Author Topic: Trump-Appointed U.S. Attorney Was Forced To Recuse Himself So Cohen Raid Could Take Place  (Read 719 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump-Appointed U.S. Attorney Was Forced To Recuse Himself So Cohen Raid Could Take Place
DC Whispers, Apr 10, 2018

Over the last 24-hours, the Establishment Media has repeated over and over again how the U.S. District Attorney who oversaw the raid on longtime Trump Attorney Michael Cohen’s New York offices was a Trump appointee – implying there must have been some serious wrongdoing for the raid to then have taken place.

Ah, there’s one problem though. U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman was NOT part of the raid. He was forced to recuse himself from the case by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Via ABC News:

“ABC News has learned that Geoffrey Berman, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, is recused from the Michael Cohen investigation.Two sources familiar with the matter tell ABC News Berman was not involved in the decision to raid Cohen’s office because of the recusal.

The recusal was approved by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.“

Read more at http://dcwhispers.com/breaking-trump-appointed-u-s-attorney-was-forced-to-recuse-himself-so-cohen-raid-could-take-place/#p67vR0ECrhwPkF1B.99

Offline jpsb

Rosenstein again, the dirty DAG

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Trump:
Pick up the phone and make the call.
Fire this guy Rosenstein's a@@ right outta there.

You got the stuff to take the heat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If I had my druthers ... Rosenstein would be gone by sunrise.

Offline Frank Cannon

This is only half the story. The dude that replaced Berman in this case is a Clinton appointee.

Offline endicom

That Rosenstein approved the recusal doesn't mean that Rosenstein forced the recusal. The ABC article says that Rosenstein's approval was after the decision for recusal was made by subordinates.

Offline Frank Cannon

That Rosenstein approved the recusal doesn't mean that Rosenstein forced the recusal. The ABC article says that Rosenstein's approval was after the decision for recusal was made by subordinates.

Since ABC lied about Berman being the lead on this in the first place, why should I believe a lying word they have to say to spin this again?

Offline the_doc

Rosenstein again, the dirty DAG

Wasn't Rosenstein the guy who drafted the scope of Mueller's investigation as an essentially open-ended witch hunt?  (And wasn't that arguably non-compliant with the federal statute for special prosecutors?)  When a lawyer does seemingly careless stuff like this, he knows what he is doing and why he's doing it.  (Whereas most people are surprised that the Mueller investigation has undergone so many metamorphoses, Rosenstein surely isn't surprised at all.) 

If my info (above) is correct, then Rosenstein is obviously dirty.  He seems to be the lynchpin in the conspiracy to take down Trump no matter what.   

Offline endicom

Since ABC lied about Berman being the lead on this in the first place, why should I believe a lying word they have to say to spin this again?

I wouldn't tell you what to believe. Not ABC or the unsupported headline of the OP.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Over the last 24-hours, the Establishment Media has repeated over and over again how the U.S. District Attorney who oversaw the raid on longtime Trump Attorney Michael Cohen’s New York offices was a Trump appointee – implying there must have been some serious wrongdoing for the raid to then have taken place.

Ah, there’s one problem though. U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman was NOT part of the raid. He was forced to recuse himself from the case by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Ah, there's another problem, though.....Rosenstein is also a Trump appointee.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.