Author Topic: Bombing in Syria is on NOW. BREAKING LIVE THREAD  (Read 17681 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Bombing in Syria is on NOW. BREAKING LIVE THREAD
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2018, 03:17:59 am »

That's from Iraq, 2003 - Shock and Awe.

Well, you certainly know your wars ... at least better than the media.

Thanks... I've removed it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2018, 03:20:55 am »
God help us all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2018, 03:20:56 am »
Well, you certainly know your wars ... at least better than the media.

Thanks... I've removed it.

No problem.  Which outlet posted that?  I only recognized it because it was shown almost as much as 'mission accomplished' back then.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2018, 03:25:36 am »
Russia's U.S. ambassador warns of consequences for Syria strikes

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Russia's ambassador to the United States on Friday warned that there would be consequences for the U.S.-led military strikes on Syria, adding that it was not acceptable to insult Russia's president.

"A pre-designed scenario is being implemented," Russian Ambassador Anatoly Antonov said on Twitter. "Again, we are being threatened. We warned that such actions will not be left without consequences."

Oh terrific.  Trade war.  Trillion dollar deficit spending.  World War III. 

Is this supposedly MAGA?  Bomb the shit out of a country we have no business in; questionable intel over who supposedly gassed those people; an ally of Russia; a great big push of helping Obama's plan to rid Syria of Assad; Putin and Iran are likely not going to sit idle.

This has the portent to get much bigger, very fast. 

This tonight and gas prices already spiking up big time this week BEFORE this news.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2018, 03:27:19 am »

https://twitter.com/RusEmbUSA/status/984980480234868736

I'm going to take a wild guess the response will be cyberattacks.  That's the only thing they could do against the three participants at once.

Offline DB

« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2018, 03:29:41 am »
Russia's U.S. ambassador warns of consequences for Syria strikes

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Russia's ambassador to the United States on Friday warned that there would be consequences for the U.S.-led military strikes on Syria, adding that it was not acceptable to insult Russia's president.

"A pre-designed scenario is being implemented," Russian Ambassador Anatoly Antonov said on Twitter. "Again, we are being threatened. We warned that such actions will not be left without consequences."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russias-u-ambassador-warns-consequences-syria-strikes-025729892.html

The Russian Ambassador is full of crap. Making any comparison to Hitler makes him an idiot.

On the fence as far as Trump's actions here. I don't know enough of the truth about what is really going on their to have an informed opinion. It isn't clear to me why Syria is in our national interest short of containing Iran. Iran is a problem, a problem that Obama majorly made worse.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:32:24 am by DB »

Offline DB

« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2018, 03:31:10 am »

I'm going to take a wild guess the response will be cyberattacks.  That's the only thing they could do against the three participants at once.

I really doubt they want to start a cyber war of any significance. They're on the short end of the technology stick to try it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:32:59 am by DB »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2018, 03:33:36 am »

We are talking about Putin here.  You might be right, but no military response will give him the impression of being weak.  Hope I'm wrong though.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2018, 03:33:50 am »

Will we war for cyber crimes?
With two egos like Trump and Putin...anything can happen.

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2018, 03:36:39 am »
Making any comparison to Hitler makes him an idiot.

I missed the comparison.  Can you explain please?

Offline edpc

« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2018, 03:38:07 am »
I really doubt they want to start a cyber war of any significance. They're on the short end of the technology stick to try it.

Our tech only works with power.

Russian hackers are conducting a broad assault on the U.S. electric grid, water processing plants, air transportation facilities and other targets in rolling attacks on some of the country’s most sensitive infrastructure, U.S. government officials said Thursday.

The announcement was the first official confirmation that Russian hackers have taken aim at facilities on which hundreds of millions of Americans depend for basic services. Bloomberg News reported in July that Russian hackers had breached more than a dozen power plants in seven states, an aggressive campaign that has since expanded to dozens of states, according to a person familiar with the investigation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-15/russian-hackers-attacking-u-s-power-grid-aviation-fbi-warns

I’m thinking it’d be something harassing and more like the October 2016 incident.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Dyn_cyberattack
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:43:14 am by edpc »

Offline edpc

« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2018, 03:52:52 am »
I noticed. As Social Media Advisor at GOPBR aka TBR, I noticed you are obsessed with your anti-Trump "gotcha" game & pursuits.

2018-2013=5 years.

BTW Nan Pelosi joined Barbara Lee; your policy-mates

Well, it’s not like Trump just said one or two things about it.  He has an extensive history, saying staying out of it completely was a big priority for him.

This is quite a list and it mentions some of the implications that are still true today.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/13/trump-list-not-involve-in-syria/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:55:56 am by edpc »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2018, 04:45:10 am »
 I am not sure about all of this.

Yes, Syria has a bad guy, Assad. The news shows us pictures of gassed children, and we hate that, so we have to do something.
I guess gas gets us more upset than shooting or burning villages.
It must, because for the past decade or so, all over Africa, kids have been forced into service, to go into village after village and burn them down, but, at least it wasn't gas.
We are , once again, picking winners and losers on the world stage.
Syria, yes. Africa, no.
Why? Who benefits?

Who takes Assad's place?
ISIS?
Many Syrian christians say that Assad protects them.

Can you honestly say that Iraq and Afghanistan are much different that before we entered into those conflicts? Saddam Hussein was once "our guy".

Is Libya without Khaddafi better. Would Benghazi come up if Khaddafi was still there?
Reagan reined him in an he became a stabilizing influence and trading partner, in what became a fairly secular country. Not any more.

Arab spring in Egypt, Mubarak replaced, and Coptic christians are killed. Would they have been before?

As bad as the reality is, the alternative may be worse.

Be careful what you wish for.....
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:46:45 am by GrouchoTex »

« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2018, 04:46:17 am »
Alex Jones, a great defender of heterosexual frogs, melted down tonight.  Tons of F-Bombs so beware.

! No longer available

Thank G-d he's taking vitamins for stress.

First rage then tears.

! No longer available

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:59:12 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2018, 04:50:34 am »
I am not sure about all of this.

Yes, Syria has a bad guy, Assad. The news shows us pictures of gassed children, and we hate that, so we have to do something.
I guess gas gets us more upset than shooting or burning villages.
It must, because for the past decade or so, all over Africa, kids have been forced into service, to go into village after village and burn them down, but, at least it wasn't gas.
We are , once again, picking winners and losers on the world stage.
Syria, yes. Africa, no.
Why? Who benefits?

Who takes Assad's place?
ISIS?
Many Syrian christians say that Assad protects them.

Can you honestly say that Iraq and Afghanistan are much different that before we entered into those conflicts? Saddam Hussein was once "our guy".

Is Libya without Khaddafi better. Would Benghazi come up if Khaddafi was still there?
Reagan reined him in an he became a stabilizing influence and trading partner, in what became a fairly secular country. Not any more.

Arab spring in Egypt, Mubarak replaced, and Coptic christians are killed. Would they have been before?

As bad as the reality is, the alternative may be worse.

Be careful what you wish for.....
Good points, all.
You don't get a stable country in a multitribal region without being the meanest dog in the junkyard. That has traditionally been what works. He can't be a nice guy and retain power in that situation. I just see this as a civil problem, internal to Syria, that we should be very careful about acting on without the express invitation of the lawful government there, which happens to be Assad.
How do you destroy chemical weapons stocks without liberating the very agents you didn't want used?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:54:11 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2018, 04:53:22 am »
Good points, all.

How do you destroy chemical weapons stocks without liberating the very agents you didn't want used?

Joe,I don't know.
I just have this sinking feeling that we've seen this all before, live, on CNN. It made Wolf Blitzer famous.
These things just never worked out as planned.

Granted, with history as we know now it, I am Monday morning quarterbacking.
At the time of these events, some folks in power at the time, came out with some logical arguments for engaging. Looking back, was it worth it?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:57:16 am by GrouchoTex »

« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2018, 04:53:54 am »
Emmanuel Macron @EmmanuelMacron
1 hour ago

Dozens of men, women and children were massacred using chemical weapons in Douma on Saturday, 7 April.
The red line has been crossed.
I have therefore ordered the French armed forces to intervene.
http://www.elysee.fr/communiques-de-presse/article/press-statement-by-the-president-of-the-french-republic-on-the-intervention-of-the-french-armed-forces-in-response-to-the-use-of-chemical-weapons-in-syria/ …

Dozens of men, women and children were massacred in Douma on Saturday, 7 April using chemical weapons, in total violation of international law and United Nations Security Council resolutions.

There is no doubt as to the facts and to the responsibility of the Syrian regime.

The red line declared by France in May 2017 has been crossed.

Tonight, I have therefore ordered the French armed forces to intervene, as part of an international operation conducted in coalition with the United States of America and the United Kingdom against the clandestine chemical weapons arsenal of the Syrian regime.

Our response has been limited to the Syrian regime’s facilities enabling the production and employment of chemical weapons.

We cannot tolerate the normalization of the employment of chemical weapons, which is an immediate danger to the Syrian people and to our collective security. That is the meaning of the initiatives constantly promoted by France at the United Nations Security Council.

France and its partners will today continue their efforts at the United Nations to enable the creation of an international mechanism to establish responsibility, prevent impunity and obstruct any temptation on the part of the Syrian regime to repeat these acts.

Since May 2017, France’s priorities in Syria have been constant: finishing the fight against Daesh, enabling humanitarian assistance to civilian populations, and triggering collective momentum to bring about a peaceful settlement of the conflict so that peace can return to Syria and to ensure the region’s stability.

I will pursue these priorities with determination in the coming days and weeks.

In accordance with Article 35, paragraph 2 of the French Constitution, Parliament will be informed and a parliamentary debate will be organized following this decision to order the intervention of our armed forces abroad.

Offline DB

« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2018, 06:07:52 am »
I missed the comparison.  Can you explain please?

I believe I mixed up the Russian ambassador with another Russian official:

'Alexander Sherin, deputy head of the State Duma's defense committee, says Trump "can be called Adolf Hitler No. 2 of our time — because, you see, he even chose the time that Hitler attacked the Soviet Union."'

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2018, 07:23:45 am »
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:33:13 am by montanajoe »

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2018, 07:56:37 am »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2018, 08:55:50 am »
Weapons the US, UK and France used to target Syria

(CNN)The United States combined with the armed forces of the United Kingdom and France early Saturday to carry out airstrikes against the chemical weapons facilities maintained by the regime of Syria. Here are some of the weapons they used:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/14/politics/syria-airstrikes-weapons-used-intl/index.html

The Latest: Russia: Missiles aimed at Syrian air base downed

The Russian Defense Ministry said that 12 cruise missiles have been launched at the Dumayr air base east of Damascus. It said that Syria's air defense assets have downed all of them.

The ministry said that altogether more than 100 cruise and air-to-ground missiles were launched by U.S., British and French aircraft and navy ships. It did not mention the overall number of missiles intercepted by Syrian forces.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/latest-trump-address-nation-syria-54459519
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 08:59:56 am by edpc »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2018, 09:38:55 am »
So I take it the Vodka drinking slugheads haven't responded yet. I think they are too drunk to do anything military wise.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

rangerrebew

« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2018, 10:39:36 am »
Syria air strikes: Live updates as US, UK and France launch military response to chemical weapons attack in Douma

Russian has warned of "consequences" to air strikes which Prime Minister Theresa May says were "essential", "right and legal"

ByNatalie Evans
Charlotte Neal

The UK, US and France have launched co-ordinated air strikes in Syria in response to an alleged chemical weapons attack.

US president Donald Trump announced the "combined operation" on Friday night, as Prime Minister Theresa May said there was "no practicable alternative to the use of force".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/syria-air-strikes-live-updates-12360853
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:40:18 am by rangerrebew »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2018, 10:40:44 am »
@AbaraXas

Now that warfare is underway, I'd hope you would temper your comments so that we are a united front.......

That's rich coming from you, sir.   ^-^

We've been in a civil war with the Left since November 2016.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2018, 10:41:10 am »
I might be more supportive if I didn't have the nagging feeling that this invasion is a distraction from the Mueller investigation.   

Prayers for our fighting men and women and  the innocent children who are in harm's way.

Well, if things went your way, North Korea would be threatening to nuke us and the world and we'd be watching ISIS cut the heads off of people. So, I'm not supportive of your view.