in their religion that negated a need for monarchy or dictatorship to keep order.

A people who personally refused to be governed by the God our Founders rendered obeisance, are a people that will be ruled by the tyranny of corrupt and vain men.  Conservatism void of foundational (and yes Biblical) principles, is simply become a belief system whereby discussions will be limited to empowering government and men in power to be the ultimate authority in order to give us what we demand.

Which makes us no different than Democrats.

Invar, I'll apologize in advance: I didn't read your full comment.  What I was responding, as I'm sure you know, was one poster accusing another poster of being un-Christian.  Please tell me that how that advances anything?  Well, except for ill will and closing down of minds.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Invar, I'll apologize in advance: I didn't read your full comment.  What I was responding, as I'm sure you know, was one poster accusing another poster of being un-Christian.  Please tell me that how that advances anything?  Well, except for ill will and closing down of minds.

That would be me and I will not apologize.  I have said what I believe is true considering many posts in this forum from that person.

I have nothing to apologize for.   

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay  - Ah, but that's not the issue here.  This thread is about Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution of the United States of America.  So again, what is the difference between a Republican espousing Democrat ideas and a Democrat espousing Democrat ideas?  Trump may do a lot things better than Hillary or Obama, but that doesn't automatically make him right here.  He isn't.

I forgot.  What is the issue?  Never mind.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Sanguine   Of course, they didn't.  Thomas Jefferson was my kind of agnostic.  The story goes, he cut out the pieces of the Bible he didn't agree with.  Who hasn't wanted to do that?

I spent most of my life in Church and in various Bible study groups. 

Religious and Bible argument is probably the most futile thing we could do.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine   Of course, they didn't.  Thomas Jefferson was my kind of agnostic.  The story goes, he cut out the pieces of the Bible he didn't agree with.  Who hasn't wanted to do that?

I spent most of my life in Church and in various Bible study groups. 

Religious and Bible argument is probably the most futile thing we could do.

Emjay, the way I understand it is that Jefferson cut up the Bible and put the pieces in an order that was more understandable to him.  He did have a problem with some of the contemporary dogma, but I think he was a believer.  One who asked questions.

It pains me when Christians use religion to cudgel other Christians.  I won't claim to know all the answers and I have to dismiss others who claim to.

Offline WingNot

Aw, man.  That's exactly what I thought of as soon as I saw edpc's crack, er, pic.

They say great minds think alike.  Now I'm very concerned.

We just can't start making a habit of it or people will start to talk!

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer