Author Topic: Roseanne Barr Is a Complete Nut  (Read 3377 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Roseanne Barr Is a Complete Nut
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 08:30:25 pm »
I stand with #FrankCannon!

The bunch of you little yappers are nothing more than gin soaked, bar-room queens.

....in Memphis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 08:31:42 pm »
Y'all must love Alek Baldwin too. Big looney leftist, 9/11 truther, whose character (Trump on SNL) takes swipes at the left too.

It's perceived by the media, right or wrong, that this Roseanne show is a victory for conservatism, if you don't agree with that, one has to convince others.

Also, George C. Scott played Mussolini in a movie, it hardly means Scott was Mussolini, Patton or anyone else he played.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2018, 08:39:47 pm »
Y'all must love Alek Baldwin too. Big looney leftist, 9/11 truther, whose character (Trump on SNL) takes swipes at the left too.

Oh yeah. I remember that alleged swipe making national headlines and getting record ratings......no wait. It was the opposite of that.

Your shits played out. You make no sense. Find a new hobby.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2018, 08:52:57 pm »
....in Memphis

And  I just can't seem to drink them off my mind.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2018, 08:55:09 pm »
Alec Baldwin is pretty good in some Christmas movie,  his Trump impersonation? Well, he sort of looks like him. Wow, I can't believe people are now, telling us, we shouldn't watch or enjoy some show because of someone's political beliefs.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 08:58:43 pm »
I couldn't believe some so-called conservatives were cheering for her show. Did you not see the crap she peddled, and is still peddling.

The Roseann craze among "conservatives" is as bizarre as the Trump craze.

Neither is conservative in the least, and neither is even remotely entertaining.

The whole country has lost its mind.   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2018, 09:03:15 pm »
There is no question that she has done a 180 U-turn from the way she was even only a few years ago. The reason doesn't matter. It is turning out to be a very positive development.

Another example of this new phenomenon is Alan Dershowitz. His new political views have cost him all his friends. According to him, none of his previous friends will even go to dinner with him anymore.

Let's hope this thing is contagious, whatever it is?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 09:03:53 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 09:04:50 pm »
Alec Baldwin is pretty good in some Christmas movie,  his Trump impersonation? Well, he sort of looks like him. Wow, I can't believe people are now, telling us, we shouldn't watch or enjoy some show because of someone's political beliefs.
@TomSea
If someone wants to watch Roseanne, that's their business. Saying she should not be taken seriously because of her political beliefs isn't the same thing
as saying nobody should watch her show or else. And calling her out on her very contradictory politics when she's not exactly the shy, retiring type about
expressing them is very well within the bounds of discourse. One has as much right to challenge and object to her politics (except that she seems to take
conspiracy theories as mother's milk, she changes her political positions with the frequency of one changing their underwear) as has she to communicate them.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2018, 09:09:17 pm »
And  I just can't seem to drink them off my mind.

:beer:

*girl beer*

Offline the_doc

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2018, 10:00:08 pm »
Who the eff cares? She presented a program where the p ussy hat movement was called out as moronic and American values were injected in a positive light. I don't care if she did that for the profit motive, a Satanic cult or April Fools. It was done in front of a massive audience and gave rural America a shout out on a platform were they are regularly treated like shit. We should be applauding it and encouraging it. Not nit picking it like a bunch of Upper East Side f aggots at the Harvard Club.

I agree.  My only concern is that the writers are promising a bait-and-switch.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2018, 10:17:08 pm »
Lady entertainer has successful show. "True conservatives" wring hands, complain she doesn't properly represent their "true conservative" values.

Where is it written, she should do that?

Then "true conservatives" need to get their own damn show, and do it for themselves.

But maybe they don't even need a show, since they have been mainly laughable lately.

"Jeff Flakey's Comedy Hour"

"The Evan McMuffin Show"

"McCain Matinee"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2018, 10:24:54 pm »
Roseanne Barr Is a Complete Nut

NO! Say it ain't so!  :smokin:

That's a lot like saying water is wet,Bubbette! is shrill,and Goober Gore is a retard.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2018, 10:27:32 pm »
I couldn't believe some so-called conservatives were cheering for her show. Did you not see the crap she peddled, and is still peddling.

@Sighlass

In her defense,she has no idea what she is saying most of the time. It just kinda comes out and surprises her as much as it surprises everyone else.

AND.....,BIG SURPRISE....,she ain't got any sharper as she got older.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2018, 10:32:40 pm »
She is playing them for all it is worth and they are buying what she is selling.

I actually saw a notable conservative commentator claim she (her character) portrayed regular working class people.

@AbaraXas

What do ANY teebee or news outlet commentator,conservative or otherwise,know about "working class people?" The only ones they ever meet are the waitress and busboys at the clubs they go to at night,and MAYBE the janitors they have a nodding acquaintance with that work in the same building they do.

Who was the famous NYC millionaire that was quoted as saying "Money buys so little these days that if you have a million dollars,you might as well be a rich man!",as he stood beside his chauffeured Packard limo and lit his cigar with a 100 dollar bill in 1929?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2018, 10:34:50 pm »
I was done with watching anything with her in it after her performance of the Star Spangled Banner at the Padres game in 1990.

@INVAR

I was done watching anything with her in it after hearing her screech out a sentence. That woman has a voice like a skill saw. Makes my head want to explode. If she were my mother,I would insist she wrote notes to me instead of speak.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2018, 10:37:11 pm »

The present day Conservative movement is noting but a collection of church zealots, scolds and all around uptight malcontent losers who do nothing but bitch and moan yet do nothing tangible to persuade this modern society that their ideas are relevant.

@Frank Cannon

I would like to argue with that. i really would,but I can't.

Dammit!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2018, 11:00:05 pm »
Lady entertainer has successful show. "True conservatives" wring hands, complain she doesn't properly represent their "true conservative" values.

Where is it written, she should do that?
If the lady is going to be damn fool enough to enunciate her political views publicly, surely she is not immune to criticism from those who don't
agree with her. Just as surely, she's not immune if she changes those views as often as a chameleon changes colour or, I repeat, a man or
a woman changes their underwear. Even more certain, based on her history, she's just as liable to change her present stance pro-Donaldus
Minimus when it suits her. And considering her chameleonic political nature (if you don't count her taste for conspiracy theories), with supporters
like that---even if fleeting---D.M. (who isn't exactly immune to chameleonic politicking himself) doesn't need enemies.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2018, 11:42:05 pm »
I agree.  My only concern is that the writers are promising a bait-and-switch.

When that happens, then people can turn on the show. I just don't see the point of getting bent out of shape before Lucy actually pulls the football.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2018, 12:38:39 am »
When that happens, then people can turn on the show. I just don't see the point of getting bent out of shape before Lucy actually pulls the football.

@FrankCannon

Roseanne is a fool AND a tool. Anybody that thinks she is the deep-thinker behind this probably still believes in the Easter Bunny.

Here is what is going on. The writers and producers scriped this stuff to kick-start a worn old series by bringing in the maximum amount of viewers. They knew that if that dingbat was seemingly going conservative,they knew it would create controversy and have people talking about the show,and even tuning in. People that would normally rather go see a dentist than hear her screech.

They get high ratings the first few episodes,the advertiser rates go up,the producers and other investors earn some cash,and the show gets renewed,and they make more cash.

If the ratings fall after mid-season they can always trot out "Roseanne Conservative,Part-2" for contract renewal time.

With Hollywood,it's ALWAYS about de Benjamin's.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2018, 03:12:12 am »

Seems the only one who's bent out of shape is you, Frank.

The rest of us are just posting our opinions about the leftist Roseann Barr and the leftist entertainment scene she's part of. 

You, on the other hand, seem to be having a fit.   :shrug:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2018, 03:26:03 am »

Except I watched the first show, it is all that and less. The kid on the show is a wanna-be transsexual except just one small click away from it. Grandpa decides to support him. The daughter is the lesbian from the view who for now is not coming out of the closet on the show. Unmarried mom just wants her kid to be happy. Their is no conservative values presented at all. The ball was never in place for Charlie Brown to kick. The show is the same-ole Simmo as most ever other liberal show on TV, perhaps even worse.

But don't let me get in the way of another anti-Christian rant of yours.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:28:18 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2018, 03:37:57 am »

But don't let me get in the way of another anti-Christian rant of yours.

Yeah sure. That was the take away from my comments. Thanks for proving my point, but since we are on that......considering they are selling churches for cut rate prices to be cut up into rental units all over the country, maybe the current dying state of Christianity/Organized Religion needs to be called out. As it stands it isn't really doing anything other than turning people off. Last statistic I read a year ago had over 4000 churches closing a year and only 1000 new ones opening. Those opening were in heavy immigrant areas (Mexican non English speaking). If you don't find that troubling enough to set you on some soul searching, you are a lost cause.

"Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds. Proverbs 27:23"

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2018, 07:28:17 am »
Yeah sure. That was the take away from my comments. Thanks for proving my point, but since we are on that......considering they are selling churches for cut rate prices to be cut up into rental units all over the country, maybe the current dying state of Christianity/Organized Religion needs to be called out. As it stands it isn't really doing anything other than turning people off. Last statistic I read a year ago had over 4000 churches closing a year and only 1000 new ones opening. Those opening were in heavy immigrant areas (Mexican non English speaking). If you don't find that troubling enough to set you on some soul searching, you are a lost cause.

"Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds. Proverbs 27:23"

Oh it is concerning, to the core. Not like you are the first to bring it to anyone's attention though, but I guess it seems to make a nice weapon (and to prove my point about your history of attacks on Christianity). Now take your verse you throw out, read the verse directly before it. (ie. Crushing a fool and how their folly persists nevertheless).

Heck it is a good chapter, read verse 9 also. Those of us that give "earnest council" and don't kiss up to the man are about as good a friend as you will find. It is up to you who your surround yourself with. Verse 6 deals with the so-called kisses you receive here. Verse 13 can be applied to those that voted for Trump. Your skin, not mine. Your coat (property) is in balance, not mine (security for an adulteress). Your verse is excellent, thus why those of us that actually care about you bother to respond honestly (without hypocritical love). Romans 12-9 TBR is a small flock. Verse 17 is often why we come to TBR (Iron sharpens Iron).

Thanks for the Bible verse. It made for a good read tonight.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2018, 05:56:32 pm »
Oh it is concerning, to the core. Not like you are the first to bring it to anyone's attention though, but I guess it seems to make a nice weapon (and to prove my point about your history of attacks on Christianity). Now take your verse you throw out, read the verse directly before it. (ie. Crushing a fool and how their folly persists nevertheless).

Heck it is a good chapter, read verse 9 also. Those of us that give "earnest council" and don't kiss up to the man are about as good a friend as you will find. It is up to you who your surround yourself with. Verse 6 deals with the so-called kisses you receive here. Verse 13 can be applied to those that voted for Trump. Your skin, not mine. Your coat (property) is in balance, not mine (security for an adulteress). Your verse is excellent, thus why those of us that actually care about you bother to respond honestly (without hypocritical love). Romans 12-9 TBR is a small flock. Verse 17 is often why we come to TBR (Iron sharpens Iron).

Thanks for the Bible verse. It made for a good read tonight.

What Frank doesn't realize is that his weapon against consistent Biblical morality and ethics - that Church attendance has declined - is actually an argument on behalf of remaining true to Biblical principles.  (A little knowledge - his - is a dangerous thing, especially when it's used to bash Christians and not debate truthfully).

The mainline churches in the late 19th century veered away from Scripture in favor of a "social gospel" based on leftist, progressive ideology, and because they moved away from God's truth, have continued to bleed membership and attendance.

Today's "evangelical" church is many times more interested in comfort and prosperity, and not ruffling feathers (and most recently, absurd political populism) than in being true to what the Bible actually says.  The immoral culture (that Frank adores) in our society has infiltrated many churches and made them spiritually impotent.  So in a very real sense, what Frank is promoting is part of what is killing the (American) Church............ the Church worldwide is thriving.

But, remaining true to Biblical principles, rather than being the cause of the weakness and softness of the American church, is the antidote...... the cure to the apathy of church goers and the antipathy of the world.

But..... back on topic (Frank does love to hijack, doesn't he?)...... the idea that Roseann Barr or Hollywood could ever speak for conservatism is a joke.

And once again, the joke is on the gullible CINO's who think this show is actually speaking for them.

@Sighlass
@Frank Cannon (as a courtesy only)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:40:31 pm by musiclady »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2018, 06:17:25 pm »

Re. real estate and churches. In my county several old church sites have been sold, turned into housing. I met an agent who searches for such opportunities.

They tend to be old, mainstream protestant congregations which have gone from large to small.

Meanwhile, some sites are taken over by Multiplecongregations. An old English only congregation is joined by a Korean language delegation for example. Withoout the addition, the site might not remain viable.

To date not a single Cathoolic site has been "re-purposed."

New evangelical congregations continue to be formed. Some tiny, some huge. One congregation in town is reusing a former gym site. Others use shopping center suites.

Our area is adding population, including immigrants. Orange County alone, is larger than 20 states. Orange plus San Diego County is larger than about 32 states. Orange+San Diego+Riverside+San Bernardino equals more than about just 8 states. Growing, not shrinking.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln