Author Topic: "We May Take A Hit": Trump Warns Investors To Prepare For "Pain" In The Market  (Read 2115 times)

Offline corbe

Relax.  Believe it or not there are opinions outside this forum and you.

NAW, @Right_in_Virginia you're making stuff up again, there is no Forum other than TBR and the opinions therein. I do appreciate the Trumpers being here, quite a few of yall shine in the ability to debate issues rationally, without personal insults.
   This ain't no Echo Chamber, which makes it so enlightening.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Relax.  Believe it or not there are opinions outside this forum and you.

I actually support the POTUS on this matter.  If we do not stop the economic bleeding with the enemy Chicoms, we may not have any leverage at all in the future.  We may be seeing a tough 10-20 years, but our descendants will be better off for it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

As Trump said, this is not a trade war. This is a contest for control of critical technologies, in other words, for the future.

Then we had better get cracking on securing REE sources and making production facilities.  China has an overwhelming share of that, currently.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

As Trump said, this is not a trade war. This is a contest for control of critical technologies, in other words, for the future.

Then we had better get cracking on securing REE sources and making production facilities.  China has an overwhelming share of that, currently.

Did you see the article a couple months ago where REE were found in coal in multiple locations in the US?

I don't recall if the amounts were significant or if recovery was/is/could be economically viable, but if you're interested in that sort of thing you might want to do a search.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Taking a hit?  Predictions are now at best a 40% hit!  I don't know about anyone else, but that wipes out our retirement!

Over the long term, stock prices have averaged around 15 times earnings.  Of course, some stocks can go higher/lower, and sometimes stocks in general will go higher/lower, but over time that's about what investors are willing to pay.

Right now, the average is somewhere around 25-30x.  That tells me that at some point they have to go down by about 50%, as I don't believe there has been any fundamental change that would account for a "new normal".

Trump could do everything right, or everything wrong, but eventually prices will revert to normal. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Did you see the article a couple months ago where REE were found in coal in multiple locations in the US?

I don't recall if the amounts were significant or if recovery was/is/could be economically viable, but if you're interested in that sort of thing you might want to do a search.

The 'rare' portion is kind of misleading.  Many of the elements are quite common, but the concentrations, making production economical are what's not.  As you say, the viability is key. 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.