Author Topic: Senators Offer Up Unprecedented War Powers to President  (Read 2867 times)

Online corbe

Re: Senators Offer Up Unprecedented War Powers to President
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2018, 03:29:55 am »
   Some of us read History and knew Trump was just Version 2.o 0f this:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2018, 03:34:46 am »
bookmark

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2018, 03:44:14 am »
   Some of us read History and knew Trump was just Version 2.o 0f this:

That sounds like George W Bush to me.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2018, 03:53:36 am »
Well here is the party for you then....

They was wondering who had stolen the Morton Salt Girl's umbrella.

Was the damn Prohibitionists!

Thieves.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2018, 03:54:59 am »
   That could be @Frank Cannon but that was back in the days when I still believed in that BINARY thing and Bush was better than Gore or Kerry.  I've since rethought it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 03:59:42 am »
   That could be @Frank Cannon but that was back in the days when I still believed in that BINARY thing and Bush was better than Gore or Kerry.  I've since rethought it.

Bush was easily the worst President I have lived through thus far. Obamacare doesn't hold a candle to the Patriot Act and I do not recall Carter sending the country into a debilitating economic collapse through incompetence. If Donny stays the course, he will easily be fair to middling in comparison to the other 45 jackasses.

Online corbe

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2018, 04:09:57 am »
Bush was easily the worst President I have lived through thus far. Obamacare doesn't hold a candle to the Patriot Act and I do not recall Carter sending the country into a debilitating economic collapse through incompetence. If Donny stays the course, he will easily be fair to middling in comparison to the other 45 jackasses.

The Patriot Act was extreme overreach by all 3 branches of government @Frank Cannon on that we agree but to blame GWB for debilitating economic collapse with him dealing with 9/11 and the bureaucracy the aforementioned Government created, 2 Wars, that shit cost money. Plus he was a Good Governor and his mama just died so get off his azz, OK?.

As far as your last sentence:  I sure hope so, I want MY Country to succeed.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2018, 04:21:49 am »
    The Patriot Act was extreme overreach by all 3 branches of government @Frank Cannon on that we agree but to blame GWB for debilitating economic collapse with him dealing with 9/11 and the bureaucracy the aforementioned Government created, 2 Wars, that shit cost money. Plus he was a Good Governor and his mama just died so get off his azz, OK?.

As far as your last sentence:  I sure hope so, I want MY Country to succeed.

I guess you were in some drug induced haze when Bush was telling everyone that he wanted a Home Ownership Society and pushed the hell out of banks to get losers into homes whether they could afford it or not.

! No longer available

American Dream Down Payment Fund. A real winner. Think about that next time you drive by a foreclosure.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2018, 04:39:48 am »
   Trump stole a lot of ideas from the Tea Party, even entertained the Birther Movement to get traction early.  He enticed his base with glitter and gold, all that shined, turned Common Sense into populism.
   This last Budget proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, nothing has changed. 
   We need Leaders, Lee, Cruz, Meadows to take that first step away from the GOP and the people will follow with $$$$, time and effort.   I agree we should have started when the Trumpers shut down the Convention and shoved Trump down our throat or at the very least, Romney.

I am honestly trying to figure out what Trump has accomplished?  He has talked a lot but results are in short supply yet Ted Cruz is full of praises for Trump.  I am not impressed.  Especially after he signed the spending bill.  Now this overreaching war power. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2018, 04:42:44 am »
I am honestly trying to figure out what Trump has accomplished?  He has talked a lot but results are in short supply yet Ted Cruz is full of praises for Trump.  I am not impressed.  Especially after he signed the spending bill.  Now this overreaching war power.

Can you point to any legislation or anything at all that Cruz has done that effected anything? I can't seem to find anything other than words for him.

Online corbe

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2018, 04:47:52 am »
Can you point to any legislation or anything at all that Cruz has done that effected anything? I can't seem to find anything other than words for him.

Don't waste your time @Frank Cannon There are none. Trump has Cruz's balls in a glass jar sitting on The Resolute Desk. 
   Cruz will out negotiate the Prez for his pair back after his Re Election using his Party.   Then Katy Bar The Door!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2018, 04:52:17 am »

Don't waste your time @Frank Cannon There are none. Trump has Cruz's balls in a glass jar sitting on The Resolute Desk. 
   Cruz will out negotiate the Prez for his pair back after his Re Election using his Party.   Then Katy Bar The Door!

Even before Trump was on the scene Cruz wasn't doing anything but talking. That's all he does.