Author Topic: Why Trump Is Panicking  (Read 659 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Trump Is Panicking
« on: April 12, 2018, 02:00:25 pm »
 Why Trump Is Panicking

The raids on his attorney’s files are extremely dangerous for the president.

By RENATO MARIOTTI

April 11, 2018

“Attorney-client privilege is dead,” according to President Donald Trump, who unleashed an angry Twitter tirade this week in response to search warrants executed at the office, home and hotel room of his personal attorney, Michael Cohen. The president is also reportedly considering firing Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to rein in special counsel Robert Mueller.

Trump is right to be concerned about the search of Cohen’s office, but not because it was improper or a violation of attorney-client privilege. In fact, there are established Justice Department procedures regarding searches of attorney offices. What should concern Trump is that the search of Cohen’s office presumably met the rigorous requirements of those procedures and ultimately resulted in the seizure of communications between Trump and Cohen, according to the Washington Post.

more
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/04/11/trump-cohen-fbi-raid-office-panic-217847
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Why Trump Is Panicking
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 02:13:57 pm »
Why do I have a feeling that "rigorous" is not applied equally to every situation?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:30:26 pm »
What should concern Trump is that the search of Cohen’s office presumably met the rigorous requirements of those procedures

Yeah. Kinda how we were all told FISA warrants were all beyond reproach. Give me a break Polutico.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 02:35:40 pm »
The story doesn't say anything about panic - the headline and story don't match. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 02:51:49 pm »
The story doesn't say anything about panic - the headline and story don't match.

You did see that it was from Polutico, right?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 03:00:10 pm »
You did see that it was from Polutico, right?

Yes, but I'm an optimist so I thought there might actually be something there there.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 03:06:20 pm »
Trump panic? After what the president has been through already, I think not. Trump’s got a solid gold pair and he knows how to use them.