Author Topic: Toxic tattoo ink accumulates in lymph nodes, causing life-long cancer risk  (Read 938 times)

rangerrebew

Toxic tattoo ink accumulates in lymph nodes, causing life-long cancer risk

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 by: Rhonda Johansson   

(Natural News) Scientists now warn that colored tattoos can increase the risk of cancer. The pigmented dyes used by most tattoo parlors contain a controversial chemical known as titanium dioxide. This compound is added to tattoo ink to give certain colors. But while the chemical is efficient in exacting the correct shade desired, it is also associated to an assortment of debilitating conditions, not least of which is cancer.

A team from the German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment observed how titanium dioxide travels through the bloodstream and accumulates in the lymph nodes. This causes them to become swollen and hinders their ability to fight infections.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-09-19-toxic-tattoo-ink-accumulates-in-lymph-nodes-cancer-risk.html

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
titanium dioxide hasn't been popular for a while. It was just used in white inks and isn't very well loved in the community because as it fades, especially when exposed to light, it turns a bluish color. Most now is made from Zinc Oxide.

Of course, this is Natural News so I'm sure they are blowing the mundane out of proportion.

Offline ABX

Skipping way to the bottom of the actual study, it seems to indicate this is inconclusive. Natural News took the hypothesis they were studying and wrote their article on that versus the results:

However, elemental deposits in lymph nodes which were not found in the corresponding skin revealed that tattooing might not have been the only route of exposure in these particular individuals whose tissues were removed after their demise.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:00:49 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline RoosGirl

I've casually wondered if the increase in popularity of tattoos has anything to do with the increase in autism rates.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The games that statisticians and epidemiologists play. Everything can be shown to cause cancer.

Offline ABX

I've casually wondered if the increase in popularity of tattoos has anything to do with the increase in autism rates.

Everyone I can think of who has children with Autism don't have tattoos (or didn't until long after they had their kids). I've seen many reports that the increase in rates is simply related into an increase in labeling it as such versus just dismissing behavioral and learning disabilities as individual issues. (Ie the rates aren't higher, just more categorizing).

A statistical mirage according to some studies.

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/09/22/autism-increase-mystery-solved-no-its-not-vaccines-gmos-glyphosate-or-organic-foods/
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:10:17 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I highly doubt that. If anything, tatooed people seem way less autistic then non-tattooed people.

Offline RoosGirl

I highly doubt that. If anything, tatooed people seem way less autistic then non-tattooed people.

LOL  I was talking about the kids of people with tattoos.

Offline Frank Cannon

That premise is sillier than the article you responded to.

Offline RoosGirl

That premise is sillier than the article you responded to.

Well, I'm just a silly girl, so...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I think you have to have a mental disorder of some kind to get a tattoo in the first place. So, the correlation is not that the children are disturbed because the parents have tattoos. But rather that the parents were disturbed to begin with.

Here's a needle full of unknown colored stuff. Please use it to draw permanent graffiti all over my body. Spelling and actual artistic skill is optional.

I'm going to get a skull with a snake coming out of the eye socket on my neck. Yea Dude! Everyone will know that I am a real badass! That's nothing man. I'm going to get my current girlfriend's name tattooed on my forearm so I can remember her FOREVER! Good Idea dude! Go for it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

I think you have to have a mental disorder of some kind to get a tattoo in the first place. So, the correlation is not that the children are disturbed because the parents have tattoos. But rather that the parents were disturbed to begin with.

Go eff yourself you silly fruit.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Here's a tattoo of silly fruit...
I'm planning to get this on my thigh. It will look great when I am 80 years old!

Image result for tattoo silly fruit
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

I'm going to get a skull with a snake coming out of the eye socket on my neck. Yea Dude!

Wait... You have an eye socket on your neck?  **nononono* :whistle:

:tongue2:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Wait... You have an eye socket on your neck?  **nononono* :whistle:

:tongue2:

You don't!?