Author Topic: Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria  (Read 11128 times)

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria
« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2018, 02:45:25 am »
@Hoodat
I agree with much of what you said.  And you're right, we should mourn for all the people murdered by Hussein, and the other dictators in the ME, and all the soldiers who have died there.  My son wants to serve in the Marines like his great-grandfather, and I'm afraid this will all still be happening for decades.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2018, 02:50:01 am »
Syrian state media said they were suspected to be U.S. strikes but U.S. officials said that the U.S. military had not launched air strikes.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-meast-crisis-syria-airfield/missiles-attack-air-base-in-homs-province-syrian-state-tv-idUSKBN1HG04Q
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #177 on: April 09, 2018, 02:59:03 am »
   Sounds like a good poll question: Who hate's Bush more @jpsb or @sneakypete?

@corbe

Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2018, 03:00:11 am »
Don't forget to include Aligncare.  He likes Clinton more than he likes Bush.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2018, 03:00:44 am »
P.S. I owe everyone an apology for saying that World War II was a huge waste.  It was unworthy of all the people who fought and died there.  It just seems like we learned nothing from all that destruction and waste and are doomed to repeat it.  I don't know what's going to become of us.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #180 on: April 09, 2018, 03:08:30 am »
P.S. I owe everyone an apology for saying that World War II was a huge waste.  It was unworthy of all the people who fought and died there.  It just seems like we learned nothing from all that destruction and waste and are doomed to repeat it.  I don't know what's going to become of us.

I am an avid WWII nut.  Earlier this evening, I was watching some show on one of the history channels about how Stalin played FDR at Yalta.  Stalin was brilliant.  Churchhill was furious.  And FDR was a complete idiot.  Instead of FDR standing with Churchhill, he relished the role of playing the role of power broker between the two.

WWII was the epitome of the Greatest Generation.  But selling out Poland and giving Stalin everything after the war was inexcusable.  At least Tito had balls.

And on the other front, Mao won out, enabling him to kill 40 million Chinese citizens while we did nothing.

But I understood what you were trying to say, Laura.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2018, 10:25:14 am »
Obama removed troops from Iraq because the previous administration had already made the agreement.

@LauraTXNM

False. Try again.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #182 on: April 09, 2018, 12:03:05 pm »

You are engaged in slander. Just so’s you know.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2018, 12:13:33 pm »
You are engaged in slander. Just so’s you know.

Don't like it when your tactics are turned on you eh?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2018, 01:16:08 pm »
Don't like it when your tactics are turned on you eh?

What the heck are you talking about? Clarify with example, please.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #185 on: April 09, 2018, 01:20:58 pm »
What the heck are you talking about? Clarify with example, please.

There's not enough time...space on this post or bandwidth to list all the times you jump into comment on an article posted on here and the first words anyone reads on their screens is either "#nevertrumpers" or some version of that verbiage.

Don't act innocent.  No one here would buy that act anyway. 

Offline MOD3

« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2018, 01:40:28 pm »
What part of the "don't make personal attacks" do you not understand?

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2018, 03:19:27 pm »
Is this your post?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,310694.msg1650452.html#msg1650452

Yes.

Personal morality has never been correlated with how a president carries out his responsibilities of office nor to his wisdom in applying the correct actions to benefit the American people.

Examples, Bill Clinton. Personally immoral, yet his actions in office benefited society, such as welfare reform and balanced budgets that resulted in strong economic growth of around 4% annually. George W, a personally moral man, yet he ran yearly budget deficits and increased debt 100% and also oversaw the formation of massive bureaucracies that added to the permanent government (ie. Deep State).

Stating the public record is not akin to liking “Bill Clinton more than he liked George Bush.”

Not that I need to, but, for the record: I despised Clinton and for eight years instituted a news blackout of anything “Clinton” in my house.

Conversely, I donated to George W Bush, voted for him twice and supported his presidency fully for eight years.

You slandered me, Hoodat

Offline MOD3

« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2018, 03:26:11 pm »
Allrighty then, let us try it this way:  Stop making it personal!  This is a warning.  Attack the article, not each other.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2018, 03:28:55 pm »
Using the definition of "slander",
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation
, the only people that can be slandered on TBR, or any other internet forum, are those that use their actual names when posting.

The rest of us who post using "handles" or code names cannot have their reputations damaged, thanks to the anonymity of our handles.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #191 on: April 09, 2018, 03:31:01 pm »
Allrighty then, let us try it this way:  Stop making it personal!  This is a warning.  Attack the article, not each other.

@MOD3 , you aren't getting paid enough...lol. The good news is there's only 35 months to go in the current administration.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #192 on: April 09, 2018, 03:31:05 pm »

<>

Take it offline.  MOD3
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:35:19 pm by MOD3 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #193 on: April 09, 2018, 06:10:26 pm »
I am an avid WWII nut.  Earlier this evening, I was watching some show on one of the history channels about how
Stalin played FDR at Yalta.  Stalin was brilliant.  Churchhill was furious.  And FDR was a complete idiot.

@Hoodat

Of course King Franklin was an idiot.  He was a devout leftist that admired his "Uncle Joe",and got wood at the thought of getting a pat on the head from him.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 06:15:43 pm by sneakypete »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #194 on: April 09, 2018, 06:12:17 pm »
Flashback after the last Syria strike:

Now Mattis Admits There Was No Evidence Assad Used Poison Gas On His People

Lost in the hyper-politicized hullabaloo surrounding the Nunes Memorandum and the Steele Dossier was the striking statement by Secretary of Defense James Mattis that the U.S. has “no evidence” that the Syrian government used the banned nerve agent Sarin against its own people.
This assertion flies in the face of the White House (NSC) Memorandum which was rapidly produced and declassified to justify an American Tomahawk missile strike against the Shayrat airbase in Syria.....

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/now-mattis-admits-no-evidence-164438656.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #195 on: April 09, 2018, 06:12:53 pm »

@Hoodat

Yeah,like there is a difference. It's like saying "I like six better than I like a half-dozen."

Offline aligncare

« Reply #196 on: April 09, 2018, 06:36:27 pm »
@Hoodat

Yeah,like there is a difference. It's like saying "I like six better than I like a half-dozen."

I hated Bill Clinton as my posting history clearly shows. But, it’s the internet. So with some people, whose nose got out of joint, anything goes...

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #197 on: April 09, 2018, 07:17:55 pm »
Jeeze... how about this everyone.

If you have to use 'you' or another member name in a post- don't make that post. If it is a public person or policy, it is fair game.

In other words, say this:

XYZ politician is a poopyhead and is wrong.

Don't say this:

ABC member is a big poopyhead because they believe XYZ politician.

Offline corbe

« Reply #198 on: April 09, 2018, 09:04:42 pm »
   Brilliant @AbaraXas once I figured that out I cut my timeout's in half!!!! I tried upping my monthly donation to no avail.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #199 on: April 09, 2018, 09:08:20 pm »
   Brilliant @AbaraXas once I figured that out I cut my timeout's in half!!!! I tried upping my monthly donation to no avail.

Too bad I don't run the joint.  My policy is "Bribes are cheerfully accepted!"  :patriot:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: