Author Topic: Mulvaney to bankers: Campaign donations will help limit consumer bureau's power  (Read 607 times)

Online corbe

Mulvaney to bankers: Campaign donations will help limit consumer bureau's power

By Luis Sanchez - 04/24/18 09:26 PM EDT

Mick Mulvaney, the interim director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), told bankers and lobbyists on Tuesday that they should give more campaign contributions if they want to weaken the powers of the bureau he runs, The New York Times reported.

Mulvaney told more than a thousand bankers and lobbyists at an American Bankers Association conference in Washington that when he was a congressman he only talked to lobbyists that had given him money, according to the Times.

For Mulvaney, trying to sway legislators through donations is one of the “fundamental underpinnings of our representative democracy,” the Times reported.

Payday lenders gave Mulvaney nearly $63,000, according to the Times.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/384742-mulvaney-to-bankers-campaign-donations-will-help-limit-consumer
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Git a rope.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

Whatever it takes to shut that agency down, I'm for.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Whatever it takes to shut that agency down, I'm for.

Not just the agency.

The entire government is bought and paid for by whatever interests greases their pockets best.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

Not just the agency.

The entire government is bought and paid for by whatever interests greases their pockets best.

That's fine with me. As long as the bastards I give money to get their way.

Offline Night Hides Not

Not just the agency.

Atlas Shrugged is now nonfiction.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.