Author Topic: Russia Responds to Trump's Military Threats in Syria, Puts Forces on High Alert  (Read 1880 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The Russian military has reportedly gone on high alert in anticipation of a potential U.S. attack on the forces of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, a Moscow ally accused of using chemical weapons in a seven-year civil war.

Leading Russian politicians and military officials reacted to President Donald Trump's promise Monday to respond "forcefully" within "the next 24 to 48 hours" to the Syrian military's alleged use of toxic gas earlier this week in rebel-held Douma, a suburb of Damascus.

Vladimir Shamanov, head of the lower parliamentary house's defense committee and a former airborne troops commander, said Russia had an obligation to protect its ally. Syria has denied the chemical weapons charges and has called for the U.S. to withdraw from the country.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-responds-trump-apos-military-172922094.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Vladimir Shamanov, head of the lower parliamentary house's defense committee and a former airborne troops commander, said Russia had an obligation to protect its ally.

"They should not pin their hopes on their naval task forces and their deceptions. We are a sovereign country, and we have allies and guarantors for those events taking place in Syria. We won’t let the Americans hammer nails on someone else’s anvil," he added.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:15:49 pm by edpc »

Offline edpc

"The threats you are proffering that you're stating vis-a-vis Syria should make us seriously worried, all of us, because we could find ourselves on the threshold of some very sad and serious events," Nebenzia told US Ambassador Nikki Haley.

http://m.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Russia-urges-US-Refrain-from-Syria-plans-you-are-developing-549441

Offline oldno7

So what if Trump leaves them on high alert for a month or two, this ain't checkers...

The world is waiting for an "immediate" response...

Offline kevindavis007

I think the Russians would be too drunk to respond.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
War's over, man. Putin dropped the big one.
What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If they are so concerned about their "ally" Syria...why aren't they telling them to stop gassing their own people?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Why do we keep broadcasting when we are going to attack Syria. Why can't we just be quiet and, if we attack at all, catch them by surprise?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Why do we keep broadcasting when we are going to attack Syria. Why can't we just be quiet and, if we attack at all, catch them by surprise?

Because someone can't stay off Twitter.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump just told it the way he saw it, "the missiles are coming", not a threat, just a matter of fact.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Trump just told it the way he saw it, "the missiles are coming", not a threat, just a matter of fact.

It's really really stupid to tell your enemy what's coming in a childish rant on twitter.

Now thanks to his telegraphing his next move...the Russian way ships that were in port in Syria have put to sea in order to better handle what they now know is coming at them.

No one in their right mind telegraphs a move that could put lives in danger like he just did.

But then that doesn't matter one whit to you because it's your boy Donny doing it.

Offline edpc

It's really really stupid to tell your enemy what's coming in a childish rant on twitter.

It's also rather irresponsible to your allies, since you're making things difficult for them, as well.  At least there's always a follow up tweet that clarifies and makes everyone remember you're a 'stable genius' after all.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
2h

Never said when an attack on Syria would take place. Could be very soon or not so soon at all! In any event, the United States, under my Administration, has done a great job of ridding the region of ISIS. Where is our “Thank you America?”

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 12:59:29 pm by edpc »

Offline WingNot

File this in the FWIW column.

I live near Eglin and Tyndall AFB. The last two days and nights there has been a plethora of activity. Late night ordnance drops and explosions.    Definitely gearing up for something. Usually some kind of attack follows a day or two later. Be interesting days ahead in the news.

Offline edpc

Definitely gearing up for something. Usually some kind of attack follows a day or two later.

I'd expect something before the weekend is over.  The French and Brits need to get their assets in place.  Britain in particular has been less interested in extended deployments since Iraq.  We'll probably know it's about to happen and be a sizeable operation, if the pizza joints around The Pentagon start getting large orders.  In the meantime, there's a noticeably large hole in the sky over Syria and western Iraq.

https://www.flightradar24.com/34.41,38.02/5

Besides, Trump bailed on the Latin American summit, even after Kudlow said he wouldn’t, to stick around for the situation in Syria.  Either something is going to happen or he snubbed the summit leaders and clowned Kudlow for nothing.

