Author Topic: Trump calls for changes in immigration law following Supreme Court decision  (Read 525 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump calls for changes in immigration law following Supreme Court decision
By Brett Samuels - 04/17/18 05:50 PM EDT

President Trump on Tuesday called on Congress to pass stricter immigration laws in the wake of a Supreme Court decision that ruled in favor of an immigrant threatened with deportation.

“Today’s Court decisions means that Congress must close loopholes that block the removal of dangerous criminal aliens, including aggravated felons,” Trump tweeted.

“This is a public safety crisis that can only be fixed by Congress - House and Senate must quickly pass a legislative fix to ensure violent criminal aliens can be removed from our society,” he added.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/383627-trump-calls-for-changes-in-immigration-law-following-supreme-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
I'm sure they'll get right on that ;).  But they really should.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump is right on this.  A lot of people think Gorsuch found serious flaws in the law as it was presented.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump is right on this.  A lot of people think Gorsuch found serious flaws in the law as it was presented.
This was 2 months ago
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/374073-senate-rejects-centrist-immigration-bill
The Senate on Thursday rejected immigration legislation crafted by centrists in both parties after President Trump threatened to veto the bill if it made it to his desk.  two other bills got shot down that week.

Do you think the GOP will waste what little time they have left before the next elections on a divisive immigration bill that won't be passed or signed into law?  I don't.  I don't expect Ryan to start one in the House either.

How ineffectual.