Author Topic: Arizona special election: AP projects (R) Lesko the winner  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Arizona special election: AP projects (R) Lesko the winner
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2018, 03:46:28 pm »
Opps, I read it as Black Caucus.  My very bad.

Even better! We need more white middle aged broads on the Black Caucus.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Arizona special election: AP projects (R) Lesko the winner
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2018, 08:10:53 pm »
What was the GOP candidate running on? Repealing Obamacare? They seem to be light on credible issues.

I know nothing about this particular GOP candidate but as far as I'm concerned any GOP candidate can just run on stopping the Democrat agenda.  There was an interesting article on Fox, which I believe, about how the Dem Part is trending left, or I should say even more left.

The Bernie Sanders program was popular with their typical base.

Here is a quote from the article: "As Democrats look ahead to the midterms and the 2020 presidential race, lawmakers and candidates are pushing the agenda even further to the left -- with bigger promises of sweeping government welfare programs ranging from guaranteed jobs to universal income.

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., the standard-bearer for the party's left flank in 2016, once again is helping to lead the charge. He reportedly is set to announce a plan that will guarantee a $15-an-hour job -- and health-care benefits -- to every American “who wants or needs one.” The plan, first reported by The Washington Post, would fund hundreds of government projects such as “infrastructure, care giving, the environment, education and other goals.”
Sanders’ office said they have not yet done a cost estimate or devised how they would pay for the massive government commitment. A spokesman for Sanders did not respond to a request for more details from Fox News."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:12:12 pm by Emjay »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.