Poll

What is the preferred way to join the conversation on an active thread that is already several dozen posts long?

Start at the top and respond to each post in order as you go
6 (28.6%)
Read the whole thread and then formulate your response
7 (33.3%)
Assume you're too late to add to the conversation and just continue to lurk
4 (19%)
Look for corbe's most recent poll and play around in there instead
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: How to jump in on an active thread  (Read 11460 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: How to jump in on an active thread
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 01:48:03 am »
I like posting after reading just the headline, then extrapolating what's in the actual story and all the responses.  It's much faster that way.

Another time-honored tradition.
 :beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 01:51:53 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 02:00:56 am »
Just remember if you're going to thread jack, bring a very large gun, be bold, and have mastery over the segway.

This post reminds me of a very special 1979 season 4 episode of One Day At A Time when Schneider accidentally breaks Barbara's nose, she learns a lesson about life, beauty and herself.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2018, 02:14:01 am »
This post reminds me of a very special 1979 season 4 episode of One Day At A Time when Schneider accidentally breaks Barbara's nose, she learns a lesson about life, beauty and herself.

The youngest chick married a Van Halen dude. Now she is shilling diet pills or some such crap. The other daughter is a train wreck. She got messed up on heavy drugs. As far as I know, she is currently homeless. The maintenance man and the mother have both passed on.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 02:18:44 am »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 02:29:39 am »
The youngest chick married a Van Halen dude. Now she is shilling diet pills or some such crap. The other daughter is a train wreck. She got messed up on heavy drugs. As far as I know, she is currently homeless. The maintenance man and the mother have both passed on.

Valerie Bertinelli does shill shit but she is still hot. I modeled my life after Schneider the Super because I thought it would be cool to have a huge key ring. It is one of the pluses to slumlording.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 02:34:14 am »
Valerie Bertinelli does shill shit but she is still hot. I modeled my life after Schneider the Super because I thought it would be cool to have a huge key ring. It is one of the pluses to slumlording.

Yea, she is hot. I always wondered what she did to piss Eddie off. It seems that she has had weight problems which come and go. That is why she is on the diet scene now. That is how she got connected into that industry. Maybe Eddie thought she was too fat for him. I don't know?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2018, 02:41:36 am »
Yea, she is hot. I always wondered what she did to piss Eddie off. It seems that she has had weight problems which come and go. That is why she is on the diet scene now. That is how she got connected into that industry. Maybe Eddie thought she was too fat for him. I don't know?

She got fat because she is Italian. Those broads will eat themselves to death if you don't stay on top of them.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2018, 02:55:30 am »
She got fat because she is Italian. Those broads will eat themselves to death if you don't stay on top of them.

No problem here. No problem with that at all. I have met a hundred Italian women who would have to fight to stop me from staying on top of them, if we were a thing. They are hairy, but they are damned sexy.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2018, 03:23:24 am »
@Polly Ticks
Interesting that you would say that. The word 'hijack' is of unknown origin. Some think that it was a slang term for highwaymen, meaning robbers. I guess 'jack' means to mess up or to rob. So hijack means to get 'jacked' on the highway, or in modern terms on an airliner.

Actually, it comes from a take off of hijab.  Muslim "men" would dress up as women and pretend to be in distress to get caravans to pause so they could rob them.  Originally, "hijack" was a noun referring to a dude wearing a hijab, then came the verb "hijacking", then the noun became "hijacker" and the verb often shortened to "hijack".

HTH
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2018, 03:36:14 am »
Actually, it comes from a take off of hijab.  Muslim "men" would dress up as women and pretend to be in distress to get caravans to pause so they could rob them.  Originally, "hijack" was a noun referring to a dude wearing a hijab, then came the verb "hijacking", then the noun became "hijacker" and the verb often shortened to "hijack".

HTH

That's the biggest load of shit I ever read. The term "Hijack" comes from the late 17th century British dandy Jack Farnsworth who would rob carriages running between London and the Midlands. The guy was so affable and well known that after stopping the carriages, the victims would holler "Hi Jack" to him as they handed over their gold snuff boxes, coins and lupins. The name stuck for all highway robberies from that point forward except for one........modern day cable bills. 

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2018, 06:43:36 am »
That's the biggest load of shit I ever read. The term "Hijack" comes from the late 17th century British dandy Jack Farnsworth who would rob carriages running between London and the Midlands. The guy was so affable and well known that after stopping the carriages, the victims would holler "Hi Jack" to him as they handed over their gold snuff boxes, coins and lupins. The name stuck for all highway robberies from that point forward except for one........modern day cable bills.

Oh, come on.   Stop making stuff up.

