Author Topic: Trump Declares Amazon A “Scam” In Early Morning Tweet Rager (What Set Him Off, This Time?)  (Read 3791 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
He's probably never actually used Amazon. He has no need to. He just tells someone to go get this or that.

Same thing happened to Bezos when he told an assistant to get him a newspaper, and he came back with the Washington Post for $300M from petty cash.

And he's turned the POST into a 'print' MSNBC.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The Post has been liberal waaaaay before Bezos bought the paper.  The Post has long gone after Republicans with more zealousness than Democrats.  If Bezos is truly using "the Washington Post as his personal bludgeon to settle scores with Trump", hopefully someone will post definitive proof of that assertion from a legitimate source.  Both Bezos and the editor of the Post, Marty Baron, have denied that Bezos has been involved in editorial or news content (but does involve himself in technical issues like web-page load times):

"When he bought the Post, there was speculation that Bezos wanted to control the editorial product. Bezos says he has no such interest, and Baron confirms Bezos doesn’t suggest coverage."

http://fortune.com/amazon-jeff-bezos-prime/

I remember my dad complaining about the left leaning coverage from WaPo back in the 70's.  They've been biased and inaccurate since I can remember.

Offline Concerned

I remember my dad complaining about the left leaning coverage from WaPo back in the 70's.  They've been biased and inaccurate since I can remember.

Exactly.  I grew up in the Washington DC area in the 60’s and 70’s.  As a teenager, even I recognized that The Post went after Nixon with more zeal than they did Carter.  More recently, just look at their coverage of Bush43 versus Obama.  To think The Post is suddenly liberal because they’re going after Donald Trump ignores decades of liberal attacks on Republicans.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline aligncare

@Victoria33
Here, you're preaching to the choir. I'm well on record as opposing Donaldus Minimus's attacks against Amazon. His and just about anyone else's.
I'll say it again---Jeff Bezos built a better mousetrap, so the cats are ganging up on him.

Trump and others like him saw a drop in the value of their real estate holdings while high end retail outlets were giving up their first floor, second and third floor leases because of the drain from online shopping, part of the general trend away from mall shopping to online purchasing. Many of these real estate moguls see Amazon as being responsible for the trend, while also having certain advantages with state sales taxes and a 50% off shipping deal with USPS.

I’m guessing this is the primary reason for Trump’s agitation with Amazon. Course it doesn’t help that Trump’s getting attacked everyday in Bezos’ Washington Post.

Offline Rivergirl

You will notice many third party suppliers on Amazon.  They are small businesses that would never reach the millions of Amazon shoppers.  Further, I suspect our mail carrier would lose his job without that last mile delivery by the post office.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You will notice many third party suppliers on Amazon.  They are small businesses that would never reach the millions of Amazon shoppers.  Further, I suspect our mail carrier would lose his job without that last mile delivery by the post office.

Great point.

Offline RoosGirl

Amazon also is an outlet for hand makers now, which I love.