Author Topic: Astonishing California bill would shut down free speech, require fact-checkers  (Read 431 times)

Offline Hoodat

Astonishing California bill would shut down free speech, require fact-checkers

by Jon Rappoport   |   April 9, 2018

California used to be trumpeted as the cutting edge of American culture.

It still is, except the culture is now all about censoring free speech.

California Senator Richard Pan, who was behind the infamous 2015 law mandating vaccinations for schoolchildren (SB277), has stepped up to the plate and introduced another bill.

This one would clamp down on criticism of ANY Official Story.

The bill is titled “SB1424 Internet: social media: false information: strategic plan.”

It targets social media based in California. But as you read the bill, you see it appears to define social media as any Internet blog, website, or communication.

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2018/04/09/california-bill-would-shut-down-free-speech/

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
DEMOCRATS ARE PATRIOTS
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The way things are going, California is going to break off in 10 to 20 years. Then China will invade them as payment for our debt.
The Republic is lost.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The way things are going, California is going to break off in 10 to 20 years. Then China will invade them as payment for our debt.

The chinamen will feel like it's home away from home when the hit the bay area and most of Cali.  The ist thing they will need to do is repeal all those pesky smoking laws though. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Let's try it on the California politicians first, starting with Moonbeam, his AG, Pelosi, Feinstein, Harris, etc.