Author Topic: Live:Southwest Airlines plane makes emergency landing at Philadelphia International Airport  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
6ABC 4/17/2018

Live: PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) --Action News has confirmed one person has been taken to the hospital after a Southwest Airlines jet made an emergency landing at Philadelphia International Airport.

The injured person was taken to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. There was no immediate word on that person's condition.

The emergency landing happened around 11 a.m. Tuesday.

Action News is told Southwest Flight 1380 left LaGuardia Airport in New York City and was en route for Dallas when something went wrong with the plane and it was diverted to Philadelphia International.

An image taken from the cabin by passenger Kristopher Johnson showed one engine of the plane which appeared to be damaged.

Video from Chopper 6 showed the same engine with apparent damage.

Live: http://6abc.com/live-southwest-plane-makes-emergency-landing-at-phl/3356147/

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:36:00 pm by Elderberry »

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Uncontained engine failure.

Father of passenger tells NBC10 engine on Southwest plane blew and a passenger was hit by shrapnel that came into the plane.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The same thing happened in 2016.  Almost identical.

Here is the ATC recording of the event as to how the Pilots handle emergencies:

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Southwest Airlines: "You're Now Free To Move About The Country......In Terror"

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Fox News now reporting one person that was injured on the flight is dead.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline thackney

Woman Partially Sucked Out of Jet When Window Breaks Mid-Flight; Plane Lands Safely in Philadelphia
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Airplane-Makes-Emergency-Landing-at-Philadelphia-International-Airport-480008613.html
The jet's left engine blew shortly after takeoff, passengers said. Pieces of shrapnel flew into the plane's fuselage and at least one window, the passengers and FAA said.

A Southwest Airlines flight landed safely in Philadelphia Tuesday after the jet violently depressurized when a piece of an engine flew into and broke a window, according to passenger accounts and the pilot's conversations with air traffic control.

Robert Sumwalt with the National Transportation Safety Board said one passenger died as a result of the incident.

A woman was partially sucked out of the plane when the window imploded, a passenger's father-in-law said relaying information from his daughter.

Todd Baur told NBC10 the woman was partially "drawn out" of the plane before being "pulled back in by other passengers."...

...The plane was flying around 32,500 feet when the incident happened, according to an altitude-tracking tool on Flight Aware. The plane descended by more than 3,000 feet per minute until the pilots leveled out around 10,000 feet.....

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:46:28 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
The poor passenger has passed away.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Applewood

Looking at the pics of the damage -- reminded me of the Twilight Zone episode where a passenger (played by William Shatner) sees a gremlin gnawing on the airplane wing.  Scary. 

Prayers for the passenger who died, 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Absolutely awful.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I was visiting Philadelphia yesterday with my mom. We heard some police activities- anyway on the bus heading home we all found out why.

Scared us all.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

John Roberts  Verified account @johnrobertsFox
10m10 minutes ago

Hero pilot of @SouthwestAir flight Tammie Jo Shults was a @USNavy aviator flying F-18s. She is described as having “nerves of steel”
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

'Angels' and training help former fighter pilot save Southwest flight
[Reuters]
By Andrew Hay
,Reuters•April 18, 2018

The pilot who safely landed a stricken Southwest Airlines flight on Tuesday got her first flying experience in the U.S. Navy, touching down F-18 fighter jets at 150 miles per hour on aircraft carriers.

Tammie Jo Shults, 56, may have drawn on her Navy skills when one of the two engines on her Boeing 737-700 blew and broke apart at 32,000 feet on Tuesday, forcing her to implement a rapid descent towards Philadelphia International Airport.  ...

One of the first female fighter pilots in the U.S. Navy, Shults calmly told air traffic control that part of her plane was missing, and she would need ambulances on the runway.  ...   Reuters via Yahoo
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Flight 1380 atc conversation. Tape cleans up at @ 3 Minutes when they switch to Philly area ATC

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:31:10 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."