Author Topic: US military commanders say White House is not giving adequate direction in fight against Islamic Sta  (Read 701 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US military commanders say White House is not giving adequate direction in fight against Islamic State: Report
by Anna Giaritelli
 | March 30, 2018 12:42 PM

U.S. military commanders say they are not getting sufficient guidance from President Trump's White House in their mission to defeat the Islamic State, according to a report published Friday afternoon.

"We send memos. We tell them [the White House] what is going on. I’m not sure they’re listening, or if they even know what we’re doing out here," one commander told NBC. "I don’t think anyone is home right now."

Although the U.S. military has said it is nearing the final stages of wiping out the Islamic State terrorist group in the Middle East, senior leaders said they need guidance on how to finish what they started four years ago.

With little strategy coming from the White House, ISIS may be getting closer to being able to reclaim some of the territory it had recently lost to the U.S. and ally nations.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/us-military-commanders-say-white-house-is-not-giving-adequate-direction-in-fight-against-islamic-state-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
TRUMP IS LETTING ME DOWN!!!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline aligncare

So, US military commanders tell NBC News, as retold here by the Washington Examiner, their Commander-in Chief is oblivious to events on the ground in Syria.

“We send memos. We tell them [the White House] what is going on. I’m not sure they’re listening, or if they even know what we’re doing out here," one commander told NBC.”

NBC News, the premier “hate Trump” propaganda outfit, is reporting anonymous sources in military command have no confidence in the White House.

Got it.  :silly:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tillerson is SOS until March 31st, today.

I read an article referring to the Hudson Institute and their findings as well.

We do have to be careful not to just get into some foreign entanglement.  Those wars should not just be all up to us and yes, our Kurdish allies who did much in Syria. We also have to watch out for a battle with Turkey and their allies, some are Jihadist-types, SDF. How do we know that this US Soldier killed in Syria this past week was not killed by an improvised devise left by Turkish allies, the SDF, Syrian Defense Forces? In fact, that would be my first guess. That war over there is not simple.

The "Experts" are the Hudson Institute, so take it or leave it. Their website seems positive about Trump in general:  http://www.hudson.org/ A "conservative think tank".

US Experts: US losing in Syria and Iraq
Laurie Mylroie Laurie Mylroie |
March 27-2018     08:22 PM

WASHINGTON DC, United States (Kurdistan 24) – A surprising consensus emerged at a Hudson Institute seminar Monday on post-Islamic State (IS) Iraq and Syria: the US is losing.

That was the position of all four panelists in Monday’s discussion at the conservative institute. The problem, as they saw it, was grounded in the extreme reluctance of President Barack Obama’s engagement in Iraq and Syria, starting in 2014, to fight IS.

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/30715362-3079-4e5a-af9a-0e9910a7c8e6

So, Bolton comes in April 9th, I heard. Why should there be almost 10 days after Rex's last day till now? Anyway, this does not seem to be a simple situation and again, I worry about getting too entangled in Syria. Iraq, a bit different I'd think.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 01:15:32 pm by TomSea »