"I'm going to bet you he holds his regular schedule today," Kudlow said. "I'll be traveling with him with a group going to Latin America. . . . I don't think it's going to stop him."

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/government-and-politics/4429503-citing-developments-syria-trump-cancels-trip-summit-americas
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 11:13:02 pm by edpc »

Offline WingNot

I'd expect something before the weekend is over.  The French and Brits need to get their assets in place.  Britain in particular has been less interested in extended deployments since Iraq.  We'll probably know it's about to happen and be a sizeable operation, if the pizza joints around The Pentagon start getting large orders.  In the meantime, there's a noticeably large hole in the sky over Syria and western Iraq.

Besides, Trump bailed on the Latin American summit, even after Kudlow said he wouldn’t, to stick around for the situation in Syria.  Either something is going to happen or he snubbed the summit leaders and clowned Kudlow for nothing.

Whatevers.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well with this continued delay it has given Russia/Syria plenty of time to move/hide anything worth bombing...the element of surprise is gone.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

Well with this continued delay it has given Russia/Syria plenty of time to move/hide anything worth bombing...the element of surprise is gone.

There may not be any surprises or serious consequences at all, if this story is factual.  In the last strike, they were reticent to hit the chemical storage facilities at the airfield, for fear it would cause collateral casualties.  If anything, that would prove the Syrians have lied about their possession of chemical stockpiles.  The fallout of that rests solely with them.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,311865.0.html
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 11:38:27 pm by edpc »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe never doesn't sound like it's telegraphing much of anything.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

"I'm going to bet you he holds his regular schedule today," Kudlow said. "I'll be traveling with him with a group going to Latin America. . . . I don't think it's going to stop him."

Well, that's it then.  Impeach the bastid, we all wanted Pence anyway.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

It's apparent to me, Trumps tweet storm 2 days ago, scared the 2 allies that he so desperately wanted to be involved this time, gives more legitimately to this insane BS.
   He did it solo a year ago, Xi got a hell of a show in MaraLago. 
   Maybe internal polling showed Him to get those shits, May, Macron on board this time. 

It's way better than those two prospective puppets talking our President into getting involved in Libya because the EU is in trouble with oil shipments and/or currency. 
   Trump is not the piker obummer was, I want so desperately to Believe.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   It's apparent to me, Trumps tweet storm 2 days ago, scared the 2 allies that he so desperately wanted to be involved this time, gives more legitimately to this insane BS.
   He did it solo a year ago, Xi got a hell of a show in MaraLago. 
   Maybe internal polling showed Him to get those shits, May, Macron on board this time. 

It's way better than those two prospective puppets talking our President into getting involved in Libya because the EU is in trouble with oil shipments and/or currency. 
   Trump is not the piker obummer was, I want so desperately to Believe.

If there's one thing that bugs the French more than wanting them to come help with the fight, it's going it alone without them.  That's how things roll in Europe.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

Trump's Syria tweet surprised WH staff working on response to chemical attack: report

President Trump's tweet threatening to strike Syria came as a surprise to top White House aides who were still crafting the administration's response to the country's apparent chemical attack on civilians, according to The Washington Post.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/382784-trump-syria-tweet-surprised-wh-staff-working-on-syria-strategy-report

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump's Syria tweet surprised WH staff working on response to chemical attack: report

President Trump's tweet threatening to strike Syria came as a surprise to top White House aides who were still crafting the administration's response to the country's apparent chemical attack on civilians, according to The Washington Post.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/382784-trump-syria-tweet-surprised-wh-staff-working-on-syria-strategy-report

Be prepared, there is a small chance that our horrendous leadership could unknowingly lead us into World War III.

Offline WingNot

File this in the FWIW column.

I live near Eglin and Tyndall AFB. The last two days and nights there has been a plethora of activity. Late night ordnance drops and explosions.    Definitely gearing up for something. Usually some kind of attack follows a day or two later. Be interesting days ahead in the news.

I told you so.  Just saying.

Offline Frank Cannon

I told you so.  Just saying.

Sad state of affairs when some ne'er do well on a political forum has better intel then the MSM.