Author Topic: Dreading the Blue Wave  (Read 619 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dreading the Blue Wave
« on: April 15, 2018, 03:42:31 pm »
April 15, 2018
Dreading the Blue Wave
By Fritz Pettyjohn

Five years ago, I felt a red wave rising, and I got back into politics.  I'd been sitting on the sideline for twelve years, but this wave was going to be so big that previously impossible political goals were going to be within reach.  That red wave culminated with the improbable nomination and election of Donald Trump.

But the signs of a new political wave are as clear as they were five years ago, it's just blue, not red.  It's the yin and yang, to and fro, of American politics.  The Republicans are due for a walloping.  They're going to lose the House.

And it's starting to look like they'll lose the Senate.

First term Presidents almost always lose seats in Congress in the midterms  after they're elected.  In some years, they lose a lot, as Clinton did in 1994.  Things  look just as bad for Trump this year.  Or worse.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/04/dreading_the_blue_wave_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Dreading the Blue Wave
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:07:23 pm »
I'm not sure I buy this.  If possible, the blue side looks even more disgusting than the red side.  Hard to say who will stay home this round.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:16:57 pm »
I'm not sure I buy this.  If possible, the blue side looks even more disgusting than the red side.  Hard to say who will stay home this round.

It would appear there is widespread belief the predictive power of polls has dramatically improved since 2016.  I've seen no evidence of this "improvement."

About those polls, I don't recall a time before 2016 when the polls were described as "So-and-so has a xx% percent chance of winning."  Did I miss something in previous elections?  Is my memory faulty?  Seemed to me they were always "X candidate has 53% of the vote, while Y candidate has 35% of the voters."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 06:23:04 pm »
It's been a blue wave since 2008.

We were just stupid enough to believe the Republicans when they told us they were going to stop, not fund - Obama's agenda. 

That they were going to repeal 'root and branch', ObamaCare - not make it their own and ensconce it in permanency.

That they were going to return us to fiscal responsibility, not draft thousand-page Trillion-Dollar omnibus deficit spending bills in secret and vote it into law without giving anyone time to read the bill.

That they were going to bring overt corruption to justice, not help cover it up with endless kabuki theater hearings that let perps walk unmolested and thus institutionalized it.

We bought the lies and the reneged promises and they gave us the finger and threatened to 'punch us in the nose' and told us they wanted us gone from their party if we would not go along silently and discard our principles for political expediency.

The "blue wave" is what they worked hard to achieve.  And they succeeded.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 11:50:46 pm »
No blue wave.

Just can't tell yet.

Things ... things totally un-knowable (right now) and completely unpredicted are going to happen between now and summer's end that will impact the election.

Nothing to do but wait and see.

Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise -- they be talkin' through their hat!