Author Topic: Wife of Democrat Congressman Arrested After Getting Trashed at Disney, Telling Cop She Can Do Whatev  (Read 1025 times)

Offline mountaineer

Wife of Democrat Congressman Arrested After Getting Trashed at Disney, Telling Cop She Can Do Whatever She Wants
Posted on April 3, 2018

The wife of of U.S. Rep. Darren Soto (D-FL), was arrested at Walt Disney World on Sunday after drunkenly telling a cop that she can do whatever she wants because her husband is a congressman.

Amanda Soto, 33, was charged with disorderly intoxication after an altercation with her mother at a bus stop.

The Orlando Sentinel reports, “Orange County Sheriff’s Deputy Cory Heller saw her ‘holding … her mother by the straps of the backpack she was wearing in an attempt to keep her from walking away,’ according to the arrest report.”  ...   Rest of story at Gateway Pundit

The perp

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Didn't they know who she was?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline mountaineer

Didn't they know who she was?
It's not like she didn't try to make it clear to them. Perhaps she was slurring her words too much.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Her husband issued a statement saying that she suffers from depression and is off her meds.

“Yesterday, she drank too much and reached an argumentative state with a family member, which led to arrest,’’ Rep. Soto said. “She deeply regrets her actions and takes full responsibility for them. Amanda and her physician will be reviewing her mental health treatment, immediately.’’

Looks life wifezilla got thrown under the bus.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

... According to an arrest affidavit, deputies say she and her mother were in a "physical struggle" near Disney Springs' Westside bus loop. A responding deputy said and her mom appeared to be intoxicated. After the deputy helped the pair call an Uber, Soto screamed profanities at the Uber driver, who refused to drive them.

The screaming and crying escalated, and Soto was placed in the back of a patrol car "for her safety," where she banged her head on the window, the deputy reported.   ...
More

I suspect one must be pretty darn trashed to bang one's noggin against the cruiser window.

Offline mountaineer

He really has:
US Rep. Darren Soto
‏Verified account @RepDarrenSoto
Apr 2

Like many families across America, we face these same struggles which is why it's critical to have mental health coverage and for our society to progress beyond the stigma associated with it. (2/2)

Thank you for your well wishes and support for my family during this time. My wife has been honest about her struggle of living with mental illness, and along with our friends and family we are getting through this together... (1/2)
His other tweets show him to be a solid Pelosi-style Dem, with the advantage of being Puerto Rican.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
He really has:His other tweets show him to be a solid Pelosi-style Dem, with the advantage of being Puerto Rican.

As in Bat-S##t Nutz?

She suffers from depression and is off her meds?

Major Clue right there.

https://ssristories.org/all-posts/

Swilling that garbage would account for All her odd, anti social behaviors.

But coming OFF that garbage is 20 times worse.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online corbe

I use to date her, every vacation was an adventure.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Good Grief! I hate that feeling. I know it so well.

It's that feeling when you come to in the morning with a pounding head and get that sinking feeling wondering what STUPID thing you did or said the night before.

Not so much anymore, but there was a time in my life when I gauged a successful night of drinking by not being in jail, not having any charges, and not having any injuries. I can certainly relate to her issues.

I agree that her husband is setting up for a divorce. That 'depressed and off her meds' comment is tailor made for a settlement.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

If I woke without dried blood or bruises on me AND not in a Jail, it was a win.  The beautiful thing is those memories do come back to you when your older at the most inopportune time, so you get to laugh again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

I use to date her, every vacation was an adventure.

"Family" vacations are often glimpses into hell. My first vacation with my wife's family was unforgettable: 3 vans, 11 adults, 8 kids under 5 YO. We drove from El Paso to Orlando, and I'll admit I was not prepared physically or mentally for the ordeal. That we did not get divorced after that trip remains a head scratcher.

Two years later, we did it again...my expectations were so low, it turned into a great trip. Plus my kids were two years older, 6 and 4, good ages for Disney World.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"Family" vacations are often glimpses into hell. My first vacation with my wife's family was unforgettable: 3 vans, 11 adults, 8 kids under 5 YO. We drove from El Paso to Orlando, and I'll admit I was not prepared physically or mentally for the ordeal. That we did not get divorced after that trip remains a head scratcher.

Two years later, we did it again...my expectations were so low, it turned into a great trip. Plus my kids were two years older, 6 and 4, good ages for Disney World.

My father's backhand could reach the third row seats of the Vista Cruiser.  You got one warning before the crying started.  If you cried longer than it took for Johnny Cash to finnish  "Ring of Fire" you'd be standing on the side of the road watching the Family Truckster pull away.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Somebody better make sure that there are no guns in their home, I mean isn't that what the government does to the little people, confiscate all the guns in the home of a mentally ill person?

Offline Frank Cannon

She looks like a kook.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Incidents like this is exactly why I only drink at home now. I may have a beer with dinner out, or a beer at a gathering, but I never "drink, drink" in public. It took a while to learn that lesson but I finally did.

She should take note. Alcohol is for 'home use' only. Make that a strict rule. I still post weird stuff on-line when I am drunk, but that is a lot better than a DUI or an assault charge.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Diagnosed depression, meds, alcohol are a prescription for incidents like she displayed.

Take alcohol away, and it works much better.

Fortunately for my family, my sister, diagnosed with unipolar depression about age 20, has never used alcohol or drugs.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm honestly surprised she was actually arrested.

Not as surprised as I am going to be if that cop is still a cop this time next year,though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Take alcohol away, and it works much better.

@truth_seeker

That is a major truth that could apply to many,many situations.

Don't ask me how I know this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!