Author Topic: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office  (Read 13456 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 10:36:51 pm »

These clowns aside, I'm really starting to hate the FBI and wonder just what their value is today.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 10:39:30 pm »
The vast majority of his personnel choices have been a "huge mistake". Most were chosen based on how well they kissed his ring, not how well they could perform their duties.

I think you’re mistaken. When he first came to office, and not knowing anyone in Washington circles, Trump relied heavily on long time Washington hands and seasoned professionals like Reince Priebus [sic] to advise him on WH staffing. We’ve all seen how that went.

But, Trump recently let it be known that going forward he will be relying on his own instincts to select who to hire, so we should be seeing more folks loyal to the president and, well, less swampy.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 10:39:34 pm »
CLIENT PRIVILEGE FILES???  Aren't they sacred under the law??

When I was in private practice, the rule was/is patient information is privileged UNLESS a court orders them, then they are not privileged.  What I did, is, my memory was very good so I wrote down as little as possible about what my client said.  From one week to the next, I could remember what the patient's last sentence was the week before.  If I had nothing on paper, except patient name, address, etc., there was nothing for the court to find.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 10:41:29 pm »
Transcript of Trump's reaction......

So I just heard that they broke into the office of one of my personal attorneys, a good man and it's a disgraceful situation. It's a total witch-hunt. I've been saying it for a long time. I've wanted to keep it down. We've given I believe over a million pages worth of documents to the special counsel. They continue to just go forward and here we are talking about Syria, we're talking about a lot of serious things with the greatest fighting force ever and I have this witch-hunt constantly going on for over 12 months now and actually much more than that. You could say it was right after I won the nomination it started. And it's a disgrace, it's a real disgrace. It's an attack on our country in a true sense. It's an attack on what we all stand for so when I saw this and when I heard it, I heard it like you did, I said that is really now in a whole new level of unfairness. So this has been going on, I saw one of the reporters who is not necessarily a fan of mine, not necessarily very good to me, he said in effect that this is ridiculous, this is now getting ridiculous. They found no collusion whatsoever with Russia, the reason they found it is there was no collusion at all. No collusion. This is the most biased group of people, these people have the biggest conflicts of interest I've ever seen. Democrats all -- or just about all, either Democrats or a couple of Republicans that worked for president Obama. They're not looking at the other side. They're not looking at the Hillary Clinton horrible things that she did and all of the crimes that were committed. They're not looking at all of the things that happened that everybody is very angry about, I can tell you, from the Republican side and I think even the independent side. They only keep looking at us so they find no collusion and then they go from there and they say well, let's keep going and they raid an office of a personal attorney early in the morning and I think it's a disgrace. So we'll talk about it more but this is the most conflicted group of people I've ever seen. 

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/michael-cohen-office-raid/index.html
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:42:10 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 10:43:09 pm »
Transcript of Trump's reaction......

So I just heard that they broke into the office of one of my personal attorneys, a good man and it's a disgraceful situation. It's a total witch-hunt. I've been saying it for a long time. I've wanted to keep it down. We've given I believe over a million pages worth of documents to the special counsel. They continue to just go forward and here we are talking about Syria, we're talking about a lot of serious things with the greatest fighting force ever and I have this witch-hunt constantly going on for over 12 months now and actually much more than that. You could say it was right after I won the nomination it started. And it's a disgrace, it's a real disgrace. It's an attack on our country in a true sense. It's an attack on what we all stand for so when I saw this and when I heard it, I heard it like you did, I said that is really now in a whole new level of unfairness. So this has been going on, I saw one of the reporters who is not necessarily a fan of mine, not necessarily very good to me, he said in effect that this is ridiculous, this is now getting ridiculous. They found no collusion whatsoever with Russia, the reason they found it is there was no collusion at all. No collusion. This is the most biased group of people, these people have the biggest conflicts of interest I've ever seen. Democrats all -- or just about all, either Democrats or a couple of Republicans that worked for president Obama. They're not looking at the other side. They're not looking at the Hillary Clinton horrible things that she did and all of the crimes that were committed. They're not looking at all of the things that happened that everybody is very angry about, I can tell you, from the Republican side and I think even the independent side. They only keep looking at us so they find no collusion and then they go from there and they say well, let's keep going and they raid an office of a personal attorney early in the morning and I think it's a disgrace. So we'll talk about it more but this is the most conflicted group of people I've ever seen. 

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/michael-cohen-office-raid/index.html

And of course, he's 100% correct.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 10:43:49 pm »
I need to ask any attorneys we have here ... how in the name of God can the FBI take client-privilege files from the President's personal attorney?

Not a lawyer but, if the lawyer is involved with criminal activity with his client, privilege ends.

Offline edpc

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 10:44:52 pm »
I need to ask any attorneys we have here ... how in the name of God can the FBI take client-privilege files from the President's personal attorney?

Not if there's a crime-fraud exception.  Mueller has already used it in his investigations, past and present.

Offline edpc

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 10:46:04 pm »
And of course, he's 100% correct.

