Author Topic: Corker: Any Republican Senator Who Hasn’t Been ‘Conflicted’ by Trump Is Either Comatose or Blind  (Read 701 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/corker-any-republican-senator-who-hasnt-been-conflicted-by-trump-is-either-comatose-or-blind/

Senator Bob Corker (R- TN) spoke with reporters this morning about a range of topics from the election to replace him to the relationship Republicans on Capitol Hill have with President Trump.

During the Christian Science Monitor breakfast, Corker was asked about voting for President Trump in the future.

“Responding to conjecture is bad for your health,” Corker said. “Look, any Republican senator that hasn’t been conflicted over this presidency is either comatose or is pretty useless in their blindness, okay? And we’ve got some of both, of course. Not many.”

more at link

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Corker should stick to eulogising former 1st ladies and leave politics to the professionals.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Look, any Republican senator that hasn’t been conflicted over this presidency my actions in the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty deal with Iran is either comatose or is pretty useless in their blindness, okay? And we’ve got some of both, of course

Here let me fix that for you Senator.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Corker should stick to eulogising former 1st ladies and leave politics to the professionals.
He is fleeing the Senate.

Offline WingNot

Thanks for reminding me!

:beer:

My pleasure.  I'm on a mission from God.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
"Look, any Republican voter that hasn’t been conflicted over my tenure as Senator is either comatose or is pretty useless in their blindness, okay? "
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

I too have seen the light!   Me and the lord, we have an understanding.

Offline corbe

I see what you did there @INVAR

Look, any Republican voter that hasn’t been conflicted over my tenure as President is either comatose or is pretty useless in their blindness, okay?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

"Look, any Republican voter that hasn’t been conflicted over my tenure as Senator is either comatose or is pretty useless in their blindness, okay? "
Is there one senator that you are not conflicted by Invar?  Are you not conflicted by President Trump?

Offline libertybele

:beer:  One of the best lines of the movie and the "Blues Brothers" has to be one of my all time favorites.  Lots and lots of great talents; Cab Caloway, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Ray Charles, etc.  All remarkably talented.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
:beer:  One of the best lines of the movie and the "Blues Brothers" has to be one of my all time favorites.  Lots and lots of great talents; Cab Caloway, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Ray Charles, etc.  All remarkably talented.

Loved that movie also.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Is there one senator that you are not conflicted by Invar?  Are you not conflicted by President Trump?
I am conflicted by both Corker and Trump being called Conservative Republicans.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775