Author Topic: Del Mar County, CA Board Considers Killing Gun Shows Held There for 28 Years  (Read 658 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
THE TRUTH ABOUT GUNS by Dan Zimmerman Apr 26, 2018

“It’s not about who gets the largest turnout, It’s about the law, and what our government officials are willing to do to protect us. And it’s about the epidemic of gun violence. If it were not for these mass killings, we’d be having a very different conversation.” That’s the, er, argument Rose Ann Sharp (above right) of NeverAgainCA made recently before the board that oversees the Del Mar County fairgrounds, site of heavily attended four-times-a-year Crossroads of the West gun shows that have been held at the fairgrounds for the last 28 years.

“It’s not about who gets the largest turnout, It’s about the law, and what our government officials are willing to do to protect us. And it’s about the epidemic of gun violence. If it were not for these mass killings, we’d be having a very different conversation.” That’s the, er, argument Rose Ann Sharp (above right) of NeverAgainCA made recently before the board that oversees the Del Mar County fairgrounds, site of heavily attended four-times-a-year Crossroads of the West gun shows that have been held at the fairgrounds for the last 28 years.

Sharp and her group would like nothing better than to put an end to the gun shows. Why? They won’t say it, but one middle-schooler did.

“We need to take action to stop the proliferation and glorification” of guns, said Zak McHale, a North County seventh-grader.

More: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/04/daniel-zimmerman/del-mar-county-ca-board-considers-killing-gun-shows-held-there-for-28-years/

Offline thackney

That’s right. Among the dozens of new restrictions that California has imposed over the years on its legally overburdened citizens who wish to exercise their Second Amendment rights are universal background checks and a 10-day waiting period on all firearms purchases. So no one will be walking out of a Del Mar County gun show with a firearm he or she bought that day.

I did not know that had become CA law.  Thanks for posting.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This is San Diego County. There is no Del Mar County.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
San Diego County Fair at the Del Mar Fairgrounds

https://sdfair.com/

The largest County Fair in the United States with over 1.6M visitors each year. June through July 4th at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.