Author Topic: The Facebook Story is Horse Poop  (Read 394 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The Facebook Story is Horse Poop
« on: April 10, 2018, 05:23:21 pm »
You used Facebook. Facebook did not hire private investigators to go find your data. You used it. Not only did you use it. You used it for free. You put all that information in there. You decided to overshare. You decided to take stupid quizzes to find out which Disney Princess you are. Facebook did not make you do it. They did not hold a gun to your head. You did it and you did it willingly.
Facebook is not a charity. They sold ads to you and used your personal data that you willingly submitted to help the best advertisers connect to you.
This story is about your abdication of responsibility and willingness to blame a corporation for your propensity to overshare your life on a massive, international social media platform instead of having real people over to visit with. This is on you.....

http://www.erickontheradio.com/2018/04/the-facebook-story-is-horse-poop/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: The Facebook Story is Horse Poop
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 02:41:35 am »
Again, if the app is free to you, you are not the customer.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Facebook Story is Horse Poop
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 03:00:34 am »
Again, if the app is free to you, you are not the customer.
About facebook, I don't. If anyone wants a dossier on me, they have to work a little harder to get it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis