Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Morocco threatens Algeria with intervention in Western Sahara  (Read 396 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
EXCLUSIVE: Morocco threatens Algeria with intervention in Western Sahara
Nefis Khider
Saturday 7 April 2018 14:17 UTC

ALGIERS - Morocco has informed Algeria through diplomatic channels that it will intervene militarily in Western Sahara if Sahrawi forces do not withdraw from the area east of the defensive wall, an Algerian diplomatic source told Middle East Eye.

According to the source, Rabat used the ambassador of a European country as an intermediary in Algiers to deliver the message.

On Sunday, Morocco alerted the UN Security Council following incursions by the Polisario Front into the northeastern Western Sahara town of Mahbes, in violation of the 1991 military agreement setting up a buffer zone.

Read more at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/algeria-polisario-1953759530

That's kind of interesting. Something to keep an eye on.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@TomSea  Where do you fall on the question of self-determination?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@TomSea  Where do you fall on the question of self-determination?

@LauraTXNM

I will be honest... and say, I can't answer that. That is a fascinating discussion question that I'm sure, there would be a proper forum for such discussion here.  Maybe some here might really know how to answer that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-determination

Thank you for your question.  A good one.

I believe in democracy... but say, in a place like Egypt, that election installed the Muslim Brotherhood and that caused a lot of hardship.