Jack Farnsworth was about as queer as a three dollar bill.  Therefore, his victims assumed he was French.  They would holler out "Hi, Jacques".  Over the years this was mistranslated as "High Jock", which eventually became the impetus for what we now refer to as the Atomic Wedgie. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2018, 12:14:17 pm »
Oh, come on.   Stop making stuff up.

Jack Farnsworth was about as queer as a three dollar bill.  Therefore, his victims assumed he was French.  They would holler out "Hi, Jacques".  Over the years this was mistranslated as "High Jock", which eventually became the impetus for what we now refer to as the Atomic Wedgie.

I thought he also popularized the "Purple Nerple"
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2018, 12:48:03 pm »

No problem here. No problem with that at all. I have met a hundred Italian women who would have to fight to stop me from staying on top of them, if we were a thing. They are hairy, but they are damned sexy.

My roommate during my first semester at college was Italian -- her parents were first generation immigrants.  She was an amazing cook, but she liked to store her garlic in our shared closet.  I pretty much smelled like I was wearing "Eau de Garlic" perfume for that entire semester.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2018, 02:34:01 pm »
My roommate during my first semester at college was Italian -- her parents were first generation immigrants.  She was an amazing cook, but she liked to store her garlic in our shared closet.  I pretty much smelled like I was wearing "Eau de Garlic" perfume for that entire semester.

In America especially in Chicago, dealing with the Italians or the Irish, it is kind of a tippy-toe situation. So many of them are 'involved'. You never know what you are getting into.

I was dating an Irish girl in Chicago, who introduced me to her family, they were all Union Representatives. She took me to a bar full of armed Italian guys and they all knew her by name. I knew they were armed because I could see their freakin guns. They were not making a secret of it. It was at that point that it slowly dawned on me that this may not actually be completely normal.

I was sitting at the bar talking to some random guy. He was talking about a grocery store that he wanted. I could see the Glock poking out of his jacket. My girl, she was obsessed with pork chops. Apparently the owner of the place prides himself by his world famous pork chops, the best ever. She ordered it for me.

These pork chops were like an inch and a half thick, cooked to perfection...I guess. I don't know. I paid the bill and gave the chops to my girl. It was cold. It was getting colder. I told her I was going to the bathroom.

Once I got to my car, the heat was full blast. I got the hell out of there and never saw her again. Yea, I know. She did. She wanted to marry me and have children. It was written all over her. But, a chick like that, there is no 'divorce'. If it didn't work out for any reason, you would never find the body. I wasn't ready for that. You could say that I wimped out. And maybe I did. But I lived long enough to say so.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:34:47 pm by 240B »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2018, 03:25:58 pm »
until death do you part

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2018, 04:19:36 pm »

Yeah, but I'll bet you didn't have a vampire problem that semester.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2018, 04:30:08 pm »

True, but I went to a Christian university -- there were crosses everywhere.  I'm pretty sure I would've been fine without reeking of garlic.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2018, 04:36:05 pm »

Vampires are probably one of the scariest kinds of monsters out there. Vampires are dead and damned creatures of the night. They live off of the blood of the living by biting people and animals with their long fangs. This is bad for you if you are alive, because this bite then turns you into a living dead vampire too. It seems to be some sort of parasite, similar in nature to the ebola virus, but with a pinch of the gay AIDs thrown in to really make it annoying.... Or it could be some kind of faggy, cancer magic.
Vampires are as smart as normal humans. Well, I guess that doesn't say much, but some of the older ones are very intelligent and wise, unless they were hippie, retard liberals before they were made undead.   Vampires also can "sense" things that normals can't. They can sense fear, they can sense the presence of somebody hiding in the closet who wants to stick a wooden stake in their heart, and they can sense virgins. I mean, wow! Frank and I can't even do that and we live in  college towns.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2018, 04:42:21 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2018, 04:51:13 pm »
True, but I went to a Christian university -- there were crosses everywhere.  I'm pretty sure I would've been fine without reeking of garlic.

Good thing you didn't go to a Catholic college then. You would be stinking of booze.

Offline corbe

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2018, 10:46:12 pm »
   Brilliant Poll @Polly Ticks.

I'm ashamed to admit that even as the Category Moderator, I just discovered this.
   My only excuse is I'm preoccupied with the NBA Playoffs and I certainly do appreciate the slack you Briefers cut me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2018, 10:50:44 pm »
To corbe or not to corbe?

That is the question.

Offline corbe

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2018, 11:37:02 pm »
   I even changed my Avatar.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2018, 11:39:29 pm »
   I even changed my Avatar.

Nice Pic of Richie Havens.   Is that after he had his teeth fixed?