Author Topic: Memo to Lindsey Graham on Syria  (Read 427 times)

rangerrebew

Memo to Lindsey Graham on Syria
« on: April 02, 2018, 10:54:58 am »
Memo to Lindsey Graham on Syria
Michael S. Rozeff   

Your recent views on Syria, expressed here, are mistaken and confused.

“If we withdrew our troops anytime soon ISIS would come back…” This prediction is mistaken. If ISIS reconstitutes, the Syrian coalition (Syria, Syrian Kurds, Hezbollah, Iran and Russia) will defeat it again. Remember, “ISIS has suffered consecutive defeats at the hands of separate but simultaneous offensives in Iraq and Syria by the Russian-backed Syrian forces and allied militias as well as U.S.-backed Iraqi and Syrian fighters.”

“If we withdrew our troops anytime soon…the war between Turkey and the Kurds would get out of hand…” You are confused and mistaken. You appear to have forgotten that the U.S. supplied arms to Kurds, while irking Turkey. You forget about the border force: “U.S.-led coalition helps to build new Syrian force, angering Turkey.” The U.S. precipitated the Turkish invasion against the Kurds in Syria. It is because U.S. troops are there aiding the Kurds that this facet of their long-running war began. This conflict has been going on since 1978. The U.S. presence has only made matters worse.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/memo-lindsey-graham-syria/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Memo to Lindsey Graham on Syria
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 01:28:01 pm »
This issue should be considered.

I saw one article, I forget where, maybe that antiwar.com that said the USA will leave like we left Afghanistan.

Though, on the other hand, I would not forget our history in the region, we were in Beirut Lebanon when our troops were bombed.

We and everyone seems to be targets over there already but I'd keep this in mind. We have upset the Turks and we have upset the Russians. It doesn't seem out of the question for one of these or their allies, to take after us.

In the end, we need to do the right thing, I'm sure we are there in Iraq; already on a semi-permanent basis. That's pretty nearby.