Author Topic: Professor shouts ‘f*** your life!’ at conservative student during class; college is investigating  (Read 2725 times)

Online mountaineer

Dare to complain, and suddenly you need a 'mental health evaluation'.

How positively SOVIET of them!
Exactly, and that's part of what's wrong with the "take guns from the mentally ill" argument: who the heck decides what mental illness is and who has it, and where can we find those definitions?
Does mental illness mean believing in a Supreme Deity, small government, individual property rights?  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I really hope she's a lesbian.

What she needed was a father who would have rapped her lower jaw off her face with that filthy mouth.

Speaking of patriarchy.  My guess is she was raised by a mother a lot like herself sans a father in her house.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Does mental illness mean believing in a Supreme Deity, small government, individual property rights?

According to the FBI 2009 Terror Assessment report - YES, yes it is.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

What she needed was a father who would have rapped her lower jaw off her face with that filthy mouth.

Speaking of patriarchy.  My guess is she was raised by a mother a lot like herself sans a father in her house.

Yeah, but it's too late for all that now.  The best we can hope for is that she won't make any little hers.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Yeah, but it's too late for all that now.  The best we can hope for is that she won't make any little hers.

After a long period of observation and preparatory treatment, rendering feasible, under favorable circumstances, the exact diagnosis, which is indispensable to rational operative treatment, and then under going said treatment.... It will be found she is barren.  So she will adopt.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Oh my.  What a miserable, bitter, angry, mean, entitled ....um, person. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Oh I am certain too.

See, in this brave new world of our very near future, if you own a gun, smoke or are the wrong skin color - you don't get to go to school, have a bank account, get a loan, or make a living.

This is how you get a population of slaves beholden to the State.

And we are well on our way to that reality in our lifetimes if not sooner.

Remember the part about "no personal insults"?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:16:46 pm by Mod1 »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline WingNot

Oh my.  What a miserable, bitter, angry, mean, entitled ....um, person.

Her performance catapulted her (almost over night) to meme queen like status.  So she has that to fall back on....

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
When it comes to pushing homosexuality - Jazzhead is all over having government tell a business how it must run.

Double Standards and hypocrisy is the hallmark of Liberals and Leftist tyrants like Jazzhead.

It's not me who's obsessed with homosexuals -it's "Christians" like you.   Are you comfortable in your own sexuality?   Then why not let others live their own lives?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline andy58-in-nh

Oh... you are way too hard on them. Look at what you could look forward to if you major in that fertile field.

There ain't nothing fertile about that, chief. She looks like she could work as a bouncer in a biker bar. She certainly has the language down pat.     
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Mod1

It's not me who's obsessed with homosexuals -it's "Christians" like you.   Are you comfortable in your own sexuality?   Then why not let others live their own lives?

Don't even start with another discussion of homosexuality. Consider this a warning to all. Stay on topic.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You, of all people, are lecturing us about a private employer being able to set his own terms of business?

No hypocrisy here.  Of course he can.  The cake store owner (I assume that's who you're referring to)  can freely decide whether or not to sell wedding cakes.  If he doesn't want to offer wedding cakes, that's no skin off of my nose.

INVAR's nephew's employer set certain rules for its employees.  It required its employees to represent they were non-smokers, most likely so it could obtain lower insurance rates.   INVAR's nephew apparently lied, and was fired for it - his employer likely didn't want to be exposed to a charge of insurance fraud. 

Now INVAR wants his nephew to be treated specially by his employer, and his lie excused.  Maybe he should - forgiveness is a virtue - but that's entirely the employer's call.   

By contrast, all the cake shop's customer wanted was to be treated the same as every other customer - to be sold the same wedding cake the shop owner FREELY CHOSE to advertise to provide to the general public.     
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:55:06 pm by Jazzhead »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I really hope she's a lesbian.

My head hurt after just a couple seconds of listening to that.

@Wingnut thanks for that.  I always wonder what "Triggered Meme girl" sounded like.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

My head hurt after just a couple seconds of listening to that.

@Wingnut thanks for that.  I always wonder what "Triggered Meme girl" sounded like.

It warms the cockles of my heart to be able to impart useless, but interesting tidbits of knowledge to my friends here at TBR town.  Peace out, Brother Cy

Offline RoosGirl

No hypocrisy here.  Of course he can.  The cake store owner (I assume that's who you're referring to)  can freely decide whether or not to sell wedding cakes.  If he doesn't want to offer wedding cakes, that's no skin off of my nose.

INVAR's nephew's employer set certain rules for its employees.  It required its employees to represent they were non-smokers, most likely so it could obtain lower insurance rates.   INVAR's nephew apparently lied, and was fired for it - his employer likely didn't want to be exposed to a charge of insurance fraud. 

Now INVAR wants his nephew to be treated specially by his employer, and his lie excused.  May he should - but that's entirely the employer's call.   

All the cake shop's customer wanted was to be treated the same as every other customer - to be sold the same wedding cake the shop owner advertised to provide to the general public.     

In the interest of getting things back on topic "bleep your life!"

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And he was caught violating their policy (he likely represented to his employer that he was a non-smoker, who in turn represented that fact to its insurance company in order to obtain more favorable rates).  I have little sympathy.  A private employer can set the terms of employment, and can (or should be able to)  fire those who violate such terms.  I think it's a bit foolish for employers to refuse to hire smokers,  but liberty includes the right to make foolish decisions.   

By the way,  smokers should claim they're addicted and subject to a disability.  That way the government may protect them!

So much hypocrisy packed into that little post.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:49:10 pm by Mod1 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
INVAR's nephew apparently lied, and was fired for it - his employer likely didn't want to be exposed to a charge of insurance fraud.

I would pay top dollar to see you call my nephew a liar to his face.

I really would.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:49:47 pm by Mod1 »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I would pay top dollar to see you call my nephew a liar to his face.

I really would.

Did he represent to his employer that he was a non-smoker?   If so, how did not lie?   Did he claim he was a non-smoker in order to pay less for his insurance?   Then he lied in order to rip off his employer, did he not? 

Why should I have sympathy because his employer fired him?   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
So much hypocrisy packed into that little post.

Care to explain the hypocrisy?   Why shouldn't a private employer be able to fire an employee who misrepresented his status in a way that affects the employer's bottom line?   
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:56:31 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Care to explain the hypocrisy?   Why cannot a private employer be able to fire an employee who misrepresented his status in a way that affects the employer's bottom line?

Sure right here.

A private employer can set the terms of employment, and can (or should be able to)  fire those who violate such terms.  I think it's a bit foolish for employers to refuse to hire smokers,  but liberty includes the right to make foolish decisions. 

If you can't figure out where your double standard is in those words juxtaposed against your stances on small business and individual liberties in the past and legal rulings that go against individual liberties and small business owners then I don't know what to say that will clear your obviously couldy vision on past statements you've made.

Offline WingNot

Offline RoosGirl

Did he represent to his employer that he was a non-smoker?   If so, how did not lie?   Did he claim he was a non-smoker in order to pay less for his insurance?   Then he lied in order to rip off his employer, did he not? 

Why should I have sympathy because his employer fired him?   

If you bothered to freakin read you maybe could stop asking stupid questions.  Invar already explained that the employer changed the policy well into the nephew's employ.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
If you bothered to freakin read you maybe could stop asking stupid questions.  Invar already explained that the employer changed the policy well into the nephew's employ.

That is not important to Jazzy.

The only thing important too him is that anything normal people are opposed to can and should be forced upon someone by force of government or company policy.

If say, tomorrow a company's policy changes to declare that anyone who owns a gun is not allowed to work at the company - Jazzy would be all for that.

But if a company says they don't bake cakes for homosexual celebrations, Jazzy is all for the imposition of government policy by force.