Exclusive Content > News

David Horowitz prefers name calling over debate on dangers of Article V Convention

<< < (2/6) > >>

endicom:

--- Quote from: XenaLee on April 20, 2018, 04:03:04 pm ---No sarc tag?

--- End quote ---

Better without it, I think. I doubt that anyone here imagines we've held back many abuses from the FedGov.

johnwk:

--- Quote from: INVAR on April 20, 2018, 03:57:20 pm ---The current government and the courts routinely ignore, dismiss, circumvent and abolish the current Constitution, of which a growing majority of people in the country say needs to be abolished or fundamentally changed anyway.

Adding new amendments is not going to restrain an already lawless and corrupt system from complying with new rules designed to limit them when they routinely ignore and circumvent the existing ones that limit them.

--- End quote ---

I agree with your thinking but would have stated . . . adding new amendments is not going to restrain an already lawless Fifth Column movement in our country which has infested our state governments in addition to infesting our federal government, and has created a shadow federal government which is working to our destruction and enslavement by using the power of taxation and a corruptible paper money system which our founders rejected.

JWK

80% of green energy money taxed away from the wages of hard working American Citizens WENT TO our Washington sewer rat donors!

endicom:

--- Quote from: johnwk on April 20, 2018, 01:16:03 pm ---Aside from all the unanswered questions which arise should the required number of states make application to Congress to call a convention, I have always thought the very federal and state statists who are ignoring our Constitution's provisions and causing our sufferings, would be in total charge of rewriting its provisions and the ratification process ushering in their doings.  Seems to me, calling a convention would allow the statists to rewrite and make constitutional the current provisions of our Constitution they now ignore. 

JWK

Chief Justice, Warren Burger, stated in 1988, “I have also repeatedly given my opinion that there is no effective way to limit or muzzle the actions of a Constitutional Convention. The Convention could make its own rules and set its own agenda. Congress might try to limit the Convention to one amendment or to one issue, but there is no way to assure that the Convention would obey. After a Convention is convened, it will be too late to stop the Convention if we don’t like the agenda. The meeting in 1787 ignored the limit placed by the Confederation Congress ‘for the sole and express purpose.’ “

--- End quote ---

I agree. I foresee, or fear, more a storming of the Bastille than a reasoned process of securing liberty.

johnwk:

--- Quote from: endicom on April 20, 2018, 04:56:25 pm ---
I agree. I foresee, or fear, more a storming of the Bastille than a reasoned process of securing liberty.

--- End quote ---
Amen!

There are many unanswered questions and dangers attached to Congress being asked to call a convention at this point in time.  And if such a call is made it would more than likely open a Pandora’s Box and set in motion violent political partisan unrest which our Fifth Column Media outlets and Yellow Journalists would stoke with a passion never before witnessed in our Country.

Let those who unwittingly embrace the idea of a convention at least explore the unanswered questions and dangers before there is no turning back.

JWK

Without a Fifth Column Media, Yellow Journalism, Hollywood, and a corrupted FBI, Loretta Lynch, Hillary Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama, would be making license tags in a federal penitentiary

endicom:

--- Quote from: johnwk on April 20, 2018, 05:58:40 pm ---And if such a call is made it would more than likely open a Pandora’s Box and set in motion violent political partisan unrest which our Fifth Column Media outlets and Yellow Journalists would stoke with a passion never before witnessed in our Country.

--- End quote ---

Yes. From riots in the streets to riots in the chambers on Capitol Hill to intense lobbying to lawsuits to any and every thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version