Author Topic: US transports portable arms vault from Turkey Incirlik Air base  (Read 884 times)

Offline Fantom

https://news.am/eng/news/444327.html

Anybody care to guess what is in that? This is the last of three we have removed.

My guess is our B-61 thermonuclear bombs.... we store 50 of them at Incirlik.

Lets see...three 40 ton vaults...120 ton. Minus 50*700LB (17.5 ton) B-61. That leaves 102.5 tons of vault for security and lead shielding.

Does that sound about right? Good thing we are getting them out of there...it is getting hot.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: US transports portable arms vault from Turkey Incirlik Air base
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 06:37:47 am »
If you're guessing right - and I see no reason to doubt you - yes, getting them out of there makes eminently good sense.

I'd hate to see that stuff get swiped into the wrong hands.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 06:42:41 am »
If you're guessing right - and I see no reason to doubt you - yes, getting them out of there makes eminently good sense.

Maybe leave one with a trip wire when we evacuate completely.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 02:15:28 pm »
NM
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:10:15 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 03:24:52 pm »
Or it could be things like all of the desks and other such items that were at the DoDEA schools at Incirlik that are no longer in use since they send dependents home two years ago.  They are in the process of building three new highschool's in Germany as I speak... repurposing the equipment not in use at Incirlik would be a wise cost effective move.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 03:27:14 pm »
Could also be spare ordinance from the Patriot Missile battieries we had set up in Gaziantep
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 03:30:02 pm »
If that was a nuke then you wouldn't be standing there taking pictures of it.  Unless they've relaxed security immensely they don't allow people to just stand around let alone take pictures.  No, in my experience the entire area is locked down and you're not even allowed to be outside the buildings unless you are part of the team moving them. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 03:35:29 pm »
If that was a nuke then you wouldn't be standing there taking pictures of it.  Unless they've relaxed security immensely they don't allow people to just stand around let alone take pictures.  No, in my experience the entire area is locked down and you're not even allowed to be outside the buildings unless you are part of the team moving them.

They haven't changed the procedures.  The AF is very particular about photography on the flight line in general.  No way they'd let someone...even PAO take pics if they were loading nukes.  Which seems to me it would be something they'd want to do under the cover of darkness anyway.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 10:33:05 pm »

So there are no pictures of any  nuke, much less a secure vault in a secure area? After all it was a 40 ton armory vault.

Interesting.

Probably had some used desks with bubble gum stuck on the underside in them. Maybe it is where they kept the Playboy collection..it is a moslem country after all.  :silly:

Point being , they have removed three such armory vaults from Incirklet. Turkey is going full blown islamic. I am glad to see such... sometime pictures are shown for effect....

...https://fas.org/blogs/security/2016/01/b61-12_earth-penetration/

Nah, surely we would not have those there.

Anyways, we can conjecture what was in those vaults. Maybe extra paper clips.

But leaving Incirklet..Turkey is our enemy, it would seem. Of course we knew that after 9-11.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 10:42:49 pm »

Right, after the last incident at Incirlik... I would hope our nukes are long gone from there, and we are pulling out of Turkey. Hopefully Turkey is to be expelled from NATO.

The article, this one or others I have read said the Vaults were no longer needed. Makes me think this photo is for "information" warfare... "Hay Edrogan..guess what... as well as other interested parties.

Frederick Douglass

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 10:45:49 pm »

@Fantom
Huge difference between pictures of an inert weapons test and an actual nuke.  But what do I know, my only experience with them is being in the ammo dumps where they were stored and being locked down when they were moved.

but yes the weapons, if they exist in Turkey, should be moved.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 11:04:05 pm »
@Fantom
Huge difference between pictures of an inert weapons test and an actual nuke.  But what do I know, my only experience with them is being in the ammo dumps where they were stored and being locked down when they were moved.

but yes the weapons, if they exist in Turkey, should be moved.

We agree on moving our nuke assets out of Turkey.

The DOD takes pictures at will. Probably of most every nuke move. It is not like that photo had cheering crowds of extras. It looked minimal personel to me.

I have no direct knowledge of such operational security. I can only draw larger inferences based on well...
. Ultimately my own observations of data, and what is going on Geo-politically.  Could be wrong.  :dx1:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 11:21:43 pm by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass