Author Topic: MSNBC's Joy Reid: What If Trump Refuses To Be Arrested By Federal Marshals?  (Read 3313 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

MSNBC's Joy Reid: What If Trump Refuses To Be Arrested By Federal Marshals?
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date April 8, 2018

Sunday on her weekend morning program, MSNBC's Joy Reid seriously discussed a situation where President Trump refused a subpoena and would have to be arrested and put in jail until he testified before a grand jury. Reid envisioned a scenario of a White House besieged by federal marshals who would wait for Trump to give the Secret Service a stand down order so he could be taken into custody.

"Let's say that Donald Trump decides he doesn't want to give an interview with Mueller, but Mueller says 'Oh, but you will.' And he's subpoenaed to [be] interview[ed] [by] Robert Mueller. And Donald Trump simply says, 'I don't recognize that subpoena.' This is a president whose behavior is different as president of the United States. He doesn't follow convention. Who would force him to comply with the subpoena ordering him to do an interview with Robert Mueller?" Reid asked.

"It would be a federal court judge," former Watergate prosecutor Nick Akerman said.

"How would they enforce it?" she asked.

more
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/04/08/msnbc_joy_reid_what_if_trump_refuses_to_be_arrested_by_federal_marshals.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I bet her panties got all moist just reading that.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
We're still waiting for the IRS and FBI and the other Alphabets to comply with requests to turn over information in regards to Hillary Clinton and the efforts to sabotage an incoming presidential administration.

So at best - Reid's masturbatory fantasy is just that, a masturbatory fantasy.

But it does illustrate the fact that our days as a united Republic are over.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Donald Trump simply says, 'I don't recognize that subpoena.'

I've never met or talked to that subpoena.  That doesn't seem like the type of subpoena I'd be attracted to, believe me.  I don't know anything about money for that subpeona.  Talk to Michael Cohen.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
According to my amateur research no sitting President has ever been forced to testify as a target of a criminal investigation.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Concerned

According to my amateur research no sitting President has ever been forced to testify as a target of a criminal investigation.

Doesn’t the 5th Amendment prevent any of us from being “forced to testify as a target of a criminal investigation”?
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Doesn’t the 5th Amendment prevent any of us from being “forced to testify as a target of a criminal investigation”?
Trump has the right to remain silent and to take the 5th, but he doesn't have the ability.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Victoria33

If forced to show up in Mueller's office or before a grand jury, he should take the 5th and not be questioned.  He cannot tell the truth as he doesn't know what that is; it changes for him every minute.  If he takes the 5th, they either charge him with a crime or not.

Offline thackney

Trump has the right to remain silent and to take the 5th, but he doesn't have the ability.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Concerned

If forced to show up in Mueller's office or before a grand jury, he should take the 5th and not be questioned.  He cannot tell the truth as he doesn't know what that is; it changes for him every minute.  If he takes the 5th, they either charge him with a crime or not.

I agree.  If subpoenaed to testify, I think he'd be a fool to testify.  He should definitely take the 5th Amendment IMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If the Marshals wouldn't slap the cuffs on the likes of Eric Holder for being in Contempt I very seriously doubt they would do it for Trump...especially with no real good reason no matter what the Liberals imagine he's done.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

@Victoria33
So its the fact that he's been so open about his immorality that makes you dislike him.   If he kept it hidden like so many other Presidents and election officials then you'd be ok with it?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I have become familiar with this type of Liberal journalism/libel. Liberals are experts at making an accusation or a declaration of fact in the form of a question.

"Is Donald Trump a pedophile?"
"Does Donald Trump have ties to far-Right Nazi groups?"

The implication in these types of questions is the idea of uncertainty. Is Trump a pedophile? We simply don't know? All of this is based on pure blue-sky conjecture with absolutely nothing to back it up. Just like the interview Reid did described in the article.

"What if President Trump is a real space alien?"
"What will happen if he denies he is a space alien?"

Liberals are immature lunatics as proven here. I can't believe that the other members of the panel allowed themselves to be made into fools by participating in this juvenile nonsense.

What if this? And then what if that? And then what if....
Pure bullshit. All of it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33
So its the fact that he's been so open about his immorality that makes you dislike him.   If he kept it hidden like so many other Presidents and election officials then you'd be ok with it?
@driftdriver

I don't dislike him; I think he has a personality disorder and doesn't know what is true and what isn't. This is about Mueller, not some woman thing, however if it was about a woman, he shouldn't answer questions about that, either.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
"What if President Trump is a real space alien?"
"What will happen if he denies he is a space alien?"

Liberals are immature lunatics as proven here. I can't believe that the other members of the panel allowed themselves to be made into fools by participating in this juvenile nonsense.

What if this? And then what if that? And then what if....
Pure bullshit. All of it.

Yes, but that is irrelevant.  The only thing that matters is establishing the narrative so as to shape the acceptance in the minds of the emoting public, what the Oligarchy and the Left intend to do.

We have already seen the success the media arm of the Left has wrought in destroying people and candidates with such tactics.  And the zeitgeist of shaping what the public is permitted to see, read and hear is already underway with the full assistance and cooperation of the digital and social media giants in concert with the Leftists in government that would make Mussolini proud.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

@driftdriver

I don't dislike him; I think he has a personality disorder and doesn't know what is true and what isn't. This is about Mueller, not some woman thing, however if it was about a woman, he shouldn't answer questions about that, either.

@Victoria33
Don't we all of disorders of some type or another.  For example I get extremely stressed out talking about politics and dealing with people who don't offer any solutions.  It makes me rude at times.

How is this about Mueller?   Its about Trump, everything is about Trump.  Either its his fault or its gonna be.  because, ya know, he has committed sins and stuff

Offline aligncare

Amazing that Donald Trump was able to make billions of dollars – twice in his life, run a huge corporation with worldwide holdings and 500 entities AND, as a political novice, win the presidency.

Not bad for a crazy dude.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Amazing that Donald Trump was able to make billions of dollars – twice in his life, run a huge corporation with worldwide holdings and 500 entities AND, as a political novice, win the presidency.

Not bad for a crazy dude.

It helps when you have so many people willing to ignore the obvious and sacrifice their principals to help someone like Trump get elected.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline driftdiver

It helps when you have so many people willing to ignore the obvious and sacrifice their principals to help someone like Trump get elected.

@txradioguy
Its posts like this that make this place a really really tough place to stomach.

Pure unadulterated bullshite

but I guess you're better then everyone else

Offline musiclady

If the Marshals wouldn't slap the cuffs on the likes of Eric Holder for being in Contempt I very seriously doubt they would do it for Trump...especially with no real good reason no matter what the Liberals imagine he's done.

^^^ This ^^^

Ain't gonna happen........ even if there WERE cause............ which there isn't.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy
Its posts like this that make this place a really really tough place to stomach.

Pure unadulterated bullshite

but I guess you're better then everyone else

@driftdiver I was merely responding to the "Pure unadulterated bullshite" of the previous post that really had nothing to do with the topic.

I guess you think it should be 100% positive Donny all the time.

However a couple posts above I did make a relevant to the topic post if you'd like to reference that one instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Couldn't the same be said for people who voted Bush II into office?

Offline aligncare

I think it should be 100% positive Donny all the time. Anything wrong with that?

Offline mountaineer

While Joy is busy with all the "what ifs," maybe she should imagine a scenario where men in white coats come to take her away.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

While Joy is busy with all the "what ifs," maybe she should imagine a scenario where men in white coats come to take her away.

888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.