Author Topic: Sun allergy  (Read 537 times)

rangerrebew

Sun allergy
« on: April 12, 2018, 12:06:01 pm »
Sun allergy

Sun allergy is a term often used to describe a number of conditions in which an itchy red rash occurs on skin that has been exposed to sunlight. The most common form of sun allergy is polymorphic light eruption, also known as sun poisoning.

Some people have a hereditary type of sun allergy. Others develop signs and symptoms only when triggered by another factor — such as a medication or skin exposure to a plant such as wild parsnip or limes.

Mild cases of sun allergy may clear up without treatment. More severe cases may be treated with steroid creams or pills. People who have a severe sun allergy may need to take preventive measures and wear sun-protective clothing.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sun-allergy/symptoms-causes/syc-20378077

Offline thackney

Re: Sun allergy
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 12:08:19 pm »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 01:01:57 pm »
Geeez. Mrs. Joe just sneezes when she hits bright sunlight....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 04:47:28 pm »
I take two separate medications that require I limit my sun exposure or I could end up with rashes, and I was just told by my physician that I need to increase my sun exposure because of a vitamin D deficiency. This oughta be fun