Author Topic: 380 sheriffs across 40 U.S. states urge Trump to build a border wall to stop the flood of drug-runni  (Read 983 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

380 sheriffs across 40 U.S. states urge Trump to build a border wall to stop the flood of drug-running illegals

Wednesday, April 04, 2018 by Robert Jonathan

Nearly 400 sheriffs from around the country who are affiliated with the National Sheriffs’ Association are calling upon Congress to pass legislation that will at long last secure the southern border. Among the recommendations, the sheriffs want barriers to be constructed at the border along with upgrades to current fencing. They also propose that visas be put on hold for countries that lack adequate vetting and demand an end to sanctuary jurisdictions which are noncompliant with federal immigration law, particularly when it comes to detaining violent illegal alien felons.

“Year after year, we have been warning the Federal government about detrimental increases in transnational drug trafficking, gang violence, sex trafficking, murder, and other escalating incidents of crime by illegal aliens entering our country. Because Congress has failed to enact the necessary reforms, our citizens and legal residents face even greater dangers, our national security is more vulnerable, and our enforcement efforts have been seriously compromised,” the letter asserts.

http://www.conservative.news/2018-04-04-380-sheriffs-urge-trump-to-build-a-border-wall-to-stop-the-flood-of-drug-running-illegals.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I would hope that more sheriffs would get on board with this, as right now they represent about 8% of sheriffs around the country.  Trump has made the promise.  He has the constitutional authority to defend this country and IMHO I think he could tap into monies from discretionary funds to get it built, yet here we sit.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I would hope that more sheriffs would get on board with this, as right now they represent about 8% of sheriffs around the country.  Trump has made the promise.  He has the constitutional authority to defend this country and IMHO I think he could tap into monies from discretionary funds to get it built, yet here we sit.

We can't maintain a National Guard presence on the border forever.  Its a show with neutered Guard are not allowed to be armed.  Sounds like a show to me.  Not a show of force as needed for an invasion.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:02:45 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
We can't maintain a National Guard presence on the border forever.  Its a show with neutered Guard are not allowed to be armed.  Sounds like a show to me.

I'm not so sure that I believe that the hands of the National Guard will be tied, if they are, then it is indeed a show, and if indeed it is a show, then Trump has absolutely no intention of building a wall.  Congress has approved $$ allocated to the DHS where discretionary monies are sitting.  Why can't he declare a national emergency and use those funds?  Perhaps he still has to get authorization to use funds?  Stating that he was going to build a wall won him the presidency, obviously, but Congress has told him no.  I don't see it getting built; especially if the GOP loses the mid terms.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We can't maintain a National Guard presence on the border forever.  ....

Why not?  We keep our military in the Middle East, Germany and South Korea forever.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:05:59 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Why not?  We keep our military in the Middle East forever.
And in Germany, Japan, South Korea, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

And in Germany, Japan, South Korea, etc.

I just added two of these to my post.   ^-^

Offline Chosen Daughter

I'm not so sure that I believe that the hands of the National Guard will be tied, if they are, then it is indeed a show, and if indeed it is a show, then Trump has absolutely no intention of building a wall.  Congress has approved $$ allocated to the DHS where discretionary monies are sitting.  Why can't he declare a national emergency and use those funds?  Perhaps he still has to get authorization to use funds?  Stating that he was going to build a wall won him the presidency, obviously, but Congress has told him no.  I don't see it getting built; especially if the GOP loses the mid terms.

I guess we will see as the troops are deployed to the border.  Build the wall!  That is what the people wanted and voted for.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Why not?  We keep our military in the Middle East, Germany and South Korea forever.

Until or through September.  They should build the wall while they are there.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Here is the story from Military News.

AUSTIN, Texas -- Defense Secretary James Mattis on Friday night approved funding for up to 4,000 National Guard troops for duty along the border with Mexico. The Pentagon will pay for the operation through the end of September.

A Defense Department memo said the Guard members will not perform law enforcement functions or “interact with migrants or other persons detained” without Mattis’s approval. It said “arming will be limited to circumstances that might require self-defense,” but it did not further define that.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/04/06/arizona-texas-send-400-troops-border-after-trumps-call.html

How could you define that?  How are they going to know if there is going to be a circumstance requiring self-defense?  And if they won't interact what are they there for?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 05:36:59 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Here is the story from Military News.

AUSTIN, Texas -- Defense Secretary James Mattis on Friday night approved funding for up to 4,000 National Guard troops for duty along the border with Mexico. The Pentagon will pay for the operation through the end of September.

A Defense Department memo said the Guard members will not perform law enforcement functions or “interact with migrants or other persons detained” without Mattis’s approval. It said “arming will be limited to circumstances that might require self-defense,” but it did not further define that.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/04/06/arizona-texas-send-400-troops-border-after-trumps-call.html

How could you define that?  How are they going to know if there is going to be a circumstance requiring self-defense?  And if they won't interact what are they there for?

Oh, with Mexico deporting 400 of the latest 'Caravan' gate crashers I'd say just the Nat Guard show alone is worth sending them.

If it gets nasty I'd bet the local LEOs have adequate stockpiles of military small arms to pass out in the hot spots.

Yes, it'd be reassuring to see them all armed, BUT, big but, remember the blowback as far back as Kent State when they started shooting.

We're worried about the midterms?

Let the Guard shoot a few Illegals, especially if they're trucking in children, and we can kiss 2018 and the WH in 2020 Adios.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Chosen Daughter

Oh, with Mexico deporting 400 of the latest 'Caravan' gate crashers I'd say just the Nat Guard show alone is worth sending them.

If it gets nasty I'd bet the local LEOs have adequate stockpiles of military small arms to pass out in the hot spots.

Yes, it'd be reassuring to see them all armed, BUT, big but, remember the blowback as far back as Kent State when they started shooting.

Let the Guard shoot a few Illegals, especially if they're trucking in children, and we can kiss 2018 and the WH in 2020 Adios.

Plenty of violent crime on the border.  I still don't understand if you are in a situation how you can afford to get permission?  Nobody wants troops to shoot at unarmed illegals.  That is why our military is highly trained. 

I can see that politics are in play at least in your response. 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Plenty of violent crime on the border.  I still don't understand if you are in a situation how you can afford to get permission?  Nobody wants troops to shoot at unarmed illegals.  That is why our military is highly trained. 

I can see that politics are in play at least in your response.

We do not live in a perfect either/or world.

And I would Still rather see the Guard openly armed.

But I am not the one making this call. I am not the one in possession of daily Presidential Intel Briefings.

Guns are WAYYY Illegal in Mexico and the Guard isn't there to stop an open Invasion by the Drug Cartels who are armed to the teeth.

Most of these Border Jumpers aren't packing heat and the Cartels who are know as well as anyone else that now is not the time to run tons of product  across the border. They know the Guard will leave at some point.

And this isn't the be all end all End of Trump's interest in Border Control.

There may very well be sterner measures to come, especially when and if Armed jumpers go back to business as usual when the Guard does leave.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
To-Whose wrote:
"And I would Still rather see the Guard openly armed."

I sense that after an "incident" or two, the initial policy that the Guard not be armed... may be... modified.

I guess we will see as the troops are deployed to the border.  Build the wall!  That is what the people wanted and voted for.

I sure hope you're hollering at Congress and not me.   :laugh:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Whoa.  Wait a minute here.  So ... it's ok if illegals come in and murder, rape, kidnap and beat our citizens, but we stop an illegal with firepower defending our country and its citizens and we can kiss 2018 good-bye?  B.S.  I certainly don't see it that way.  I'm sick and tired of our citizens being targets and nothing is done.  I'm sick and tired of our politicians allowing the invasion that this country continues to experience.

It is absolutely sickening that so many Americans don't recognize the ramifications of the invasion that has taken place, nor do they realize that  our politicians aren't doing a darn thing.  That goes for those on both sides of the aisle.