Author Topic: AP FACT CHECK: An angry Trump twists facts about raid, probe  (Read 7790 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: AP FACT CHECK: An angry Trump twists facts about raid, probe
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 01:46:17 pm »
How has President Trump, who has suffered the greatest daily incoming fire (of lies and distortions) from media and political critics, of any president in his first year – probably in American history, how has he still managed to steadily rise in the polls to above 50%?

Because not only does his base support him, but non affiliated people also like him better than congress (approval at 10%) and media (approval 32%).

Such a pity.  Here was a golden opportunity for you to showcase where Trump actually told the truth for once.  Yet instead you revert to his popularity, just like Democrats did with Obama and Clinton.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 01:47:08 pm »
Yes, I know some here won't like the source, but Trump and many of his supporters (including some in the media) have misinformed and outright lied about the raid on Cohen's office.  This presents another, possibly more accurate version of the facts.

Why would I not accept AP's version of the 'facts'? Perhaps because they've so far spent every day of the past 16 months trying to undercut the subject of this 'fact-check' article?

Of course this is their MO - when Trump speaks off the cuff in his typically inarticulate way accuse him of 'lying'. When Trump makes personnel changes call it 'chaos'. When anything good happens on his watch direct the public's attention elsewhere. Eff them.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 01:47:32 pm »
The "liars" would be the ones using the term "break-in".  Notice that the term "break-in" came from AP, not from Trump.

Read what he said.  He said the FBI "broke into" Cohen's office.  Trump is the one who characterized the incident as a break in. 

I don't know why I bothered.  You all will ignore what doesn't fit the narrative and believe what you want to believe anyway. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 02:01:15 pm »
Meanwhile, over on the other side of the aisle, David Kendall admitted to helping Hillary cover up the emails, and his office was unmolested.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 02:05:36 pm »
Meanwhile, over on the other side of the aisle, David Kendall admitted to helping Hillary cover up the emails, and his office was unmolested.

And if it had been surely he would've used the properly terminology when declaring his outrage.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 02:11:20 pm »
Read what he said.  He said the FBI "broke into" Cohen's office.  Trump is the one who characterized the incident as a break in. 

I don't know why I bothered.  You all will ignore what doesn't fit the narrative and believe what you want to believe anyway.

@Applewood
Its not about believing.  Its about not giving a crap in the meaningless minutia that the leftists trot out day after day after day after day

Pulling a raid on a lawyer is a big deal especially when that lawyer represents the President of the United States.  The double standard from the FBI is mind boggling.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 02:12:41 pm »

@Cyber Liberty
Emails?  You mean those tens of thousands of official State Dept emails?   The ones that even having them outside of a govt system is a crime let alone the Top Secret ones?

Those emails?

Naw, the FBI said that wasn't a crime.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 02:16:46 pm »

So if I said I 'broke in' a new pair of shoes, you would consider that a "break in"?  Or how about if I 'broke into' a new box of cereal without finishing the old box first.  Is that a "break in"?  Or what if I 'broke into' someone else' conversation.  Or if I 'broke into' song because I heard someone humming?  Or what if someone 'broke' your trust by telling someone else what you had told them in confidence?

By definition, a 'break-in'  (single word, hyphenated) means an illegal entry into a home, car, office, etc.

But 'break' in this sense means to infringe, ignore, or act contrary to (a law, rule, promise, etc.)

The two terms are not synonymous.  So AP is guilty of taking Trump's words and replacing them with something else to purposely give a different meaning to what Trump intended.

The question now is this:  Are you willing to put your bias aside and acknowledge the use of non-rational persuasion by AP?  I certainly did.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline SirLinksALot

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2018, 02:26:17 pm »
There has been no such finding. It's true that evidence of collusion has not emerged to date in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election

Errr....  “They found no collusion whatsoever with Russia.” = “Evidence of collusion has not emerged to date.”  How are they not identical other than the AP "Fact-Checkers" ( note the quotes ) HOPING that Mueller digs forever and hopefully finds something?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2018, 02:34:06 pm »
So if I said I 'broke in' a new pair of shoes, you would consider that a "break in"?  Or how about if I 'broke into' a new box of cereal without finishing the old box first.  Is that a "break in"?  Or what if I 'broke into' someone else' conversation.  Or if I 'broke into' song because I heard someone humming?  Or what if someone 'broke' your trust by telling someone else what you had told them in confidence?

By definition, a 'break-in'  (single word, hyphenated) means an illegal entry into a home, car, office, etc.

But 'break' in this sense means to infringe, ignore, or act contrary to (a law, rule, promise, etc.)

The two terms are not synonymous.  So AP is guilty of taking Trump's words and replacing them with something else to purposely give a different meaning to what Trump intended.

The question now is this:  Are you willing to put your bias aside and acknowledge the use of non-rational persuasion by AP?  I certainly did.

Wow!  Twisting yourself into a knot there .  Must be painful.

No matter what you say -- Trump said the FBI broke into Cohen's office -- broke in -- as in  forcible entry. That statement is false.

Now whether the search and seizure is legal and the warrant is valid -- that's for the court to decide.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2018, 02:38:43 pm »
The "liars" would be the ones using the term "break-in".  Notice that the term "break-in" came from AP, not from Trump.

Trump used the past tense: 

"TRUMP: "So I just heard that they broke into the office of one of my personal attorneys,......"

Nobody "broke into the office". 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2018, 02:42:37 pm »

You wrap yourself up in the blanket of AP being a merchant of truth while you point your dirty finger at Trump supporters for being irrational zealots. You are aware that the AP has been caught numerous times LYING about news stories just to slam the President....

The AP ran into more trouble over the weekend after it ran a story about how Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt met privately with the CEO of a top chemical company, then decided to drop a ban on a widely used pesticide that has been shown to harm children’s brains.

The story insinuated that Pruitt had made the decision under pressure from a corporate lobbying campaign.

But while the meeting between Pruitt and Dow Chemical CEO Andrew Liveris was on Pruitt’s schedule, it never happened — an admission the AP made after Pruitt’s office and Breitbart pressed them for a correction.

Last week, The New York Times and The Associated Press ran similar corrections acknowledging that reports on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election had overstated, by more than a dozen, the number of U.S. intelligence agencies that had signed off on the assessment.

Both outlets had reported that all 17 organizations that fall under the umbrella of the U.S. intelligence community had made the assessment. In fact, only four — the CIA, FBI, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the National Security Agency — had contributed to that conclusion.

The Associated Press correction was applied to four stories that had run from early April to late June.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/340564-media-errors-fuel-trump-attacks

BTW your pals at AP are teamed up with Fakebook to be the fact checkers of record on anything Trump. Sound non partisan to you?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2018, 02:44:15 pm »
Trump used the past tense: 

"TRUMP: "So I just heard that they broke into the office of one of my personal attorneys,......"

Nobody "broke into the office".

If you set foot into somebody's house without permission, that's a B & E.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2018, 02:51:52 pm »
I find this unbelievable.   The FBI goes on a witch hunt and seizes protected attorney client records related to the President of the United States and people want to argue whether the Presidents use of 'broke in' was appropriate?  The FBI did so based on the words of a stripper and an attorney closely tied to the Clintons.

How about commenting on an FBI that is out of control?   

Offline Applewood

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2018, 02:56:54 pm »
If you set foot into somebody's house without permission, that's a B & E.

And as I said previously, the FBI might have been invited in.  As far as I know, when the FBI showed up at Cohen's door, there was no effort to resist their entry. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2018, 02:58:22 pm »
And as I said previously, the FBI might have been invited in.  As far as I know, when the FBI showed up at Cohen's door, there was no effort to resist their entry.

LOL maybe because thats a good way to get shot, then arrested, then beat up in jail if they decide to be nice and not let you bleed out laying on the floor.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2018, 03:03:53 pm »
I find this unbelievable.   The FBI goes on a witch hunt and seizes protected attorney client records related to the President of the United States and people want to argue whether the Presidents use of 'broke in' was appropriate?  The FBI did so based on the words of a stripper and an attorney closely tied to the Clintons.

Sure, the FBI is corrupt and out of control.  But it seems to me -- so is the rest of DC, perhaps including the president. 

But this thread is rather narrow in scope -- or should be.  There is a lot of lying and misrepresentation of the facts abou the Cohen raid  and these are coming from the president himself, his supporters and allies. 

The FBI had a warrant and they executed it.  That comes under the heading of doing its job.  Whether the warrant was valid or the FBI seized materials not covered by the warrant-- well, that's up to a judge to decide. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2018, 03:13:13 pm »
Sure, the FBI is corrupt and out of control.  But it seems to me -- so is the rest of DC, perhaps including the president. 

But this thread is rather narrow in scope -- or should be.  There is a lot of lying and misrepresentation of the facts abou the Cohen raid  and these are coming from the president himself, his supporters and allies. 

The FBI had a warrant and they executed it.  That comes under the heading of doing its job.  Whether the warrant was valid or the FBI seized materials not covered by the warrant-- well, that's up to a judge to decide.

Just following orders.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2018, 03:29:02 pm »
Just following orders.

"I don't know why Heinrich chose Hugo Boss to make the uniforms when Heinz Oestergaard is a perfectly sensible designer."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:30:25 pm by skeeter »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2018, 03:34:17 pm »

No. All the lies are coming from folks supporting this raid. We were told from them that the raid was signed off by Trumps appointment to that district. Not true. He recused himself and his underling, an Obama appointee, signed off.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2018, 03:37:29 pm »
Two pages of "Trump gotcha"

Not even one comment on substantive aspects

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2018, 03:45:27 pm »
Two pages of "Trump gotcha"

Not even one comment on substantive aspects

So, are you going to start the substantive aspects comments?  Or, just comment on the comments?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2018, 03:51:55 pm »

That would be too informative and too close to being a truthful report for most so called journalists in today's current media environment.

Can't have these guys actually reporting "facts".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2018, 04:03:39 pm »
No matter what you say -- Trump said the FBI broke into Cohen's office -- broke in -- as in  forcible entry. That statement is false.

Again:

break [breyk]

verb (used with object), broke or (Archaic) brake; broken or (Archaic) broke; breaking.

2.   to infringe, ignore, or act contrary to (a law, rule, promise, etc.)

12.  Law.  to contest (a will) successfully by judicial action.

108.  break into.  to be admitted into; enter, as a business or profession.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/break?s=t

btw, the entry WAS forcible.  Because there is no way any lawyer would allow the government to come in and conduct this type of search without FORCE (i.e. a warrant) being applied.