Author Topic: Trump Lied Again About Mexico Border Wall  (Read 708 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump Lied Again About Mexico Border Wall
« on: April 02, 2018, 08:50:51 pm »
President Trump repeated a lie Thursday that construction on his U.S.-Mexico border wall had started. "We started building our wall, I'm so proud of it. We started. We have $1.6 billion. You saw the pictures yesterday. I said what a thing of beauty." President Donald Trump He was referring to photos he tweeted on Wednesday. The photos were of work that began in 2009......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/trump-lied-again-about-mexico-border-wall/vi-AAvg50T

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Trump Lied Again About Mexico Border Wall
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 08:58:03 pm »
Fact check: Trump extols work on wall that isn't underway

President Donald Trump is trumpeting the start of his U.S.-Mexico border wall, but no new work on it is underway. Photos he sent with his tweet last week showed the continuation of an old project to replace 2 miles of existing barrier.....

http://trib.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/fact-check-trump-extols-work-on-wall-that-isn-t/article_704cd4cc-f069-5459-be2f-93337f44b432.html

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 09:20:12 pm »
NBC uses the word "lie" for this and never did for anything Obama did. Interesting that people here would use this as their bible news source, isn't it?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 11:46:46 pm »
If they've looked at prototypes, sorry to tell you, they've begun work on this project.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 12:40:39 am »
If they've looked at prototypes, sorry to tell you, they've begun work on this project.

Sorry to tell you, that unless he's actually been granted monies for additional wall (not repair or replace), the wall has NOT been started.  Prototypes have nothing to do with actual building of new wall. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 12:42:10 am »
NBC uses the word "lie" for this and never did for anything Obama did. Interesting that people here would use this as their bible news source, isn't it?

Who cares if NBC called anything Obama did a lie; that doesn't excuse anything and it's a very weak comparison at best. We're talking about Trump and he is out and out lying.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 01:16:36 am »
@TomSea

Yes, a 2009 project.  Should we be loudly giving Obama credit?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 01:25:39 am »
@TomSea

Yes, a 2009 project.  Should we be loudly giving Obama credit?

No, I'm sorry, that is not what I said, I said 'prototypes' which have been looked at... also this:
City of San Diego receives additional $251 million to fund border wall fencing
April 2, 2018   David Davis

President Trump calls it a ‘down payment’ on his promised border wall. The original fencing went up in the early 2000’s to give border agents more time to respond to people crossing the border illegaly.

http://www.kusi.com/city-san-diego-receives-additional-251-million-fund-border-wall-fencing/

Now, you can disagree with this along the same grounds, but I will say it's something nonetheless.

@Suppressed

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 01:34:57 am »
No, I'm sorry, that is not what I said, I said 'prototypes' which have been looked at... also this:
Now, you can disagree with this along the same grounds, but I will say it's something nonetheless.

@Suppressed

You do realize what a 'prototype' is?  It is nothing more than a proposed model and isn't a part of the wall. He can look at models of walls all day long, but without money and permission to build an additional new wall, they are meaningless.