Author Topic: Pittsburgh police warn Mueller could be fired imminently, tell officers to bring riot gear to work  (Read 403 times)

Offline mountaineer

From some Marxist site called Think Progress. However, they do cite a legitimate news reporter, WTAE's Marcie Cipriani, whose tweets I will quote below this story.
Pittsburgh police warn Mueller could be fired imminently, tell officers to bring riot gear to work
More than 300,000 people have vowed to protest within hours of any dismissal by the Trump White House
Adam Peck ï‚™ Apr 18, 2018, 1:35 pm

On Wednesday morning, Pittsburgh Police Commander Victor Joseph sent an email to the city’s detectives instructing them to begin preparing for a possible protest in the event the Trump Administration moves to fire Special Counsel Robert Mueller or Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

In the email, which was obtained by local television reporter Marcie Cipriani, Joseph instructs the officers under his command to bring their riot gear to work for the foreseeable future.  ...

“There is a belief that President Trump will soon move to fire Special Prosecutor Mueller. This would result in a large protest within 24 hours of the firing,” Joseph writes in his email. “Based on this information, beginning tomorrow, April 19 2018 all Major Crimes detectives are required to bring a full uniform and any issued protective equipment (riot gear) with them to work until further notice.”  ...
Here's what Cipriani is tweeting:
Marcie Cipriani
‏Verified account @MCipriani_WTAE
2h2 hours ago
JUST IN: Just spoke to Mayor Bill Peduto, who confirms Pgh Police are preparing for possible protests. Peduto says the commander’s email asking for detectives to bring uniforms & riot gear starting tomorrow, is just precautionary #WTAE

Marcie CiprianiVerified account @MCipriani_WTAE
3h3 hours ago
SOURCE: This is the email sent to Pgh detectives this morning. I am working to get a response from the city as well as additional details on the potential protests. #WTAE

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
This is laughable.  Who runs that shithole anyway?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mountaineer

Apparently, the plans for this are being spread around all the usual leftist social media sites. Kind of like a flash mob. "If Mueller gets fired, rush to (insert location here) with your masks on, and don't forget your pre-printed signs" - or some such nonsense.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Apparently, the plans for this are being spread around all the usual leftist social media sites. Kind of like a flash mob. "If Mueller gets fired, rush to (insert location here) with your masks on, and don't forget your pre-printed signs" - or some such nonsense.

Soro's funded, totally spontaneous, pre printed signs for busy progressives on the go.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The left is deeply invested in Mueller being fired.

Offline mountaineer

The "resist" crowd is all a-twitter:
ALT- Immigration🛂 @ALT_uscis
1h1 hour ago

#BREAKING .@MCipriani_WTAE just tweeted a copy of an email sent to all FROM the commander of the Pittsburg bureau of police explicitly saying they have intel MUELLER WILL BE FIRED SOON.

ALT- Immigration🛂 @ALT_uscis
49m49 minutes ago
ALT- Immigration
🛂 Retweeted Marcie Cipriani
Follow up:
ALT- Immigration
🛂 added,Marcie CiprianiVerified account @MCipriani_WTAE
He said it’s based on intelligence, but he did not elaborate.

ALT- Immigration🛂 @ALT_uscis36m36 minutes ago
If this Pittsburg police chief is right, I wonder if the 2nd amendment folks are going to be out defending us against tyranny...
11 replies 19 retweets 73 likes

ALT- Immigration 🛂 @ALT_uscis
I don't know.
It is information from a credible reporter.
I find the whole thing bizarre.
Poor reading comprehension at work here. The police memo said they had intelligence of a potential protest, not of the firing itself.