Author Topic: Breaking- Yeti Says NRA Disassociation a Lie- Was Only Updating Product Line  (Read 1475 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Announcement on Facebook-

Offline ABX

Offline dfwgator

Damage Control.

Offline ABX

Damage Control.

Or someone at the NRA knee jerk reacted to false information or a misunderstanding, then the internet did what the internet does.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Or someone at the NRA knee jerk reacted to false information or a misunderstanding, then the internet did what the internet does.

I'm betting it was this.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

I'm betting it was this.

One way we could know for sure is if they release the product update announcement. Otherwise it is just two groups each asking to take their word for it.

Offline ABX

I'm betting it was this.

The one thing that makes me believe Yeti on this was the NRA's release on the matter was so flippant towards them, literally saying they were reacting without all the information- then making their own assumptions as to why..

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn’t sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America’s young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy outdoor recreational and educational programs.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
http://smokeroom.com/2018/04/23/yeti-nra-statement/

This is turning into an absolute disaster for YETI. As I noted above, just take a glance at the Facebook comments and the responses on Twitter. They’re brutal.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
http://smokeroom.com/2018/04/23/yeti-nra-statement/

This is turning into an absolute disaster for YETI. As I noted above, just take a glance at the Facebook comments and the responses on Twitter. They’re brutal.

They really screwed the pooch. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

A few days ago, Ace Hardware was reputed to be withdrawing ads from the NRA. I sent an email. They wrote back very soon, claiming it was not true.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

A few days ago, Ace Hardware was reputed to be withdrawing ads from the NRA. I sent an email. They wrote back very soon, claiming it was not true.

They would best get way the hell out in front of shit like this.  Optics are make or break these days.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Ace did indeed withdraw support from LauraTXNM Ingraham show, the did a 180 after outcry emerged
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:49:31 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
If YETI had come out and said it was a miscommunication or an error I might have bought it.  No, they came out and said the NRA lied.

IMO what happened is the marketing people were reviewing and the liberals in the dept questioned their relationship with the NRA.   They are based on Austin, TX after all.    So the marketing people decided to drop the NRA.   The NRA responded and the marketing department went into PR crisis mode.   But the people making the decisions were still the 2nd amendment hating Austin liberals in the marketing dept.  The YETI response does not read like one of contrition or eagerness to work with the NRA.

Every other high end competitor of YETI has put out a statement signed by their CEO.  YETIs statement is not signed.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline GrouchoTex

One way we could know for sure is if they release the product update announcement. Otherwise it is just two groups each asking to take their word for it.

Agreed.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WATCH–#BoycottYeti Movement Explodes: Americans Shoot, Slice, Crush, Destroy Coolers
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/23/boycottyeti-movement-explodes-americans-shoot-slice-crush-destroy-coolers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

WATCH–#BoycottYeti Movement Explodes: Americans Shoot, Slice, Crush, Destroy Coolers
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/23/boycottyeti-movement-explodes-americans-shoot-slice-crush-destroy-coolers/

I like the idea of replacing the logo with NRA

Offline WingNot

What the Rochester did they think their primary customer base would react.  Someone in the Yet I marketing dept is going to be looking for a new job.

Offline driftdiver

What the Rochester did they think their primary customer base would react.  Someone in the Yet I marketing dept is going to be looking for a new job.

@Wingnut
I doubt they even thought of their customer base.   I've had marketing people who wanted to write articles calling out Google and Microsoft.  Some of them have absolutely no common sense.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If YETI had come out and said it was a miscommunication or an error I might have bought it.  No, they came out and said the NRA lied.

IMO what happened is the marketing people were reviewing and the liberals in the dept questioned their relationship with the NRA.   They are based on Austin, TX after all.    So the marketing people decided to drop the NRA.   The NRA responded and the marketing department went into PR crisis mode.   But the people making the decisions were still the 2nd amendment hating Austin liberals in the marketing dept.  The YETI response does not read like one of contrition or eagerness to work with the NRA.

Every other high end competitor of YETI has put out a statement signed by their CEO.  YETIs statement is not signed.

That sounds like a very logical explanation of events.  And you're right...it IS Austin.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

That sounds like a very logical explanation of events.  And you're right...it IS Austin.

Eventualyy Austin's liberal taints pollutes everything it passes over.