Author Topic: The US is drawing up several options for striking Syria after chemical weapons attack, Pentagon sour  (Read 416 times)

rangerrebew

The US is drawing up several options for striking Syria after chemical weapons attack, Pentagon sources say
by Jamie McIntyre
 | April 09, 2018 01:06 PM

U.S. military planners have drawn up more than one option for possible military action against Syria, including a strike similar to last year’s attack in which 59 sea-launched cruise missiles inflicted heavy damage on a Syrian Air Force airfield in Homs.

Pentagon officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the options now are similar to those presented to President Trump after last year’s chemical attack in northern Syria that killed and injured hundreds of civilians, including women and children.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/the-us-is-drawing-up-several-options-for-striking-syria-after-chemical-weapons-attack-pentagon-sources-say
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:58:59 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I believe it's a mistake for us to get to [directly] involved there.

Syria is a hornet's nest of muslims warring against each other. Let them have at it, as far as I'm concerned. I don't care WHAT they do to each other.

I would much rather see Israel take the initiative here. After all, Syria is "in their neighborhood", and has always been a hostile neighbor at that.

Particularly where "gas" has been used, the Israelis have a "higher moral ground" from which to attack -- having been once gassed, themselves, in their history. Let other nations of The West try to speak out against that.

Of course, we should provide covert help where needed.
But again, I believe the Israelis can -- and will -- "do a better job" of sorts than we could...