Author Topic: Senators introduce bill to update Trump's war authority  (Read 519 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senators introduce bill to update Trump's war authority
« on: April 16, 2018, 11:07:19 pm »
Senators introduce bill to update Trump's war authority
By Jordain Carney - 04/16/18 06:40 PM EDT

Senators are renewing a long-stalled debate over President Trump's legal authority to target terrorist groups overseas.

A bipartisan group of senators introduced the legislation to update the authorization for the use of military force (AUMF) on Monday.

If passed it would replace the 2001 and 2002 bills that authorized the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and have been used as the legal basis for military action against terrorist groups.

"There have been a number of efforts over the years to update these authorities, and while there is still work ahead, I am pleased that we have reached an agreement on a product for the committee to consider," Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, said in a statement.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/383439-senators-introduce-bill-to-update-trumps-war-authority
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Senators introduce bill to update Trump's war authority
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 12:26:39 am »
You have the home front covered...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 12:39:34 am »
In reading the headline, my first impressions was that after Trump's strike on Syria they want to tie his hands.

"...legal basis for military action against terrorist groups..."  So ... they not only want to tie his hands, but they also want to ensure that the invasion over our porous borders continues as well as ensuring that we keep the border open with open arms ....

Then I read who also is supporting the bill ... Kaine, Flake, Coons, Young and Nelson, and I have no doubt that the leftist mental midgets want to tie his hands.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 12:16:29 pm »
"...legal basis for military action against terrorist groups..."  So ... they not only want to tie his hands, but they also want to ensure that the invasion over our porous borders continues as well as ensuring that we keep the border open with open arms ....

When I read "...legal basis for military action against terrorist groups..." I don't hear "Mexicans are coming."