Author Topic: Trump asked CIA why they spared family when killing terrorist target  (Read 2092 times)

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: Trump asked CIA why they spared family when killing terrorist target
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2018, 06:38:26 am »
@catfish1957  I agree with you.  War is and must be awful.  Civilians will die.  But that doesn't mean we shouldn't attempt to avoid civilian casualties when possible.  I hope it is possible and accepted to have standards of "ethical warfare".

I remember stories about the British in WWII clearing an occupied village house by house, risking sniper fire, to avoid unnecessary civilian deaths.   There was the interest in "smart bombs" during Desert Storm.  I think drones can be useful in a similar vein. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2018, 12:17:17 pm »
@catfish1957  I agree with you.  War is and must be awful.  Civilians will die.  But that doesn't mean we shouldn't attempt to avoid civilian casualties when possible.  I hope it is possible and accepted to have standards of "ethical warfare".

I remember stories about the British in WWII clearing an occupied village house by house, risking sniper fire, to avoid unnecessary civilian deaths.   There was the interest in "smart bombs" during Desert Storm.  I think drones can be useful in a similar vein.

Absolutely.  I am all for going in for the win, and very much understand the concept of collateral damage.   OTOH....   But we are better than them.  We are civilized.  And if Trump said something to the effect of " why didn't we kill their family", well........he and they are no better than the facist we fought in World War II.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2018, 12:27:07 pm »
If you kill enough Muslums they will cease to be a problem.  Let Allah sort it out.

The simplest remedy.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2018, 12:58:06 pm »
Next time you have a thought...let it go.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2018, 01:10:17 pm »
Maybe he legitimately didn't know? It's just a question?

Or maybe it's fake news. The media likes to make stuff up.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2018, 03:26:42 pm »
Maybe he legitimately didn't know? It's just a question?

Or maybe it's fake news. The media likes to make stuff up.

It could even be to take measure of the man questioned, to see how he'd respond, whether it was something in the forefront of his mind.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn