Author Topic: George H.W. Bush released from ICU  (Read 2433 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George H.W. Bush released from ICU
« on: April 25, 2018, 07:45:02 pm »
George H.W. Bush released from ICU
By Julia Manchester - 04/25/18 02:58 PM EDT

George H.W. Bush's spokesman said Wednesday that the former president was transferred to a regular patient room in the hospital after he spent multiple days in the intensive care unit for a blood infection.

"President George H.W. Bush has been moved from the intensive care unity at Houston Methodist Hospital to a regular patient room and is expected to continue his recovery there for several more days," spokesman Jim McGrath said in a statement.

"He is alert and talking with hospital staff, family, and friends, and his doctors are very pleased with his progress."

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/384862-george-hw-bush-transfered-to-recovery
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: George H.W. Bush released from ICU
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 08:07:51 pm »
Good news.  Praying for his full recovery.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 08:24:41 pm »
Answered prayers

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 08:44:57 pm »
You people are aware that this 93 year old guy has lived 15 years past life expectancy? It's not like this is a young guy with kids and a wife.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 10:31:53 pm »
Happy to be wrong in my dire prediction that he wouldn't recover.

He's a tough guy, clearly, and I pray that he is able to come home.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 10:33:09 pm »
You people are aware that this 93 year old guy has lived 15 years past life expectancy? It's not like this is a young guy with kids and a wife.

So we don't pray for old people then?

Is that the conclusion we should draw from your profound, insightful post here, Frank?

Or are you just doing your meaningless "poking" thing again?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:36:06 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 10:39:01 pm »
 :pop41:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 10:47:21 pm »
So we don't pray for old people then?

Is that the conclusion we should draw from your profound, insightful post here, Frank?

Or are you just doing your meaningless "poking" thing again?

We have had thread after thread posted for an extremely old lady dying last week with some of the sappiest shit being said I have read. Now we have this thread heading down the same path. People get old and sick and die. It's the cycle of life. We had a woman get sucked out halfway out of a plane and die last week in her early 40's with 2 young kids, a husband and a stable job and not a dam peep on this forum let alone long winded prayers and condolences. It's disgusting.

Feel free to keep posting these worship threads for some idle rich geriatrics and gushing over them like they are something special, but I have had just about enough if it. I plan on injecting reality on them from now on. Prepare to get your Cheerios pissed on from Frank Effing Cannon.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 10:50:43 pm »
We have had thread after thread posted for an extremely old lady dying last week with some of the sappiest shit being said I have read. Now we have this thread heading down the same path. People get old and sick and die. It's the cycle of life. We had a woman get sucked out halfway out of a plane and die last week in her early 40's with 2 young kids, a husband and a stable job and not a dam peep on this forum let alone long winded prayers and condolences. It's disgusting.

Feel free to keep posting these worship threads for some idle rich geriatrics and gushing over them like they are something special, but I have had just about enough if it. I plan on injecting reality on them from now on. Prepare to get your Cheerios pissed on from Frank Effing Cannon.

Oh, we're all prepared for the garbage you post on threads about people you passionately despise, Frank.

Nothing new here....... other than your mocking people for praying.

Or maybe that's not new either.   :shrug:

Why don't you be a big boy and just ignore these threads instead of making yourself look like a fool?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 10:52:19 pm »
:pop41:

Frank can't handle differences of opinion.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 10:52:50 pm »

I don't think he's the only one.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 10:59:25 pm »

I handle it just fine. You are the one who is spinning off the rails when I say I do not give a shit that a one term President from 30 years ago who is well past his sell by date is getting out of the hospital. You know who died today that did more for the country than these patrician millionaires in Kennebunkport? Roy Hawthorne, Sr. He was 92. You know who died yesterday that did more for this country than these rich Patricians in the Elite Ruling Class? Bob Dorough. He was 94.

Where is your gushing threads of compassion and worship for those guys? Oh yeah. They aren't rich patrician millionaires from Kennebunkport so eff 'em.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 11:03:42 pm »
WWII Navajo Code Talker Roy Hawthorne Sr. dies in Arizona at 92

Bob Dorough, whose catchy 'Schoolhouse Rock' tunes taught kids grammar and math, has died

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 11:22:02 pm »
I don't think he's the only one.

Pretty sure he's not, but he's more determined than most to turn other people's cereal dark amber because he can't......

Most people can let other people say "I'm praying" without having a hissy fit.   :shrug:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 11:23:20 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 11:25:04 pm »
At any rate, I'm very glad that GHW is recovering, as I'm sure millions of other decent people are.

And that IS what this thread is about.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 11:28:14 pm »

Most people can let other people say "I'm praying" without having a hissy fit.   :shrug:

We more than covered that when the old lady died on multiple threads. Are we going to have a prayer thread every time he is carted in and out of Houston Methodist twice a week? If so we might as well start a whole section for that just for you.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 11:31:07 pm »
You've made your point, Frank.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 11:34:44 pm »
You've made your point, Frank.

Am I being told I cannot make anymore arguments on the topic?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2018, 11:37:04 pm »
Pretty sure he's not, but he's more determined than most to turn other people's cereal dark amber because he can't......

I thought Frank was talking about the "Good news" part. 

Offline Mod1

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2018, 11:48:07 pm »
Am I being told I cannot make anymore arguments on the topic?
No, in that case the moderator post would have read, "Do not make anymore arguments on the topic." Just asking for a little civility, please, on all sides.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 03:45:48 am »
I hope he lives as long as he wants to.

The longer he lives, the less chance that they'll have to shut down traffic in the Post Oak-San Felipe area.

Seriously, though, the longer he lives, the longer we have to wait to hear jackwagon liberals spout off about how terrible he was, like that nut case at Fresno State. I'd like to put that off as long as possible.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 05:02:36 am »
G-d bless our president
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 11:43:50 am »
I hope he lives as long as he wants to.

The longer he lives, the less chance that they'll have to shut down traffic in the Post Oak-San Felipe area.

Seriously, though, the longer he lives, the longer we have to wait to hear jackwagon liberals spout off about how terrible he was, like that nut case at Fresno State. I'd like to put that off as long as possible.

Well, we are already getting that from "our side" right here in this forum. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 01:54:00 pm »
We more than covered that when the old lady died on multiple threads. Are we going to have a prayer thread every time he is carted in and out of Houston Methodist twice a week? If so we might as well start a whole section for that just for you.

It's very easy to avoid threads about people you despise, Frank.

And as far as I know, there are only two of you on this forum with irrational hatred for every person with the last name Bush, and there are many threads that you can participate in without mocking and spitting on every thread about any of them.

And, in case you didn't notice, it was the owner of the forum who posted this thread, so perhaps your solution is to start your own forum where praying and being polite are forbidden, and all the threads are about cars and naked women.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 01:59:38 pm »
Well, we are already getting that from "our side" right here in this forum.

Maybe Randa Jarrar is right here on this forum, eh?   :smokin: