Author Topic: Is Ryan’s Exit the End of the Permanent Bipartisan Fusion Party?  (Read 630 times)

Offline endicom

American Greatness
Michael Walsh
Apr. 12, 2018

Paul Ryan’s announcement Wednesday that he is not running for re-election from his hitherto safe district in Wisconsin, coming as it did amidst the media-fueled fires of James Comey, Robert Mueller and all the other Stormy Danielses circling the Trump Administration, was the most underappreciated development of the day. Not necessarily because the Speaker of the House, an odd combination of Eddie Munster and Eddie Haskell, is stepping down to spend more time with his family, but because—no matter what happens to Trump—the real future of the Republican Party is now up for grabs.

I coined the term “Permanent Bipartisan Fusion Party” to describe the unholy bond between Republicans and Democrats in Washington, who have long existed in a kind of incestuous, sado-masochistic relationship in which each of them knows their place and, after a fashion, enjoys it.

On the one hand we have the largely regnant Evil Party, congressionally ascendant during the long reign of FDR and Harry Truman, which has since the 1970s gradually morphed into the anti-American “progressive” party devoted to perverting the Constitution and undermining the foundational principles of the republic in the name of discovering their “real,” if occult meaning. And on the other, the Stupid Party, which never met a promise it didn’t want to dishonor, a foreign war it didn’t want to fight, or a domestic fight it didn’t want to throw.

More... https://amgreatness.com/2018/04/12/is-ryans-exit-the-end-of-the-permanent-bipartisan-fusion-party/

Offline DB

The Uniparty will not be deterred. Bet on it.

As the mid term approaches all kinds of conservative red meat will be offered as it always is with nothing but excuses to follow after the election.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I coined the term “Permanent Bipartisan Fusion Party” to describe the unholy bond between Republicans and Democrats in Washington, who have long existed in a kind of incestuous, sado-masochistic relationship in which each of them knows their place and, after a fashion, enjoys it.

On the one hand we have the largely regnant Evil Party, congressionally ascendant during the long reign of FDR and Harry Truman, which has since the 1970s gradually morphed into the anti-American “progressive” party devoted to perverting the Constitution and undermining the foundational principles of the republic in the name of discovering their “real,” if occult meaning. And on the other, the Stupid Party, which never met a promise it didn’t want to dishonor, a foreign war it didn’t want to fight, or a domestic fight it didn’t want to throw.

I actually despise the Republican Party far more than the demonic beast that is the Democrat Party.  Traitors to your cause who pretend to be angels of light and slit your throat while you sleep thinking you are safe in their tent deserves far more scorn and contempt than the enemy in uniform out across no-man's land.

And I'm beginning to dislike the moniker of 'Stupid Party' when ascribing it to Republicans.  No one is that stupid.  What they have done was willfully deliberate, and their fruits more than provide incontrovertible proof that betraying their former Conservative base and adopting the Democrat agenda for their own, was the plan all along.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online dfwgator

The role of the Republican Party is the same as that of the Washington Generals.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I like the description of Ryan as between the two Eddies - A devious conmen who plays innocent to the right audiences as just another neighbor boy, and the young semi-wolfboy who plays with the most macabre of playthings.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington