Author Topic: Democrats’ Best Recruitment Tool? President Trump  (Read 323 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Democrats’ Best Recruitment Tool? President Trump
« on: April 07, 2018, 12:23:18 am »
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/04/06/us/surge-in-democratic-candidates-for-the-house.html

President Trump’s surprise victory and divisive governing style have galvanized Democrats in ways the party could have only dreamed of in the Obama years, when enthusiasm for its candidates sagged whenever Barack Obama was not on the ballot.

There is perhaps no better illustration of Mr. Trump’s impact on the midterm campaign than in the soaring number of Democratic House candidates running for their party’s nomination in the primaries.

The filing period has not even ended in some states, and there are far more Democratic hopefuls than at any time in the last quarter-century, according to data from the Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks political donations.

Notably, there are even more Democrats running for the House this year than there were Republican hopefuls in 2010, when the Tea Party uprising against Mr. Obama helped sweep in 63 new House Republicans.

more at link.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Democrats’ Best Recruitment Tool? President Trump
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 12:27:06 am »
Republican's best recruitment tool (Gawd, how I hate that phrase)?  Hillary Clinton.  Somebody needs to nickname the '16 election as "the groundhog day of elections."  Every day I get up, it's the same damned battle.  After two years, everybody is still choosing and defining sides.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 12:27:58 am »
   Another ominous sign that the GOP will lose the House in 2018.

*Yes, I know that Historically they're supposed to.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 12:34:13 am »
@Once-Ler

That graph is prophetic.  Add in there for the Democrats every soybean/pig farmer in states Trump took.  The pig farmers are losing money right now due to the threat of Trump's tariffs.