Author Topic: Americans Are Migrating In Droves To Low-Tax States  (Read 922 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Americans Are Migrating In Droves To Low-Tax States
« on: April 23, 2018, 02:58:38 pm »
SOURCE: INVESTORS BUSINESS DAILY

URL: https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/state-taxes-american-migrating-to-low-tax-states/

There has been a vast, largely unheralded migration in the U.S. over the past decade. Not because of weather, or amenities. But because of taxes.

Recently, Wallet Hub published a list of states ranked by their tax burden, based on property taxes, income taxes and sales taxes as a share of personal income.

The five states that impose the biggest tax burden on their residents are, in order: New York, Hawaii, Maine, Vermont and Minnesota.

The five states with the lowest tax rates: Alaska, Delaware, Tennessee, Florida and New Hampshire.

Right away there are some obvious similarities between the groups.

None of the 10 highest-tax states has voted for a Republican president in recent elections, for example. On the other hand, only three of the 10 lowest-tax states voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 — Delaware, Virginia and New Hampshire.

But there's a far more important similarity among high-tax states, and one that should be sounding alarm bells there. They are steadily losing population.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: Americans Are Migrating In Droves To Low-Tax States
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 02:59:34 pm »

Click the WALLET HUB SITE to see a list of list of states ranked by their tax burden : https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494/

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 03:12:34 pm »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 01:23:50 pm »
CT was yellow when I lived there in 80s.  Now it is a basket case with companies and people fleeing
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 01:52:45 pm »
CT was yellow when I lived there in 80s.  Now it is a basket case with companies and people fleeing

There was a time when CT did not even have a state income tax until "Independent" governor Lowell Weicker, who ran promising not to raise taxes, reversed himself and signed a bill to give CT the income tax (6% if memory serves me right ).

The tax was supposed to close the then $2.4 Billion budget deficit. It NEVER HAPPENED and it has been downhill from there.