Apparently, not 100%, because a judge signed off on this warrant.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 10:47:39 pm »

And as a result, they didn't "break into the office" of Michael Cohen.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online DB

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 10:47:46 pm »
I think you’re mistaken. When he first came to office, and not knowing anyone in Washington circles, Trump relied heavily on long time Washington hands and seasoned professionals like Reince Priebus [sic] to advise him on WH staffing. We’ve all seen how that went.

But, Trump recently let it be known that going forward he will be relying on his own instincts to select who to hire, so we should be seeing more folks loyal to the president and, well, less swampy.

Sorry, buy you're just making my case. Trump didn't know better isn't an excuse. Especially for someone claiming he was going to "drain the swamp". He chose the top swamp creatures to make his appointments. Those top swamp creatures kissed Trumps ring and suddenly they were a-okay. And here we are...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 10:53:58 pm »

Please recall 500 FBI files 'found' in the White House living quarters.

That one little 'story' instilled fear in any thinking person.   Add a 'suicide' here or a murder there...and pretty soon, one could get a 'targeted' person to do just about anything.

...even a freaking secrest FISA judge.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 11:03:40 pm »
Boy, we never saw the Alphabets turn over so many leads and chairs to find dirt on Hillary or Clinton, or Lois Lerner or the Benghazi situation with heavy weapons being sent to what became ISIS after the killing of Ambassador Stephens as we see them doing on Trump.

When an Oligarchy has turned Alphabets into Praetorians - the Republic is over.

Everything at this point forward is orchestrated and manipulated to achieve the effects they intend to impose in the future.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 11:07:46 pm »
Not a lawyer but, if the lawyer is involved with criminal activity with his client, privilege ends.

Don't they have to state what the criminal activity is?  Or is pouring over client privilege in hopes of finding a crime just another acceptable activity in this witch hunt?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 11:08:44 pm »
Boy, we never saw the Alphabets turn over so many leads and chairs to find dirt on Hillary or Clinton, or Lois Lerner or the Benghazi situation with heavy weapons being sent to what became ISIS after the killing of Ambassador Stephens as we see them doing on Trump.

When an Oligarchy has turned Alphabets into Praetorians - the Republic is over.

Everything at this point forward is orchestrated and manipulated to achieve the effects they intend to impose in the future.

What does this mean?

Offline edpc

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 11:08:44 pm »
The formatting on this kind of sucks, but it's the full video of Trump's statement and a short Q&A at the end.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:09:41 pm by edpc »

Online DB

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 11:12:58 pm »
Don't they have to state what the criminal activity is?  Or is pouring over client privilege in hopes of finding a crime just another acceptable activity in this witch hunt?

They likely did to get the warrant. We just aren't privy to it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 11:13:20 pm »
What does this mean?

That you cannot comprehend and understand plain English.

Get the stupid Trump glasses off your face and look at the bigger picture for crying out loud!

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DB

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2018, 11:18:32 pm »
What does this mean?

It means that the various agencies of the federal government have become the protectors of the corrupt Washington elite, particularly the Clintons and Democrats in general. That these agencies have become thoroughly corrupt. The IRS back in 2011 was an early indicator of it. But that was just the tip of the iceberg.

That once a government is this thoroughly corrupt you can't restore the Republic through civil means. It won't allow it.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 11:19:40 pm »

Offline edpc

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2018, 11:19:42 pm »
What does this mean?

In his typical flourishing prose, @INVAR is saying the behind the scenes puppet masters are pulling strings, calling shots, and using the press as their attack dog.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2018, 11:20:28 pm »
That you cannot comprehend and understand plain English. 

Thanks.  I can always count on you to be the principled gentleman.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2018, 11:29:44 pm »
What does this mean?

It means that tomorrow morning, President Trump should send federal marshalls to remove ALL department heads and any special agents whose smart phone texts can't pass muster.

@INVAR is correct.   The FBI/IRS/DOJ/CIA have been thoroughly corrupted.   

You can't get it back using the courts.

But the question for the crude man.....if you please?

What do you think President Trump should do about it?     :shrug:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2018, 11:31:56 pm »
It means that the various agencies of the federal government have become the protectors of the corrupt Washington elite, particularly the Clintons and Democrats in general. That these agencies have become thoroughly corrupt. The IRS back in 2011 was an early indicator of it. But that was just the tip of the iceberg.

That once a government is this thoroughly corrupt you can't restore the Republic through civil means. It won't allow it.

BINGO.

I love it when someone articulates the truth that so many refuse to see or acknowledge because it's too scary to contemplate.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2018, 11:32:53 pm »

I would like to see a copy of that warrant.  The reason for the search and the objects targeted by the search would be listed on it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2018, 11:34:03 pm »
BINGO.

I love it when someone articulates the truth that so many refuse to see or acknowledge because it's too scary to contemplate.

Where does he go from here?

You're the POTUS under these circumstances.   There's no 'right or wrong' answer, @INVAR

Tell us how you could save our Republic...under any means.