Author Topic: A Third Of Millennials Aren’t Sure The Earth Is Round, Survey Finds  (Read 3313 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I realize that, despite the Tide-pod eaters, the condom snorters, and the flat-earthers, there are many very intelligent millennials.
The thing I worry about millennials is what I perceive as their lack of interest in hard news. While some people celebrate the possible death of much of modern liberal media organs, it seems to me that a very large percentage of millennials don't read any news....liberal, conservative, or moderate.
I'd like to be wrong, but just from observing my millennial step-children, none of them have any interest in reading hard news or even historical accounts/books.  They're not stupid, but they just don't read anything important.

QFT. If you don't know history, history will be repeated. And decadence, misery, war, and death will be the words for their days. And then they will tell us we are the ones that failed to tell them.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

QFT. If you don't know history, history will be repeated. And decadence, misery, war, and death will be the words for their days. And then they will tell us we are the ones that failed to tell them.

Those who don't remember History will be doomed to repeat it.  Those who REMEMBER history are doomed to be dragged into repeating it by the fools who forgot.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Those who don't remember History will be doomed to repeat it.  Those who REMEMBER history are doomed to be dragged into repeating it by the fools who forgot.

The worst of my acts have been adjudicated and are part of the public record. Debts have been paid. Live and learn. Some debts, not of my making, remain unpaid. Drag me back there and there will be no mercy. No mercy--from me.

@sneakypete @Smokin Joe

Those things from the unresolved past don't tear me up so much, thankly, for your advice.

And here is the thing. I actually take to heart and listen to the MEN I know, so when the other kids in my family, nieces and nephews, some I have spent very little time with, call and ask for my advice, I can give them advice. When my father passed in 2014 I asked myself how can I ever be the man he (is). There are the other two thirds of Millenials who get it. My kids do. And there is a lot of nature/nurturing that goes on around here.

But then again, cross that line.

What I am saying is there are enough people, young, smart, and willing, to make the world go round and round.

And there are enough men and women to make sure those kids understand that.

These articles sorta/kinda piss me off. 1/3 don't get it? Don't make the other 2/3rd's pay for it.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline The_Reader_David

Failures of education and public schools, lie with the citizens.

They elect school boards, who in turn run the schools, hire and regulate the teachers and the curriculum.

I think you don't really see where the rot comes from.  The school boards hire and regulate teachers from the pool who are certified, qualified, or whatever name the state legislature gave to those legally allowed to be hired to teach in a public (or in some states in any) school.  These are products of colleges of education, which have been enthralled to Deweyism since the "progressive era" in the early 20th century, and got even worse in the 1960's when on top of that bilge they added all the baleful enthusiasms that are now collectively called "woke".  Until the legislatures of the several states make it possible for people to teach subjects in which they earned degrees, rather than requiring degrees in [blank] education to teach [blank], and require phonics to be used as the basis for reading education, American K-12 education will continue to be complete rubbish.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline NavyCanDo

A prime example of millennials not being able to read an analog clock, walking the beach in Maui today with my 16 year son and seeing some bikini clad girls just his age ahead of us I say to him, "look 12 oklock" and I get huh?,  What do you mean? "  And I ask which way is 12 oklock and he says  he doesn't understand.    22222frying pan
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
A prime example of millennials not being able to read an analog clock, walking the beach in Maui today with my 16 year son and seeing some bikini clad girls just his age ahead of us I say to him, "look 12 oklock" and I get huh?,  What do you mean? "  And I ask which way is 12 oklock and he says  he doesn't understand.    22222frying pan

Looks he he won't have your 6 either! 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Looks he he won't have your 6 either!

I'm just plain worried about the boy.  Walking down a beach in Maui and he has to be alerted to the existence of bikini-clad babes?  He should have been telling Dad where, not the other way around....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

I'm just plain worried about the boy.  Walking down a beach in Maui and he has to be alerted to the existence of bikini-clad babes?  He should have been telling Dad where, not the other way around....

Unless his Mum was with-in shot.   Otherwise It is man code.  Rules that can not be pardoned for breaking.    Father and son bonding over a nubile POA is a law.... Law of Nature!

