Author Topic: YouTube channels are using bestiality thumbnails as clickbait  (Read 480 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Is nothing sacred anymore?  Truth in links should be sacrosanct.

YouTube videos with thumbnails depicting women engaging in various sexual acts with horses and dogs populate top search results on the video platform, according to a report from BuzzFeed News. Some of these videos, which can be easily found through YouTube’s algorithmic recommendation engine after searching innocuous phrases like “girl and her horse,” have millions of views and been on the platform for months.

Of course, YouTube videos depicting such acts would be more easily caught by the company’s algorithmic filters, its user-reporting system, and its human content moderators. Harder to find and weed out are videos that use graphic and obscene images as thumbnails, alongside clickbait titles, to juice viewership and generate more ad revenue. It does not seem like any of the videos featuring the bestiality thumbnails do in fact feature bestiality.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/24/17277468/youtube-moderation-bestiality-thumbnail-problem-ai-fix

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

Re: YouTube channels are using bestiality thumbnails as clickbait
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 01:57:32 am »
Why in the world would that be click bait?  Nevermind, I probably don't really want to know.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: YouTube channels are using bestiality thumbnails as clickbait
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 02:15:29 am »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.