Author Topic: HAS MCCONNELL FINALLY HAD ENOUGH OF DEMOCRATIC OBSTRUCTION?  (Read 315 times)

Offline endicom

HAS MCCONNELL FINALLY HAD ENOUGH OF DEMOCRATIC OBSTRUCTION?
« on: April 12, 2018, 04:05:52 pm »
Power Line
Paul Mirengoff
Apr. 12, 2018

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has finally displayed a sense of urgency in getting President Trump’s nominees confirmed. Earlier this week, he warned Senate Democrats that, if necessary, he would force senators to remain in session on Friday and possibly during the weekend to confirm a slate of six Trump nominees. The slate includes a nominee for a seat on the National Labor Relations Board, for the number two job at the Department of Labor, for a key post at the Environmental Protection Agency, and two nominees for district court judgeships.

McConnell’s new found aggression seems to be working. Today, the Senate confirmed Pat Pizella as Deputy Secretary of Labor. Pizella, a good pick, prevailed via the traditional Trump-era landslide vote — 50-48.

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/04/has-mcconnell-finally-had-enough-of-democratic-obstruction.php

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: HAS MCCONNELL FINALLY HAD ENOUGH OF DEMOCRATIC OBSTRUCTION?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 08:18:34 pm »
I think it is a little late to call it a 'sense of urgency'. That'd be like hurrying out the door to return a library book that was a few months overdue....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis