Author Topic: Trump After Chemical Attack: Russia ‘Responsible’ For Backing Syria  (Read 1729 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
President Trump on Sunday had strong words for Russian President Vladimir Putin following what he called a "mindless chemical attack in Syria."

"Many dead, including women and children, in mindless CHEMICAL attack in Syria. Area of atrocity is in lockdown and encircled by Syrian Army, making it completely inaccessible to outside world," Trump tweeted.

"President Putin, Russia and Iran are responsible for backing Animal Assad. Big price to pay. Open area immediately for medical help and verification. Another humanitarian disaster for no reason whatsoever. SICK!"

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/382143-trump-rips-putin-iran-for-backing-assad-after-alleged-chemical-attack
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 02:48:58 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

I look forward to seeing what the "big price to pay" that this Administration will actually place on Putin/Russia and Assad/Syria.   
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I look forward to seeing what the "big price to pay" that this Administration will actually place on Putin/Russia and Assad/Syria.

Probably a Twitter hash tag.

Offline edpc

Trump puts blame on Obama after alleged chemical attack in Syria

"If President Obama had crossed his stated Red Line In The Sand, the Syrian disaster would have ended long ago! Animal Assad would have been history!" Trump tweeted, referring to Syrian President Bashar Assad.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/382145-trump-puts-blame-on-obama-after-alleged-chemical-attack-in-syria

Trump adviser: I wouldn't take anything off the table on response to alleged Syria chemical attack

President Trump’s homeland security adviser said Sunday it’s possible the U.S. could hit Syria with a missile attack or other military action following reports of another chemical attack on its citizens.

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/382146-trump-adviser-on-response-to-syria-chemical-attack-i-wouldnt-take

There are many failures under previous administrations, such as the Kerry agreement with Syria to dismantle their chemical weapons program.  However, they’re not in power anymore and the responsibility now lies with Trump.  Speaking of red lines, we heard this almost exactly one year ago...

President Donald Trump on Wednesday said the recent chemical weapons attack in Syria “crossed many, many lines” for him, and he said his attitude toward Syria and President Bashar Assad had “changed very much” as a result.

“It crossed a lot of lines for me,” Trump told reporters during a news conference at the White House with the king of Jordan. “When you kill innocent children, innocent babies, babies, little babies, with a chemical gas that is so lethal ... that crosses many, many lines, beyond a red line. Many, many lines.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/trump-chemical-attacks-in-syria-crossed-many-many-lines-236920

If this is proven to be a second chemical attack by Assad on his watch, it’s time to put up or shut up.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 02:30:34 pm by edpc »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

I would think so.  I haven't heard you commend them on defeating ISIS or stopping the nuclear threats from North Korea.

Offline TomSea

Syria is run by the Alawite minority. It seems like it would be difficult for them to ever be the righteous leaders of Syria, they have elections but those seem to be along the lines of those in North Korea.

Offline Concerned

I would think so.  I haven't heard you commend them on defeating ISIS or stopping the nuclear threats from North Korea.

Perhaps you should listen a little more carefully then @TomSea :

I think Trump deserves all the credit in the world for freeing up our military to truly go after ISIS.  I think he's proven what many of us suspected: that the Rules of Engagement placed upon our military under Obama was too stringent and too restrictive for them to truly to successful.  Good for him!

On Trump returning North Korea to the list of State Sponsors of Terror:

Good decision by the President.  As he said:  "This designation will impose further sanctions and penalties on North Korea ... and supports our maximum pressure campaign to isolate the murderous regime.”
 :thumbsup:

Again on the battle against ISIS noting winning the battle is a “big deal”:
I may be perceived as one of those, and although I’ve praised him previously about the way he has leveraged the military in it’s attack against ISIS, this is indeed a big deal, and I’ll quote myself to give additional credit to the President:
I think Trump deserves all the credit in the world for freeing up our military to truly go after ISIS.  I think he's proven what many of us suspected: that the Rules of Engagement placed upon our military under Obama was too stringent and too restrictive for them to truly to successful.  Good for him!

When he actually "stops the nuclear threat from North Korea", I'll gladly commend the Administration on that too but he hasn't "stopped" it yet.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 02:36:40 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

Syria is run by the Alawite minority. It seems like it would be difficult for them to ever be the righteous leaders of Syria, they have elections but those seem to be along the lines of those in North Korea.

They’re a minority dynasty supported by Iran and Russia.  This type of crackdown is nothing new.  Assad’s father brutally crushed an uprising in the early 80s.

Offline TomSea

Getting the red letter treatment at Drudge Report, "Trump Threatens Animal Assad".

Even if I were one of those Dubya supporters who didn't like Trump, that a lot of the problems over there were caused by his successor, withdrawing troops from Iraq against the words of his generals and advisors like Pineda, ISIS rises up, causes mayhem throughout the region, I would be thankful that the Trump administration, even if it means Trump got out of the way and let the military do their job, that ISIS has been defeated because of the coalition and mainly our Kurdish allies on the ground. There is hardly any way around this. The invasion was in '03, a few years later, the 'Surge' worked.

Offline edpc

Getting the red letter treatment at Drudge Report, "Trump Threatens Animal Assad".

Even if I were one of those Dubya supporters who didn't like Trump, that a lot of the problems over there were caused by his successor, withdrawing troops from Iraq against the words of his generals and advisors like Pineda, ISIS rises up, causes mayhem throughout the region, I would be thankful that the Trump administration, even if it means Trump got out of the way and let the military do their job, that ISIS has been defeated because of the coalition and mainly our Kurdish allies on the ground. There is hardly any way around this. The invasion was in '03, a few years later, the 'Surge' worked.

Yay.  ISIS has been run out of Syria.  So, now, we have Turkey in Syria attacking Kurds, Iran in Syria building bases and moving arms to be used against Israel, Assad using chemical weapons on the population, Russian mercenaries attacking US forces, and North Korea building another possible WMD facility there.  Yet, within the past two weeks, we've had the president saying we're almost done there?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 03:21:41 pm by edpc »

Offline TomSea

Trump has had to try to fix North Korea and the Middle East, after the irresponsible actions of Clinton, Bush and Obama.  Arguing against this, arguing against defeating ISIS, arguing against tranquilizing a threatening North Korea makes me think against some saying about a "box of rocks".

This thread is about "Trump After Chemical Attack", note, this is not some topic about "conservative principles" but really about "foreign policy", any other talk should be seen as that way, off-topic.

Offline edpc

Trump has had to try to fix North Korea and the Middle East, after the irresponsible actions of Clinton, Bush and Obama.  Arguing against this, arguing against defeating ISIS, arguing against tranquilizing a threatening North Korea makes me think against some saying about a "box of rocks".

This thread is about "Trump After Chemical Attack", note, this is not some topic about "conservative principles" but really about "foreign policy", any other talk should be seen as that way, off-topic.

Then perhaps, as resident petrologist, you should stop bringing up ISIS in every Syria thread.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:11:16 pm by edpc »

Offline TomSea

Yay.  ISIS has been run out of Syria.  So, now, we have Turkey in Syria attacking Kurds, Iran in Syria building bases and moving arms to be used against Israel, Assad using chemical weapons on the population, Russian mercenaries attacking US forces, and North Korea building another possible WMD facility there.  Yet, within the past two weeks, we've had the president saying we're almost done there?

"Yay", wow, I'm to debate over this kind of reasoning?

If the biggest killer and persecutor of Christians doesn't bother you that much, I don't think there is much to be discussed.

Offline TomSea

Then perhaps, as resident petrologist, you should stop bringing up ISIS in every Syria thread,

:silly:

Don't bring up ISIS in a thread about Syria? Wow.  I know what was said by Arne last time about this kind of reasoning.

Online Right_in_Virginia

... stop bringing up ISIS in every Syria thread,

Why should anyone stop bringing up ISIS?  Defeating ISIS is the reason we entered the Syrian fray.

Offline edpc

"Yay", wow, I'm to debate over this kind of reasoning?

If the biggest killer and persecutor of Christians doesn't bother you that much, I don't think there is much to be discussed.

If it only matters when Christians die, I guess this and the last chemical attack weren't important to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Whatever they do...it better happen in the next six months.

'Trump 'ideally' wants US troops out of Syria within 6 months'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/05/trump-ideally-wants-us-troops-out-syria-within-6-months.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

Why should anyone stop bringing up ISIS?  Defeating ISIS is the reason we entered the Syrian fray.

Have they been run out of Syria or not?  According to Tom, they have.  So, what's the relevance to this chemical attack?

Offline edpc

A lengthy article detailing Russian support for Assad.

How A Secret Russian Airlift Helps Syria's Assad

MOSCOW/KIEV – In a corner of the departures area at Rostov airport in southern Russia, a group of about 130 men, many of them carrying overstuffed military-style rucksacks, lined up at four check-in desks beneath screens that showed no flight number or destination.

When a Reuters reporter asked the men about their destination, one said: "We signed a piece of paper – we're not allowed to say anything. Any minute the boss will come and we'll get into trouble.

“You too," he warned.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/russia-flights/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:45:58 pm by edpc »

Offline edpc

Russia is warning the U.S. against any “military intervention” in Syria over the government's alleged chemical attack against civilians this weekend, saying any such response would be “unacceptable” and lead to the “most serious consequences”.

The foreign ministry in Moscow also says in a statement on its website that allegations of the chemical attack are “fabricated,” suggesting the claims were invented by rebel forces and the Syrian Civil Defense known as the White Helmets.

“It is necessary to warn again that military intervention under invented and fabricated pretexts in Syria, where at the request of the lawful government there are Russian military personnel, is absolutely unacceptable and can lead to the most serious consequences,” the statement reads. “The aim of these false speculations, that have no basis, is to shield the terrorists and the irreconcilable radical opposition, who reject a political solution, at the same time while trying to justify possible armed strikes from outside.”

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/syrias-alleged-chemical-attack-demand-immediate-response-state-133405887--abc-news-topstories.html

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
edpc wrote:
"If it only matters when Christians die, I guess this and the last chemical attack weren't important to you."

Frankly, it wasn't "important" to me.
It only matters to me when Christians or Jews die.
muslims... not so much. In fact, not at all.

There probably isn't much we can -- or SHOULD -- do if muslims in Syria insist on gassing other muslims. They're savages, they don't seem to follow any precepts of civilization (at least "civilization" as we of The West call it), they have no qualms about killing each other in the most gruesome of circumstances.

So... let them.
Indeed, the more of each other they kill, the fewer muslims there are in the world, the BETTER OFF we of The West will be.

Just get the Christians and Jews outta there, and let them have at it.

Offline edpc

Frankly, it wasn't "important" to me.
It only matters to me when Christians or Jews die.
muslims... not so much. In fact, not at all.

Then I guess it won't matter to you when the Kurds get wiped out.  They have enemies on all sides in the ME, are various types of Muslims, but they're the 'wrong' types to their regional opponents.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
edpc wrote:
"Then I guess it won't matter to you when the Kurds get wiped out."

I thought about the Kurds, didn't mention them, however.
I reckon we ought to do what we can -- but there probably isn't much we -can- do, short of starting a full-scale war with Turkey.

I wouldn't mind seeing Turkey destroyed to its foundations, of course.
Then we could rebuild Constantinople as it used to be!

Offline TomSea

At this point, the Kurds won't be wiped out, they are a good part of the populace in Turkey and allegedly, Turkey is going after the terrorist wing, that said, some civilians are getting killed as they are in Yemen and Damascus.  That is a bridge to cross when we come to it.

We walk a tight rope there.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
We have already abandoned the Kurds in Iraq, Turkey, and Syria.  I'm sure they're used to it by now.  Does anyone here actually KNOW any Kurds in Turkey???
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 01:37:59 am by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.