Author Topic: Syria Says Suspected U.S. Missiles Fired At Airbase; Washington Denies Strike  (Read 1191 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian state TV said there were casualties in what it said was a suspected U.S. missile attack on a major air base in central Syria but the United States denied it had launched any air strikes against the country.

The state broadcaster earlier said explosions were heard at the T-4 airfield near Homs, which is close to the ancient city of Palmyra in central Syria.

A Syrian military source was quoted as saying air defenses shot down eight missiles fired at the base, where defense analysts say there are large deployments of Russian forces, and where jets fly regular sorties to strike rebel-held areas.

The state broadcaster said there were several dead and wounded.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/missiles-attack-airfield-homs-syrian-tv-014918239.html
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:04:24 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

Syria and Russia are now saying it was Israel:

"The Russian and Syrian military on Monday said Israeli war planes carried out missile strikes on a Syrian air base, hours after U.S. President Donald Trump warned of a “big price to pay” following reports of a poison gas attack on a rebel-held town."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria/syria-russia-say-israeli-war-planes-carried-out-strike-on-syrian-air-base-idUSKBN1HG0D8
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yay, the US defeated the Nazis.

EDPC I see is posting world stories basically in the national news section.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Not really.  It's relevant to a) Current events and b) National News because the U.S. is involved.

Think before you speak.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Syria and Russia are now saying it was Israel:

"The Russian and Syrian military on Monday said Israeli war planes carried out missile strikes on a Syrian air base, hours after U.S. President Donald Trump warned of a “big price to pay” following reports of a poison gas attack on a rebel-held town."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria/syria-russia-say-israeli-war-planes-carried-out-strike-on-syrian-air-base-idUSKBN1HG0D8

The IDF has a history of asking forgiveness rather than permission in the region when their security could be at risk.  Only time I've seen them stand down in recent memory was when the U.S. refused to give them the IFF codes when they scrambled fighters after the first Scud Missile attacks during the 1991 Iraq war.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline edpc

The headline and story content was of a national news/current events nature at the time of posting.  Now, the link source info has been updated.  Had the information about Israel’s involvement been included and know at the time of posting, I’d have put it in the world section, you glans.

Offline edpc

The IDF has a history of asking forgiveness rather than permission in the region when their security could be at risk.  Only time I've seen them stand down in recent memory was when the U.S. refused to give them the IFF codes when they scrambled fighters after the first Scud Missile attacks during the 1991 Iraq war.

Who knows what communication or conversation may have taken place yesterday.  Assuming they did this without prior notification, I’m sure there have been some terse ones between the US and Israel since last night.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:59:07 pm by edpc »

Offline edpc

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump plans to confer with senior military leaders Monday, after he threatened a "big price to pay" for a suspected poison gas attack in Syria that killed women and children.

Trump was set to get a briefing and have dinner with military leaders. Monday is the first day on the job for his new national security adviser, John Bolton, who has previously advocated significant airstrikes against Syria.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-weighs-response-sick-syria-attack-042644844--politics.html

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Who knows what communication or conversation may have taken place yesterday.  Assuming they did this without prior notification, I’m sure there have been some terse ones between the US and Israel since last night.

Either that or we knew about it and gave them the green light.

Offline edpc

I’d like to think so, considering our assets in the area would be at risk for retaliation.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I’d like to think so, considering our assets in the area would be at risk for retaliation.

IMHO...at some point we'll learn one of our AWACS planes...either a Navy E2C Hawkeye or an Air Force E-3 Sentry played traffic cop for those IDF planes.

Offline edpc

IMHO...at some point we'll learn one of our AWACS planes...either a Navy E2C Hawkeye or an Air Force E-3 Sentry played traffic cop for those IDF planes.

For all we know, this may have been a preplanned rain by Israel. They have struck this facility before and Iranians are known to be stationed there.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Suits me, I have more honor than to accuse people of things they didn't say. If those who hate the president can only strike out in this way, so be it. Same thing with those whose arguments rely on anecdote and saying other people are lying. If that be their penalty to debate, so be it.

"Yay, we beat Imperial Japan".  **nononono*

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Suits me, I have more honor than to accuse people of things they didn't say. If those who hate the president can only strike out in this way, so be it. Same thing with those whose arguments rely on anecdote and saying other people are lying. If that be their penalty to debate, so be it.

"Yay, we beat Imperial Japan".  **nononono*

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Probably.  After all this isn't the former MIC Jew hating admin.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."