Author Topic: Remembering the "kind" Barbara Bush's love for Planned Parenthood [video]  (Read 1515 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:
Remembering the "kind" Barbara Bush's love for Planned Parenthood [video]

Have Barbara Bush supporters forgotten her efforts to try and exclude abortion from the Republican Party Platform? In August 1992, the Republican Party was debating whether or not to advocate for a Constitutional amendment that would mandate a “fundamental individual right to life” for “the unborn child” in its party platform. Barbara Bush told reporters that she disagreed with this, in a rare move speaking publicly about her personal political position. “I’m not being outspoken or pro or con abortion,” she told The New York Times. “I’m saying abortion should not be in there, either pro or con.” As a “personal thing,” she explained, the issue had no place in party platforms or conventions.

George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush openly supported Planned Parenthood– even when Texas elected him into Congress in 1967.

Have Christians forgotten that condoms were first introduced into public schools under the Bush presidency? There is a reason why– the Bushes supported the use of birth control, so much so that Bush Sr.’s nickname in congress was “Rubbers.” The couple were both influenced by his father, Prescott Bush, who was the treasurer of Planned Parenthood when it launched its first fundraising campaign in 1947. In Congress, H.W. Bush supported Title X—a federally-funded family planning program—and the United Nations Population Fund—designed to prevent overpopulation in the Third World. Their granddaughter, the matriarch’s namesake, Barbara Pierce Bush, is only following in their footsteps by continuing to openly support Planned Parenthood and running an organization designed to curtain population control in the poorest regions of the world.

Read more at: http://thehayride.com/2018/04/remembering-kind-barbara-bushs-love-planned-parenthood-video/

As President, it is my understanding that Bush 41, the elder Bush came out against abortion. "W" is looked at as being very pro-life as well; and vetoed some stem-cell research bills, I think the kind that used fetal tissue. All for research.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 03:33:57 pm by TomSea »