Author Topic: Trump Walked Into James Comey’s Trap And Made His Book A Bestseller  (Read 700 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Kind of like how David Hogg boosted NRA memberships and Laura Ingram viewers. He would have been better off leaving his twitter tantrums out of it and it would be far more ignored.

The rollout of the James Comey book was designed to get under Trump’s skin and help Comey’s book become a bestseller. Trump walked right into the trap, and it worked like a charm.
The Washington Post reported that Trump is acting as his own communications director, which is how he walked into the Comey set up:....

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/04/17/trump-comey-trap.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Naw, Hogg wasn't a household name before his 15 minutes.  Comey's book was going to be a big seller no matter what Trump did or didn't say.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Naw, Hogg wasn't a household name before his 15 minutes.  Comey's book was going to be a big seller no matter what Trump did or didn't say.

They originally set the initial printing at 150K copies. After Trump started tweeting against it, the preorders shot up so fast, they upped the first run to 850K.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
All the subsequent attention hasn't helped Comey at all. He's pretty much been raked over the coals by both sides, and started a war between him, McCabe, and Lynch.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

This is the stupidest shit I've read today. Comey Island has been brought on every leftist program like a circus act pimping this book. Trump had absolutely nothing to do with this.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is an idiotic story.  This was bound to be a big seller, because every book that bashes Trump will be.  The Resistance idiots want to make a statement, and the marches with the pink hats failed.  The Publisher knows this so it played games with the print runs, and we can count on connoisseurs of Politicus (leftists) to jump right on it.

Right on time....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
All the subsequent attention hasn't helped Comey at all. He's pretty much been raked over the coals by both sides, and started a war between him, McCabe, and Lynch.

Terry Gross on "Fresh Air" was tough on him ;).
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
This is the stupidest shit I've read today. Comey Island has been brought on every leftist program like a circus act pimping this book. Trump had absolutely nothing to do with this.

This

This is an idiotic story.  This was bound to be a big seller, because every book that bashes Trump will be.  The Resistance idiots want to make a statement, and the marches with the pink hats failed.  The Publisher knows this so it played games with the print runs, and we can count on connoisseurs of Politicus (leftists) to jump right on it.

Right on time....

And this.

If it is a tell-all on Trump you don't have to be a rhodes scholar to see who will be ist in line to pre-order the monthly hog swill de jour.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Terry Gross on "Fresh Air" was tough on him ;).

Terry Gross?  Not sure who that is.