Offline thackney

In reality, a vast majority of that third probably thought it was an asinine question so they gave a trolling or sarcastic answer.

:thumbsup:
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline NavyCanDo

Oh he does notice and let's me know in other ways, but just doesn't understand this darn clock thing.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Tide Pod effect.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh he does notice and let's me know in other ways, but just doesn't understand this darn clock thing.

I see the problem.  Are kids failing to learn about Analog Clocks?  They are still in widespread use!  Look at any Town Square with a clock, and they're still making them.  I laugh about the manual transmission thing, but this is ridiculous.
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

I see the problem.  Are kids failing to learn about Analog Clocks?  They are still in widespread use!  Look at any Town Square with a clock, and they're still making them.  I laugh about the manual transmission thing, but this is ridiculous.

Well, That would require them to look up......  and away from their I-phone.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, That would require them to look up......  and away from their I-phone.

I think we ought to demand a little of that from the brats.  Chrissakes, we don't ask for much anymore, it seems.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

You just made my day with this post @NavyCanDo

goopo
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Online Trolling Statistics Reveal Almost One Third Of Millennial Americans Admit To Being Internet Trolls

The word is out. According to science, there's a good chance we all probably know an Internet troll. At least, that's the depressing takeaway message to be found in a YouGov poll that reveals around a third of millennial Americans has trolled someone online. And to make it even more depressing, that's just the number of people who will admit (in an admittedly anonymous survey) that they've been rage-inducing, faith-destroying, Internet monsters. The real number could be even higher.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/45430-online-trolling-statistics-reveal-almost-one-third-of-millennial-americans-admit-to-being-internet-trolls

Offline WingNot

I think we ought to demand a little of that from the brats.  Chrissakes, we don't ask for much anymore, it seems.

I am reminded of the white tail deer.  The never look up in the trees or the shy. Evolution says they have no predators from above. 

That is why we sit in tree stands with one off them there automatic  assault weapons.

Offline NavyCanDo

Speaking of round earth vs flat earth, if you want a laugh google flat earth forum sometime. These people are nuts. It goes way beyond just thinking the world is flat like someone from ancient history may have thought. All of them believe there is a massive cover-up, most explain the sky we see at night as being projected onto a giant dome, and that the earth is the center of the universe. Real crazy stuff.  And lots of new recruits in this new generation.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am reminded of the white tail deer.  The never look up in the trees or the shy. Evolution says they have no predators from above. 

That is why we sit in tree stands with one off them there automatic  assault weapons.

I never hunted from a tree stand (many years ago).  That's for Archers, the season for which was the two weeks prior to our going out with the blasters.  Also never used a semi-auto rifle for it either.  In fact, in my part of Michigan we weren't allowed to use rifles, I had to use a shotgun with slugs.  Never much cared for the semi-auto shotgun I had (Remington 1100) because it wasn't very sporting.  I had a break-action 16 Gauge.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Speaking of round earth vs flat earth, if you want a laugh google flat earth forum sometime. These people are nuts. It goes way beyond just thinking the world is flat like someone from ancient history may have thought. All of them believe there is a massive cover-up, most explain the sky we see at night as being projected onto a giant dome, and that the earth is the center of the universe. Real crazy stuff.  And lots of new recruits in this new generation.

I wonder if they can be convinced the flat Earth is supported on the backs four elephants?  Then the regression of science would be complete.  Excellent.
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

I wonder if they can be convinced the flat Earth is supported on the backs four elephants?  Then the regression of science would be complete.  Excellent.

Turtles, turtles all the way down...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Turtles, turtles all the way down...

Turtles, elephants...I'd bet real money there have been wars fought over that. :smokin:
I will NOT comply.

Offline the_doc

In reality, a vast majority of that third probably thought it was an asinine question so they gave a trolling or sarcastic answer.

Ditto.

Online DB

A third of Millennials have difficulty determining what sex they are...

Doesn't bode well for the future...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A third of Millennials have difficulty determining what sex they are...

Doesn't bode well for the future...

Three words:  Test Tube Babies.
I will NOT comply.